Tarte Cosmetics?

fletch50

Has anyone out there used anything from Tarte cosmetics? In particular, the eyeshadows, lipglosses and bronzers? I totally love the names of the colors, but it's a little too expensive to buy just based on that. I would appreciate any comments
smiles.gif

aerials

I don't have any Tarte, but I want the Westley & Buttercup or Ferris & Sloane double-ended lipglosses really badly. They're like $30+ CAD though
ssad.gif

user3

Well I own some Tarte cheek stains and the love Tarte Glam on the Go brush.
Love them!

As for the eyeshadow I know the reformulated them and I've heard great things. I have also heard that the Jack & Rose Supergloss is great. These are comments from a friend o mine. I myself have not tried them.

Isis

I've yet to try the eyeshadows & lip glosses, but I do love the cheek stains!

kaliraksha

Cheekstains are hot... worth the money... a bottle (28 dollars US) seems to contain a lot of product.... I tried their new eyeshadows at Sephora and wore them around the mall and I really like the colors and how smoothly it went on...

MissMarley

ehh...i've had some of the lipglosses and hated them- no pigment, even less staying power than most glosses, the brush is too thin and makes it hard to apply- not worth the $$$
and aerials, don't worry about wesley and buttercup duo- it's basically clear. so not worth it.

xxmissjennyxx

i really like the lipglosses. they come in all sort of colors and are well worth the price. i also use their eyeshadows which are also great! they look loud and vibrant, but they apply kinda sheer so i use them wet when i want an intense color.

MzzRach

Tarte's Smooth Operator tinted moisturizer/sunblock is my favourite of their line that I have tried. The push up gel blushes are really pretty, but I find their texture too sticky for my taste.

gabi03

the cheekstains are good, some of the eyeshadows are really pigmented (just not the ones in the palettes) but i do love their eco mascara.

Okami08

I use their foundation and cheekstains exclusively for foundation and blush because I'm allergic to everything else I've tried (I have crazy sensitive skin and I can't even narrow down what specific ingredients I'm allergic to). I love their Smooth Operator foundation - it's light, which I love, and Facade perfectly matches my very pale skin. It's also got SPF, which is great! I like their gel cheekstains a lot - I don't have issues with them being sticky, and they last all day on me. My faves are Dollface, Cloud 9, and True Love. I also use their Clean Slate primer, and it works great for me. I'm very loyal to them for those three products, because nothing else I've tried has worked for me!

I also have eyeshadows from them, and I really like them. Since they reformulated them a few years back, their eyeshadows are smooth and blend easily, and I find that, over Urban Decay Primer Potion at least, they show up very much like they do in the pan.

I'm a lipgloss junkie, so I have their lipglosses, too. The normal double-ended glosses are nice - smooth, hardly sticky (much less than MAC's lipglasses), and nice color, but I adore the Inside Out gloss. The stick-factor is similar to Lipglass, but they're soooooooo moisturizing. Most of the Inside Out colors are pretty sheer, but R&R isn't.

I dig their brushes, too. Their flat-top blending brush (discontinued, unfortunately) is so soft and easy to use. I got a few and have given them as gifts, and every person I've given one to has come back to me a couple months later and said they loved the brush and use it all the time.
greengrin.gif
Their double-ended eyeshadow brush is pretty nice, too.

Because of my allergies, I have a bunch of their stuff - I'm allergic to only a very few items from them, which is something I haven't been able to say about any other line.

Added: I've tried their Yellow Mellow, and while I find it easy to use and it doesn't irritate my skin at all, I (very fortunately) don't have much in the way of redness unless my other allergies (cats, dogs, the outdoors, etc) are acting up, but it works nicely on my mom. I find it works best for me (and her) with cream first, then foundation, then powder.

SparklingWaves

Here are the ones that I have. You can see that flush looks more berry and dollface has a pinkish tone. Flush looks more like a stain to me & dollface is a bit creamier.

DSCF6820.jpg

DSCF6817.jpg

DSCF6815.jpg

DSCF6814.jpg

DSCF6811.jpg

DSCF6810.jpg

queli13

i just made a huge order from tarte, i got the vanity palette as well as a paul/holly lipgloss and a free shimmer powder in sugar daddy. i also bought a foundation kit. i love the colors of the shadows, but they're really hard. the lipglosses are divine, and for some reason the bronzer in the kit is harder than the one that you buy separately... the lip gloss--i looove paul, would buy it over and over...except for the crazy high price tag and the horrible holly on the other end! luckily i got it for free! i also love their skin primer! the other products in the kit are really horrible though.
ssad.gif

Latest posts