MAC Pro Student Color and Tool Kit pictures

annrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by schiller16
do you mind stating the prices for each kit? (with discount) like how much they were seperate because im gona be getting pro student card next year and i,m very intrested in the color kit. thanks
smiles.gif

These prices are in Canadian dollars...
Color Kit: $502.50 (plus tax and shipping)
Tool Kit: $208.00 (plus tax and shipping)

sugaxbayb

How do I show proof that I am a student at my particular school?! How do we pay for the student kits, do I need to use a credit card?! I will be attending school in September for Aesthetics & am very interested in both sets.

katie_070405

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxipoodle1
how much would it be in U.S dollars?...but omg i'm dying over here i soooo want this its crazy!!!!

It is $150 for anyone to buy .....but you can only get it at a pro store or from the pro #. If you have a pro card it is only $90. I'm definately getting it once i save up some money. Even with the pro card I can't afford it right now. I have the traincase but this looks sooo much lighter. I have to have it.

caffn8me

The special discount on the student kits is simply the same (which is 40% in the USA and 35% here in the UK) as is offered with the full Pro discount. Anyone with a full Pro card can buy all the individual components of the student kit at a Pro store and it will cost them exactly the same that a student with a Pro Student card would pay for a pre-assembled kit so neither deal is better. They're identical.

Student Pro kits are certainly available in the UK but their contents are different.

katie_070405

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffn8me
The special discount on the student kits is simply the same (which is 40% in the USA and 35% here in the UK) as is offered with the full Pro discount. Anyone with a full Pro card can buy all the individual components of the student kit at a Pro store and it will cost them exactly the same that a student with a Pro Student card would pay for a pre-assembled kit so neither deal is better. They're identical.

Student Pro kits are certainly available in the UK but their contents are different.

Could you give us a run down of what is in the UK kit?

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie_070405
Could you give us a run down of what is in the UK kit?

There are in fact several different UK kits because the Pro store tailors them for different courses and schools.

There were four kits on my course which was run by M·A·C and they were tailored to that course. These are different to kits supplied to places like the London College of Fashion.

The first kit was a "skin" kit which consisted of foundations, powders and moisturizers. It was designed by David Horne, a senior M·A·C trainer and was intended to contain a set of foundations which would allow a professional makeup artist to operate under any situation (editorial, beauty, fashion, catwalk, bridal etc.) on any skin tone with coverage from sheer to opaque. As such, it contained rather more than the student kit shown above. It had a wide selection of foundation shades in Studio Fix, Face & Body and Full Coverage as well as Face & Body Mixing Medium. It also contained texture effects - Gloss, Matte and HyperReal FX powders.

The second kit was a "colour kit" which was eye shadows, eye liners, lip liners, blushes and lipmixes.

The third kit is a lip kit just containing just lipstick.

The fourth was a brush and tool kit.

I'll list the exact contents tomorrow when I've dug out the paperwork. The kits were offered to students on the course at the full UK Pro discount.

katie_070405

I am wondering b/c I am trying to put together a kit and would like to know what shades MAC puts into the student kits. I mean....they put those colors in there for a reason, and they obviously know what they're doing.

caffn8me

OK, before I go to bed I'll post the contents of the "skin kit".

These are;

• Skin Care
    • Strobe cream
    • Fast Response Eye Cream
  • Textures
    • Matte
    • Gloss
  • Paintsticks
    • Deep Brown - Pro
    • Ivory - Pro
  • Cream Colour Base
    • Shell
    • Bronze
  • Face & Body Foundation
    • C1
    • C5
    • C9 - Pro
    • N2
    • N6
    • N12 - Pro
  • Full Coverage Foundation
    • NC15
    • NC30
    • NC55
    • C40
    • NW25
    • NW45
  • Iridescent Loose Powder
    • Silver Dusk
    • Golden Bronze
  • Mixing Medium
    • Face & Body - Pro
  • Studiofix Foundation and Powder
    • C2
    • C4
    • C7
    • N3
    • N5
    • NW45
  • Set Powder
    • Invisible - Pro
  • Blot Powder
    • Deep Dark
  • Hyper Real Pressed Powder
    • Super White FX - Pro
    • Warm Rose FX - Pro
  • Bronzing Powder
    • Matte Bronze
Pro indicates a Pro product only available from Pro stores or mail order.

sugaxbayb

Okay, i got my card but now the problem is when I sign in & want to order the kits, nothing shows up on the screen =/ I really want to order these. Anybody know what I can do?! My mom doesnt wanna use the phone =/ So I told her I would get it online.

Help..MAC briefcase

Hiya,
Is there anyone in specktra land who may own this? If so, do you find it practical? I'm trying to back away from my traincase for work as it's getting way to cumbersome to deal with not to mention it's seen better days.

Any thoughts and help are greatly appreciated!
thmbup.gif

sugaxbayb

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecutestkitti
Hiya,
Is there anyone in specktra land who may own this? If so, do you find it practical? I'm trying to back away from my traincase for work as it's getting way to cumbersome to deal with not to mention it's seen better days.

Any thoughts and help are greatly appreciated!
thmbup.gif

I got this when I ordered the MAC student kit. I havent been able to lug it around but I like it.

make_me_up

Re: Help..MAC briefcase

I as well got it with my student kit. Its actually really nice. I have since outgrown it but if you are in the industry and have to lug around tons of bags and things.... its really nice with tons of compartments and places to put everything. One side of the case has removable compartments with velcro which is really cool if you need to take something out in a hurry. If i remember correctly... two of the compartments fit about four pro pallettes perfectly which is cool cause they are secure and dont have to worry about them falling or cracking. I was thinking about getting the knapsack a while back online but i decided to see it in person and realized that my briefcase comes with an inside zip pocket with it, which is really handy that the knapsack does not come with. Also I was told by a worker that the knapsack had a lot of complaints about the straps breaking from the weight and that the briefcase is much more sturdier. All in all, if you have the cash and you have a need for it... then go for it. It is a great investment.

Latest posts