Best oils to use on face?

faerie_bel

I have an oily t-zone and am prone to flaking and acne as well... I use Grapeseed oil to pre-cleanse and follow with a foaming cleanser. My skin has never been better.
smiles.gif

Peach_patch

I have really dry skin especially in the winter and I find using a cleansing oil ( safflower oil combined with a bit of lavender and Cromollient SCE ( an emulsifier ) works wonders. I never have any more dry patches or flaky skin.

nyla76

I use olive oil (extra virgin) every morning and sometimes at night to wash my face. I have been doing this for a couple of months now and it has not broken me out and my skin is softer. Its also good to drop a capful or two in your bath water because it makes your skin really soft. I used to used the harsh facial cleansers but they dried my skin or irritated my skin. During the day after washing I mix oil of olay with an SPF of 15 or 30 with a few drops of grapeseed oil as my moisturizer. So far no problems and my skin seems more tone and blemishes go away a lot quicker. Hope this is helpful.

permanentmakeup

black seed oil or Nagaila Stiva.. is the best oil to use on face.. its the real beauty secret of Egyptian women and i have also tried it.. it brings amazing changes to the tone and texture of skin..

permanentmakeup

black seed oil or Nagaila Stiva.. is the best oil to use on face.. its the real beauty secret of Egyptian women and i have also tried it.. it brings amazing changes to the tone and texture of skin..

Didor

Try HABA Squalane oil, there is no better face oil than this one.
The ingredients is 99% squalane, like stated in the product name.
The formular is fatastic, it's doesn't feel like oil once you applied on your skin, it's really light and refreshing, and you can never forget the softness of your skin the next day morning.

maryb

I have hyper-sensitive skin, which *used* to be combination before I made it go crazy by switching products too often and by using some not-so-gentle foundations. Two months ago, after a ton of horrible eczematic breakouts on my cheeks, neck and decollete, I started only using oils, hydrosols and NapCa (in the spray bottle, from the health food store) as my cleansing/mositurizing routine. With the exception of "Purpose Anti Redness moisturizer with spf 30" (the only thing that won't make me break out in eczema) and Strobe (under evening makeup), this is all I use. Um, yes, I use makeup - but my foundation of choice now is Jane Iredale's Liquid Minerals. I use a variety of blushes, concealers and highlighters - mostly Mac. No sensitivity from those at all. My skin has never looked as good, the red scaly nastiness is gone, I glow, wake up with my skin feeling soft and moist, not tight and itchy. Keeping things simple and clean has made the world of difference! What I use: 1.) Extra Virgin Olive Oil (with perfume oil from attarbazaar.com added in to remove the salad-y smell) to take off my face makeup. Rinse with warm water and a wash cloth (buy some beige/dark pink washcloths, trust me on this) 2.)Almond Oil to remove my eye makeup, rinse with warm water/washcloth. 3.)Use lavender hydrosol as a toner. 4.) Spray my hands with NAPCA and put on face, neck, decollete. 5.) Spray Rose hydrosol over that. 6.)Put a few drops of almond oil (at night) or grapeseed oil (morning) in my palm, rub it gently on my face - around eyes included - neck and decollete. I also use avocado and apricot oil as body moisturizers. If your skin is super dry and, err...ummm...maturing, you'll love these. I exfoliate my legs and arms with brown sugar, avocado, apricot and carrot seed oil. You wouldn't believe the difference! If I had oily skin, I might stick to grapeseed oil - its lighter and has special qualities that benefit oily/breakout prone skin, or so I've read. PS:Edited because I am the Typo Queen
th_wink3.gif

itssssarah

Jojoba is supposed to be the best to mimic your natural oils in your skin. I personally like coconut, but only in very small amounts on super dry areas.

angelspice

I use olive oil to deep clean my makeup brushes, I really don't use oil on my face because I have already oily skin

claire87john

Depending on your skin qualities - some oils may be too heavy, so you can experiment or mix - avocado oil is amazing, so is sweet almond. Some swear by hazelnut or apricot kernel oil. Rosehip and evening primrose oils are miracles, but you probably want to use them in combination with main oil. Grapeseed is a good light oil you use as a base and add others to it.

macattack77

This site is amazing for explaining the benefits of each essential oil:

http://www.makeupalley.com/account/vn.asp?u=carekate#Anchor-Recipe-14210

scroll down to "Essential Oil Guide for Skin and Hair". There are also recipes for homemade toners using these oils. Depending on what effect you're looking for, it helps clarify what kind of oil(s) to use.

Personally I've been leaning towards trying tea tree oil- for those who use it, what do you think of it?

SistaPlease

I use Jojoba Oil religiously on my face and neck! I am normal/dry skin type, getting dryer in the winter months. Because it is currently winter and my skin was getting some dry patches and some redness, I needed to up my oil moisturizing routine. I have recently put down Jojoba Oil for now (I will totally pick it right back up in the spring/summer), but what I have been using currently is Olie' Biologique Huile Moderne 004 Hydrating Oil. It is a mixture of Argan Oil, Roseship Oil, Vitamin E, Bergamot Oil, Neroli Oil and Frankincense Oil. IT HAS DONE WONDERS FOR MY SKIN! My skin is so soft and smooth, I no longer have dry patchy areas or redness, and my skin tone has evened out! Truly a miracle oil mixture! Sorry if I sound like a commercial, its just that feeling you get when you have a problem and you found your HG! haha

Latest posts