Crown Brushes - questions & discussion

kissacid

Are these any good? Their website is mind-boggling, I'm not sure what's good.

I've been tinkering with the idea of starting a brush/makeup accessories line. I've already heard good things about japonesque and asked them for a catalogue. I just wanted to find out a little more about Crown.

Susan

Japonesque are much better quality in general. Skip the Pro line and mineral line from Crownbrush. But the Badgers are soft, the Studio and Backstage lines are pretty good.

melony

I got the mini badger set and the fdundation brush in the badger line also
so far so good!

jenjunsan

I have the full line of italian badger brushes. The are very nice IMO and also very reasonably priced! The only one that I was not happy with was the italian badger kabuki which was to soft and not thick enough to buff with.

Susan

Their best brushes hands down is the mini Badger travel set. They are really soft and dense - softer than the full size Badger brushes. The worst brushes are the mineral line and pro line. The mineral line are too hard, too big, and too scratchy. The pro line brushes I received were poorly and unevenly cut. Also stay away from C109 and C223 and Badger foundation as they are scratchy. I was generally happy with most brushes from the Badger and Studio line though. Overall they are nice brushes at a great price! A group buy is a great way to go to qualify for great discounts!

Susan

They are cheap because they are the manufacturer, so those are wholesale prices. A friend on another board is doing a group buy to get a 40% discount. Then they are *really* cheap.

saucipinkbabydoll

Crown Brushes are awesome!!! (Thnx caffn8me!)

I just have to give a shout out to caffn8me for sharing with us about the crown brushes co. I just got my order today and I must say these brushes are soooo amazing!!!! I just cannot believe the quality of these brushes!!! And they are sooo cheap at around $1-15 I think was the most expensive one that I got. I got this chisel deluxe dome brush that looks and feels exactly like MAC's 136 powder brush that's $62.00 for $12.95!!! Can you believe that?!!Also they have the exact brush belt MAC sells without it saying "MAC" for I think about $19.00.So take a look girls! It is totatlly worth it.And thanks again Caffn8me! By the way I pmed you! (=

aziajs

I have always said I was going to check these out. I have heard good things. Great to know that they are of a good quality.

more_please

Could anyone that uses the Crown Brushes list their MAC equivalents?
ie MAC 224 = Crown M7

It would be greatly appreciated!!!

saucipinkbabydoll

"Which ones did you buy, there's so many!"
Yes that is the website, and sorry to get back to you so late, but here are the ones I've gotten

C104 angle brush
C140 Chisel deluxe dome brush=MAC 136
C200 Deluxe crease
C139 stiff tapered crease love this one
KBS Mineral Kabuki=Catherine Denueve Kabuki brush
M7 Deluxeu crease
M9 Angled Shadow
IB124 Italian Badger Kabuki (ok)
C157 Detail/firm shadow(ok)
C158 Smudger/oval fluff
C159 liner/chisel fluff
C154 Cresent fluff ( my fave) this brush is amazing!! It blends your crease and highlight color effortlessly for a beautiful effect. I put the crease color on one side of the brush and highlight color on the other and follow the shape of my socket.
C220 angle fluff
C206 Deluxe lip brush = MAC's lip brush w/ cover

hope this helps!

poppy z

I will place an order soon because they delivery France!!!
But I'm waiting for the shipping cost before buy.
It's very cheap and the sellers are very sympathic!

as_cute_as_pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by more_please
Could anyone that uses the Crown Brushes list their MAC equivalents?
ie MAC 224 = Crown M7
It would be greatly appreciated!!!

i agree that would be fab
greengrin.gif

anyone know if they deliever to the uk and how much? cant find it on site.

Latest posts