Studio Fix Fluid - How do you apply it?

Kiseki

I usually prep the skin with a very light oil-free moisturizer, blot the skin with a kleenex (if I'm really in a hurry) and apply Studio Fix Liquid with an angled sponge (ever so slighty damp for a more sheer finish or dry for more coverage), in areas of dilated pores I usually pat the foundation, unless I do fast circular movements, touching it up in areas that need more coverage.

Very rarely do I apply a brush and I'm not particular fond of it, I use the 192 brush for Studio Tech, but I don't think it would work nicely with Studio Fix Liquid.

m4dswine

See I do have a good foundation brush, but the hassle of using one to apply foundation when I have perfectly good fingers available... I think I might wait a little longer for a 187, I have a similar shaped brush that I can use to blend afterwards. I'm not sure I can afford a 187 right now either!!

amoona

I use a Sonia Kashuk just like MAC_Pixie04 does. I was too broke to buy a 190 or 187 when I first started wearing foundation. I don't wear it often though, only when I go out and I know I'm gonna be dancing cuz I get really red without foundation when I'm hot.

I just use that brush n then set it with Studio Fix powder. Never noticed streaking ... the brush is super cheap at Target.

MelodyAngel

Best way to apply Studio Fix Fluid?

Hi everyone!

I'm trying the Studio Fix Fluid foundation for the first time, and I wonder what is the best way to apply it for a nice airbrushed finish? I've used Studio Fix powder forever, and I just throw it on with the 187. But every time I go to a MAC Counter, their foundation looks amazing! So I asked, and was told to use Studio Fix Fluid with the Studio Fix powder or MSFN to finish it.

What is the best way to apply it? With the 187, with my fingers, or some other brush or sponge? I haven't used liquid foundation before, but I'm ready to take the plunge! I want that flawless airbrushed look too!
yes.gif

Thanks so much!
winkiss.gif

ThePostcardOrg

Re: Best way to apply Studio Fix?

I like using my 109 or my kabuki brush - basically you just need to buff your ass off. For the best airbrushed finish buff a very sheer layer of powder, preferably something mattening
smiles.gif

MelodyAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePostcardOrg
I like using my 109 or my kabuki brush - basically you just need to buff your ass off. For the best airbrushed finish buff a very sheer layer of powder, preferably something mattening
smiles.gif

I've heard so many raves on the 109...I might have to get that one! Thanks!
winkiss.gif

Fataliya

I have a foundation brush (not MAC), but for some reason, I can't get into it. I use my fingers to apply the foundation, and one of my EDM brushes to put on the powder.

GlamQueen21

^So do I. I use my fingers to apply foundation since it's much easier for me. I might try the 109 brush sometime soon.

pdtb050606

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelodyAngel
I've heard so many raves on the 109...I might have to get that one! Thanks!
winkiss.gif

Yes the 109 is a MUST for liquid foundation, I love this thing!

AdlersMommy22

i use my 190. I never thought about using a kabuki.. thats a good idea. My 190 works wonders.. i just paint it on its fantastic.

moonlit

I use 180 brush and it gives me more coverage than the 187..

187 for good skin days

180 buffer brush on days i need a bit of coverage..

I put tiny dots of SFF and then use the 187/180

anshu7

I mix my SFF with a drop of moisturiser and apply with my 187. I used a wet MAC sponge when I didnt have 187 which also worked quite well. Just wondering, if u continue to go over the streaks with ur brush will it blend it out? The other day I saw someone on youtube use Everyday Minerals Flat Head brush to apply SFF and the result was awesome!

Latest posts