Healthy & Happy Recipes

Yummy fruit smoothie

5 medium sized strawberries
1/2 cup blueberries
1/2 cup chopped pineapple
1 cup of vanilla soymilk
1 scoop of vanilla whey protein powder

put all the ingredients in the blender and serve chilled with ice.
Enjoy!

S.S.BlackOrchid

Chicken Vegetable Soup
Ingredients

* 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
* 8 ounces chicken tenders, cut into bite-size chunks
* 1 small zucchini, finely diced
* 1 large shallot, finely chopped
* 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning blend
* 1/8 teaspoon salt
* 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
* 1 14-ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
* 1/4 cup dry white wine
* 2 tablespoons orzo, or other tiny pasta, such as farfelline
* 1 1/2 cups packed baby spinach

1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
2. Add zucchini, shallot, Italian seasoning and salt and cook, stirring often, until the vegetables are slightly softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add tomatoes, broth, wine and orzo (or other tiny pasta); increase heat to high and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until the pasta is tender, about 8 minutes, or according to package directions. Stir in spinach, the cooked chicken and any accumulated juices from the chicken; cook, stirring, until the chicken is heated through, about 2 minutes.

justalildirrtyx

got this from weight watchers! it's extremely healthy and so good..you can eat it for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!

4 large eggs
2 large egg white
1 cup fresh spinach ..i use frozen it's easier
1/4 tsp table salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
-i also put chopped onion and peppers in for flavor!

Preheat oven to 400°F.

In a large bowl, beat together eggs and egg whites; stir in spinach, onions, peppers, salt and pepper.

Coat pan with cooking spray; heat skillet over medium heat. Pour egg mixture into skillet and cook until partially set, about 5 minutes.

Sprinkle cheese over eggs. Place skillet in oven and bake until cheese softens and eggs firm up, about 5 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit for 1 minute before cutting

naturallyfab

Healthy Recipe: Oatmeal, Dark Chocolate Chip Pumpkin MuffinsMon, 10/26/2009 - 5:50am by FitSugar
21 Comments

The girls and I did a little baking this weekend and concocted a pumpkin muffin recipe that I just had to share. Using pumpkin not only gives these muffins a distinctly autumnal flavor, it keeps the muffins moist without a lot of fat. I added oatmeal for extra fiber and dark chocolate chips for a little extra zip. My daughters love them and they make for a quick but surprisingly filling breakfast — the perfect snack before heading out on a long bike ride offering five grams of protein and 4 grams of fiber. If you have a tasty dish to share, please add it to the Healthy Recipe group.
Check out the recipe when you read more.

Oatmeal Pumpkin MuffinsInspired by Carrots-n-Cake and about: Lowfat CookingIngredients
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin
3 tablespoons canola oil
one large egg
one large egg white
1/4 cup lowfat milk
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Directions

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line muffin tin with muffin cups.
2. Whisk dry ingredients and spices together in a large bowl.
3. Add pumpkin, oil, milk, and egg and egg white to a medium size bowl and mix thoroughly. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredient and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
4. Fill muffin cases evenly and bake for 18 to 25 minutes
Makes 14 muffins.

I love making a batch of these, and eating them as breakfast or snacks!

Goat Goat Etc.

Raw Food Wrap just a quick snack

2-3 Collard Leaves, thickest part of the steams cut out/off
Sprouts
Bell Pepper Slices (longways)
Carrot Slices (longways)
Dried Cranberries/cherries/blueberries/strawberries (without the fructoses (sugars))
Hummus
Pecans/Walnuts/Cashews
Toothpick

Hummus your leaves.
Toss all the rest the ingredients on top of a row of your leaves and roll top to bottom, toothpick if the roll is too bloated, lol.

Cupquake03

Here is a delicious recipe I just discovered... they are called Coconut Pikelets. These are low carb and high protein. They remind me of pancakes. I actually added berries and bananas last time I made them. One batch doesn't make a whole lot, but I doubled it last time I made them and kept them in the fridge for several days. That way I had a healthy snack when I needed one!

[h=2]Coconut pikelets (or coconut roti)[/h]

[h=3]
coconut%20piklets%20roti%20250.jpg
[/h] [h=3]You could serve these to your favourite great-aunt at afternoon tea without apology. You can also serve them with Indian curries, especially South Indian vegetable curries, as a high protein version of a roti. [/h] [h=3]The mild sweetness of the vanilla whey powder makes these really versatile, and at approximately 0 .7g of carbohydrate each you can eat as many as you like without guilt.[/h] [h=3]Ingredients[/h]
  • 2 eggs
  • 100g (1/2 cup) ricotta (I like Zany Zeus)
  • 25g (1/4 cup) vanilla flavoured whey protein powder
  • 40g (1/2 cup) desiccated coconut (unsweetened)
  • 1/2t baking powder
  • 1/8t salt
[h=3]Method[/h]
  • Place a large frying pan over medium heat.
  • Whisk together eggs and ricotta until smooth then add rest of ingredients, mixing only until well combined
  • Add 2 tsp butter to pan
  • Drop batter onto pan from the point of a tablespoon
  • When they bubble on the top and the bubbles stay broken turn them and cook other side
[h=3]Serve[/h]
  • With butter - for morning or afternoon tea
  • With cheese - a sharp cheese like aged cheddar or Wensleydale (make the pikelets small and thin)
  • With Indian curries (instead of roti or idli)

ktinagapay

Its probably not a good idea to be reading this thread 1 o clock in the morning....but i am so happy i found this thread as I am running out of ideas!!!! ill have to try one first thing tomorrow morning

carmiebell

Salsa chicken is my absolute FAVE! I put some shredded cheese on top, or maybe a little sour cream, but it's delicious and so good for you anyway! Also love fresh rosemary on top. Best herb for salsa chicken :)

marim525

Lots of great recipes here. Thanks for the info. I've found tons of good recipes on Pinterest but I'm always looking for easy/healthy recipes since I'm not much of a cook.

starraffy

[h=2]Kris Carr’s Green Juice Recipe[/h] This green juice recipe makes almost 32 ounces.
Serves 2
2 large cucumbers (peeled if not organic
Big fistful of kale
Big fistful of sweet pea sprouts
4 – 5 stalks celery
1 – 2 big broccoli stems
1 pear or green apple (optional)
1-inch piece of ginger (or less)
Other optional greens we love: romaine, parsley, spinach and dandelion.
1. Wash and prep all ingredients.
2. Juice all ingredients (i use Lifespring slow juicer)

Kathniss08

Try some apple sandwich which I love to eat during snack time. I love eating fruits during snack now because I decided to become healthier. I am very conscious about my health now because I'm in my early thirties now. Apple sandwich is very easy to make. Slice the apple and put down the core. Spread some organic peanut butter or cocoa almond spread. By the way, the apples I am eating is organic too.

Latest posts