Crown Brushes - questions & discussion

Heiaken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ode to Joy
Where can I find the brush Coastal Scents sells as "Black Taklon Angle Liner" at Crown Brushes?

I think it's the BK11 of the Luna series:
Crown Brush

LIlyeuhh

Hey everyone!

Does someone in Europe have ordered from Crownbrush US site? What did it cost? What was the delay? How did you pay?

blindpassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxluverxx
Blindpassion,
Did you purchase the stiffling brush from Crown Brushes? If you have used it can you provide me with some feedback? Many thanks!

Hey! So I've finally had a chance to use all my crown brushes, and I will be doing an in depth review in a few days. But to sum it all up, I am happy with ALL of them except... the 187 Dupe (how ironic! haha), It lost a million hairs and when I was washing it (and before people accuse me of not knowing how to wash brushes, I do know how -) the whole head of hairs fell right out into my hand!

But before people think that they will happen with all crown brush, it wont, they have served me very well and I am so impressed with the quality to price.

smiles.gif
I will do a more in depth review soon.

nichollecaren

Ive tried to order from crown TWICE and nobody responds! what am I doing wrong? I even got a confirmation email telling me I would be contacted with an invoice...its been a week!

After my first attempt, i sent an email to customer service asking them how long it would take to send me an invoice, they responded saying they dont have an order in my name!

Sigh, is there anywhere else I can just click and check out?

nichollecaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestRx
I got about 20 Crown brushes for Christmas as my first real set of brushes. I bought a few drugstore ones earlier this year but decided to upgrade to a full set and didn't want to shell out a small fortune to do it. I am loving them so far. Here are my faves:

Studio Series:
C108 Flat Top Bronzer (super duper soft. I also use it to buff out any powders I've accidentally put too much of on)
C222 Round Contour
C200 Deluxe Crease (imo better as a blending brush than the one they list as a blending brush)
C210 Small Chisel Fluff (slightly smaller than the MAC 239 and great for highlighting or all-over lid color esp. if you have little eyes like I do)

Luna Series:
BK11 Angle Liner
BK20 Angle Brow
BK18 Round Crease (a little smaller and more pointed than the C222)
BK32 Badger Angle Blush (this one is not on the US website so I had to ask for it in the sepcial instructions box)
BK25 Badger Powder Brush (also not on the US site. It's soooo soft and pretty but also HUGE so I can't really use it for my face but it would make a great body brush if you apply any powders/shimmers to your neck and decollete)
IB124 Badger Kabuki (so much love for this one)

There were a few disappointments, though:
BK9 Foundation (too small and not the taklon fiber I'm used to. I end up using this to apply primer)
BK10 concealer (too dang big. Haven't found a use for it yet)
C313 Duo Fiber Brush (supposed to be the 187 dupe. I had to go out and buy the 187 anyway. It doesn't even compare.)
LCS Leatherine Brush Case (I threw this in because I was a couple of dollars away from the $100 free shipping mark. It feels as cheap as it is and the zipper sticks. I replaced it with the AWESOME Stila brush roll from drugstore.com for $12.)

The ordering process has one extra step than most online shoppers have gotten used to but is still fairly easy. You submit the requisition online through the website; they send you an email confirmation; and then someone from Crown calls you to take your payment and confirm shipment. It came really quickly even during the height of the holiday season.

HTH.
winkiss.gif

can you say epiphany! THEY CALL!!!!!! okay, i'm gonna try callin em back
winks.gif

JaszG

I ordered mines on Monday of this week and they arrived Thursday! I was very impressed with how fast the shipping was.

slick

OK here are my thoughts of the few that I have owned from the Luna Series:

BK4 Angled Blush - got this for contouring but thought it was too stiff and dense. Hoped it would be like the MAC 168, but its a bit smaller and it is nowhere near as soft.

BK13 Blending Fluff - this brush is quite large, too big for the eye. I use it for highlighting powder now ;-)

BK18 Deluxe Round Crease - its like a bigger, rounded MAC 219. Too big for applyling lower powder liner like the 219, but its great for creasework and blending, and you could use it to smudge the lower lash line. I like it!

BK20 Brow Brush - now THIS is a brow brush! Its VERY stiff and combs brows well. Love it!!!

I also have from the Studio Series:

C141 Small Chisel Blush - this is a decent blush brush, very similar to the MAC 116. Bristles are a little less clean cut and not as soft. But decent enough!!

I also just recently discovered Royal & Langnickel brushes! They aren't as cheap as Crown (they run about half the price of MAC brushes) but their SILK series is to die for!!!! I got the Baby Dome and the Large Smudger brushes and they are my new favorites!! Try to find them at trade shows for cheap!!!

Piperette

Hi,

I would like to get a few brushes. I know the Mac ones have received great reviews, but unfortunately I don't have the budget for it.
cry.gif

Looks like Crown brushes is just what I am looking for.

Could anyone please recommend me some brushes (preferably Mac ones and the Crown equivalent)?

I am after a foundation brush: for liquid and cream foundations, never applied it with a brush before, but have heard and read lots about it.

Some eyeshadow brushes: not sure which ones I would need? I am not really an expert with eye makeup. I guess one for applying it and one for blending?
th_confused_new.gif

Lips: again not sure about this one or whether I actually need any as I usually only use lipgloss.
th_confused_new.gif

Any help would be much appreciated.
thmbup.gif

Tahti

I looooove these brushes. My entire brush collection consists of CB's and artists watercolour brushes... (which are actually amazing, and inexpensive!)

I bought the Deluxe Studio Set and I have no complaints of any of the brushes except the foundation one - found the brush a bit difficult to work with, but that just might be because I have difficulty with foundation brushes in general... Saving for MAC stippling brush ;D

jenizzle

I have a few of these brushes too, and they really are awesome. It can be really daunting at the start when you're trying to find ones that you think you want, then seeing there's about 10 of each kind! Also, the mini brushes are REALLY mini
smiles.gif

seabird

what are the basic series like? they look the best imo ahah, i'm so picky. also is there any difference in quality from perfectly pink and luna? they're exactly the same brushes, both sable & goat and the same prices, is the difference just the handle/ferrule colour?

blindpassion

^ The brushes in the Luna series are better quality in my opinion... the construction of the brushes and the handles are better. They are much more solid.

seabird

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpassion
^ The brushes in the Luna series are better quality in my opinion... the construction of the brushes and the handles are better. They are much more solid.

thanks! unfortunately the brush i want is sold out in the luna series
ssad.gif
!

gingin501

I got my brushes last week and I love them!!! Love them!!! I ordered from the Back Stage Collection and they are awesome! I will be ordering more soon! I'll post a pic later.

silencemylips

these brushes are fantastic. I love the medium foundation brush, it's the perfect size & works great at blending. The crease brush is also fantastic, but I'm still looking for something to dupe the 219 as this is a bit fatter than that.
Anyone know a good dupe for the 109? I bought the c141 small chisel brush but I'm not sure that is was the best match.

nichollecaren

So I got mine today...and basically i'm pleased. I'd give the whole purchase a 7/10
makeupstuff015.jpg

By jesusgirl82, shot with COOLPIX S60 at 2009-05-16

I LOVE the mini smudger! its perfectly flat and perfectly shaped!
th_DANCE.gif

makeupstuff010.jpg

makeupstuff011.jpg

makeupstuff012.jpg

update: it works fabulously, as I expected..I wish it were a little more dense, but still my fave eye brush by far

The deluxe dome is HUGE more than I bargained for
shockt.gif
But i'm looking forward to trying it out.
dscn0637.jpg

makeupstuff002.jpg

By jesusgirl82, shot with COOLPIX S60 at 2009-05-16 at 2009-05-16 edit: one word : HUGE. Verry soft though... luxurious. Works great.

The deluxe fan was too wide and too soft..I washed it and it flared all over the place...I'm currently considering some hairspray for it
th_dunno.gif
...it did apply my cheekbone highlight nicely even in its splayed state...so I expect to be able to use it.
dscn0644.jpg

dscn0645.jpg

By jesusgirl82, shot with COOLPIX S60 at 2009-05-17
edit: still works, but I have no frame of refrence, planning on getting another type of fan to see

The Flat bronzer is the softest and most dense of them all, I just hope I figure out how to use it
th_confused_new.gif
dscn0640.jpg

dscn0639.jpg

this brush still sheds...horribly. Still smells too. But it is soooo soft

The round crease was a tad too fat and the top was round...I was hoping it would have a point... soooooooo I trimmed it!
sneaky.gif
now, its perfect (seriously) I sat at my desk with a scissors and painstakingly trimmed it round and round ...took me abt 30 minutes. No wonder MAC brushes cost so much!
makeupstuff006.jpg

dscn0649.jpg

edit: my second fave...but after much modification

The oval shadow is too big for my lil eye...I dont think i'll use it
makeupstuff007.jpg

makeupstuff009.jpg

edit: changed my mind about this brush....its my all purpose...great for blending

The round angled brush is verry nice. Perfect shape and size for cheek contour...I regret not getting the tapered one. Somehow assumed the deluxe dome would do the trick LOL Wrong!
dscn0643.jpg

dscn0642b.jpg

the Deluxe crease is a great blender brush-no complaints, except it splayed a bit after washing

dscn0648.jpg

dscn0647.jpg

But most important thing I could ever share...they smell when wet EWWWWWW...kind of like goat, i'd say. Def not wet dog or cat. I found a vid by enkore on 'deodorising brushes'---I'm getting to that as soon as I can aquire some baking soda.

I'll post pics when theyre all dry.finally posted the pics!

thanks for reading

Tahti

Any recs for a kabuki brush? I'm getting another haul from them (one can never have too many angle brushes and tiny eyeliner smudgers... or maybe that just my addiction speaking ;D)

nichollecaren

I read that the Italian Badger Kabuki was to be avoided because it is too soft...I guess any other would be a better idea

Latest posts