• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

personal mac palette

poppy z

Hi everyone!!!

I have enough to buy mac pro palette by 4 or 15 pans. So I decided, with the help of my friend Virginie (
th_worship.gif
) to create my own palette.

What I use:
_a cd
_foam color rubber (it's very cheap)
_magnets (or anything magnetize)
_glue
_scissors
_some mac postcards for decoration

here is a link to my makeup blog with pictures of this tut'
I hope you will like it:
www.ditamakeup.canalblog.com

The result:
My green, brown and black & blue palettes:
dscn17203vs.jpg

when it's open:
dscn17211ys.jpg

close view:
dscn17245wl.jpg

It's simple to do.

first: take the dimensions of the cd and put the foam rubber in it (with this dimensions)
then: take your e/s for drawing the cercles and cut them with scissors for make the holes
Put magnets in the holes and add your e/s

And for the rest: do what you want. My friend Virginie put a mirror on the other side but I prefer put the name of the e/s.

Now, I keep my 4 mac palette empty (I have 2) and I use it when I travel.

I hope it was clear (because I'm french).
If you have any questions: MP!!!

wavey.gif

Piaqua

Awww... what a great idea! Especially since a lot of people (myself included) don't have access to a freestanding so they can buy palettes.

poppy z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Behave
wow that's super pretty!!!

Hey, Miss_Behave, my friend!!! Thx for your post.
But where are you (I send you a mail)...?
If you go to Paris, you will see my palette in real
rofl.gif

I have a preference for the culturebloom one (brown/ gold/orange...): it's my best work!

wavey.gif

MzEmo

WOW that looks awesome love the whole idea of making a pan out of a cd case. 8) GREAT JOB.

YOOTOPiA

wow that is fantastic, i love how you used the post cards as covers. thanks for posting, you're so creative

CWHF

That's really fabulous! And you get a lot more storage compared to a 15-pan for the space. I may have to try this!

Latest posts