Red lipstick

mrskloo

I'm looking for a red lipstick that isn't to "out" there. I got New York Apple with B2M because on my hand it was red and kind of sheer but on my lips it looks like it's mixed with bright pink or something. Nothing what I was looking for. Any suggestions? I tried Dubonnet and I like it but it was just to, I don't know how to say it, red? Gosh I'm horrible at this stuff.

Demosthenes

I don't know if this will be too red for you, but you could try Fresh Moroccan and maybe tone it down a little with a lipgloss. Also, Shhh is a very sheer red (lustre) that works well on most skin tones. HTH

redrosary

I have that issue of reds going pink on me, too. However, Rage is a good one for me. It's a little more muted than most reds, but it's not brick-ish. It's a warmer red.

mspixieears

Try to find a colour that is orange-based, rather than blue-based. I too have that dreadful problem of red lipsticks going fuchsia on me; I can't recommend a MAC l/s off the bat, but when you do next go looking, keep that in mind. I'm keeping an eye out for Eager l/s for that reason, though have yet to see whether it's orange-based.

mrskloo

Great, I will have to try those out and look for Orange based ones.
smiles.gif

Alex

I don't know if you're only considering l/s but Russian Red is a lipglass that is a perfect true red that doesn't go pink or orange (IMHO) and would give a more sheer colour if that's what you're looking for.

I use it with Cherry lipliner when I want a "full coverage" true red lip.

You might also consider Redd (another "true" red) lipliner with a clear gloss.

leppy

Try MAC Charismatic lustre lipstick. Its sheer, orange/red, gives me a red lipgloss look without being too shiny or sticky or too strong of a red.

melozburngr

ok- So i've got the same problem with reds going pink on me... (a redhead) and I have been on a red kick lately... I enjoy Fresh Morrocan, Viva GLam I and III, and I'm trying to like Dubonnet- but like you said- its just so ... red. Kind of harsh on my fair skin... HTH!

glittergoddess27

Using the Crimson Lipmix with the prolongwear gloss over it,.. that really rocks,.. they have both a blue red (Crimson) or and orange red (true red) they are great!

monirock

another red lipstick question..

i know this has been posted before but mine's a bit more specific, i'm NW50 and i'd like a red lipstick that isn't leaning toward the brown side. i saw a lady in essence magazine wearing red lipstick that i would normally put under "cool", sorry i don't have a picture of it...but any help is appreciated, TIA.

rouquinne

i can't give you specific names of colours off the top of my head, but Chanel and Dior both have very classic colours that are blue-red.

Tessigrl

Red Lipstick

What's a good red that everyone can wear? I've seen a lot wearing Russian Red, is this like the perfect color?

martygreene

if you look in the FAQ forum, there are the top red lipsticks and top neutral lipsticks posted there. They are generally a good jumping off point to try in search of the right red.

Red is a difficult color to have a universal shade for, since the base tones make a lot of difference both in the lipstick and skintone, in how it appears.

pumpkincat210

Which red lipstick...

Forgive me if this has been posted, but I couldn't find anything during a search.
I want to take the dive into RED lipstick, but I'm not sure where to start. I'm an NC20, which shade should i try? I want to go to MAC tomorrow with some clue of which ones I want to narrow it down .

depecher

Your best bet is to try them all on at the store. I went in with a list of names to check out and none of them worked on me in the store.

Nico.

Definately try them on first, but my favorites, asides from the ones mentioned in the link given in the previous post, are Tassle (BRIGHT red, Amplified Creme, LE) and Rocker (red burgundy with a little bit of glitter, Matte). Fanplastico Lacquer (shiny pink red) can be nice, but I've decided I'm not a fan of the Lacquers in general.

They'll probably try to sell you a pencil with your new lipstick. In my opinion, Red Enriched and Brick are the best.

Latest posts