Tarte Cosmetics?

Simply Elegant

I love the cheekstains and I use the glam gams bronzer for my face which I like. I have a cream shadow that's just ok.

Strawberrymold

The cheek stains are fab, Tipsy & Blushing bride are amazing

The bronzers are also awesome, hotel heiress is gorge for sure but the sunburst bronzer is my star summer product! It is a moisturizer & a primer with mineralized ball of bronzer in it that release the perfect amount of golden glow when you rub them into the skin.

The foundation (recreate) is also amazing, it is super hydrating, blends like a dream and gives great coverage.

I do have one shadow palette, it is nice and the shadows are creamy and blend really well but as far as the colors are just so so to me. I reach for others more but it doesn't mean I don't think they are worth it.

The mascara is also really nice, gives a lot of volume and is really hydrating for the lashes, reminds me a lot of Fresh's Supernova mascara.

As for the glosses, not a big fan, if you don't mind that they are sheer... maybe. Still I don't think they are worth the price tag. I like lip and dazzle glasses a million times more and they are way cheeper.

Hope That Helps!

queli13

i also want to add that they have probably the most horrible customer service. they don't even have a telephone line! when i emailed them about making an exchange, it took them nearly a WEEK to get back to me, and their reponse was hi, our return policy is this: and then they copy and pasted the return policy from the website, i already read that! if i wanted to know that i wouldn't have emailed them!

Twinkle_Twinkle

All I have tried from Tarte is one of their bronzers which I like. I want to try their powders but the Sephora I went to doesn't carry the entire shade range.

AlyxVeee

I've bought their Re-create foundation and loooove it. Its too dark for me now but during summer was fantastic. However twice I bought the "Treasure Chest" at sephora and twice it was broken
ssad.gif

Other than that I love that their line is natural and really great quality =)

thekatalyst

I have some of the cheek stains, and I REALLY love them... but I just can't seem to find a way to put them on without making it look reaallllyyy uneven. How have you guys that have them managed to apply/blend them?

abbyquack

I love their face primer- it's the best one I've used! And natural ingredients without all sorts of yucky chemicals, so that's even better. But it just has a nice silky finish, so the skin doesn't get super oily throughout the day, and it can be used under liquid or mineral foundations.
smiles.gif

TwiggyPop

Their new lip stains are pretty great. They don't offer much hydration like they claim, but I usually wear Sugar lip treatment over top of them anyway. I got Amused before they were even available to the public because I had a hot date that night and it stayed all night......even after the make out session. haha.
Smooth Operator is awesome. I use it on most of my mature clients who don't want too much coverage.
I'm not impressed with MultiplEYE steps 2 and 3, but lights, camera, lashes is really nice.

As others have said, their cheekstains are awesome.

Their new Amazonian Clay blushes are also very nice.

Lights, Camera, Lashes! is a very good mascara, but I recently tried their Gifted Amazonian Clay mascara and OMG! It's my new favorite. It has one of those rubber brushes but it lengthens my lashes and gives some volume like you wouldn't believe. It doesn't clump or flake, either, and IT HOLDS CURL!!!! It retails for $19.

I like their lipstains, too. Currently I only have Amused. They're moisturizing and have sort of a cooling effect on your lips when applied. They have a minty scent to them. Best of all you don't have to sharpen them; all you do is twist the base and more product comes out. I have been meaning to buy more of these.

I also haven't tried them yet but I have heard great things about their Dark Circle Defense and Amazonian Clay concealers.

arvika

I haven't tried any of those things, but I love the loose translucent powder, the dark circle concealer, tinted moisturizer and liquid pen liner from Tarte! You literally can't go wrong with Tarte face products if you can find a good match!

QueenOfSnark

FYI - Just wanted to inform y'all that there's three new shades of the Amazonian Clay Blush coming to Sephora: Glisten (finally!), Buff, and Frisky. Buff seems to be a deeper version of Exposed, and Frisky a cross between Tipsy and Natural Beauty.

Would be nice if Tarte rolled out their exclusive QVC blushes...since they're releasing the foundations to the general public now I guess that's a good sign those blushes will come out eventually as well.

dyingforyou

does anyone know where else you could buy the carried away collectors set besides sephora? it's not on their website or at ulta :[ this is for a gift for the holidays so any help before then would be appreciated!

just found out it's a sephora exclusive :[ oh well.

OhSoJaded

does anyone know where else you could buy the carried away collectors set besides sephora? it's not on their website or at ulta :[ this is for a gift for the holidays so any help before then would be appreciated!

just found out it's a sephora exclusive :[ oh well.
Have you checked your local Sephora? When I was at mine a few days ago, they still had some in stock.

dyingforyou

Have you checked your local Sephora? When I was at mine a few days ago, they still had some in stock.
wow, late reply! i never saw it in my sephora but my parents surprised me by getting it for me! haha. it was a lovely surprise :'] all the eyeshadows are so gorgeous and very pigmented, and i do believe the mascara is my new favorite!

theprettycrush

I'm surprised this thread doesn't have more activity. Anyway, I just got the gorgeous Splash gel eyeliner in the summer Aqualillies collection and I was wondering what people think of the gel liners in the regular line. Do they wear well, and do they dry out in the pot? I like Splash so much I'm thinking of buying the black, but the finish looks different than this LE one. Not sure whether to go with Tarte or MAC for the black...

cocotears

i'm really hoping to try out one of their blushes when i save up some money. probably tipsy or natural beauty.

Latest posts