urban decay vs mac

Shawna

I love their eyeshadows and their lipglosses. They eyeshadows are highly pigmented and last really well. Their lipglosses are just fun because they taste so good. I especially love how they name all their products. I get a good laugh out of some of them.

aziajs

I think MAC has a greater variety of products, formulas/finishes, colors, etc. but I do like UD. I have several eyeshadows that I really like from the line.

HapaDynazty

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkincat210
I love UD's Peace eyeshadow.

that looks pretty - have you tried the metal eye sheens how are those'?

MizMac

I just bought all of there deluxe shadows, they are really nice and the packaging is super cute!!

Jennifer Mcfly

I have about 6 UD eyeshadows and love them all except one. Maui Wowie, it's a beautiful color but the glitter just gets everywhere!!! But, other then that they are very pigmented and they have staying power. They don't have as big of a collection as MAC but they do have some great colors.

I don't own any of the lip stuff so I can't comment on that stuff.

isometh

I'd choose MAC over UD for eyeshadows, simply because of their texture. Although UD's new shadows are awesomely pigmented and feel nice if you can handle the bold colors
smiles.gif

mspixieears

I haven't tried very many of their e/s (UDs) but I do love the ones I have. I personally think their lip products are really nice, and definitely as good as MAC's though sometimes you get the odd gunk that is really gross and watery (most of them are gunky as the name implies).

The UD lipsticks, sadly discontinued, are to die for. Eternal mystery of life why they chose to get rid of them
ssad.gif

bellaetoile

primer potion is the best stuff ever. i couldn't live without it. its so much better than any other primer i've ever tried. the eyeshadows are decent, they have some fun colors, however i find most of them to be way too glittery for my tastes. still, for certain instances, such as going out to a party or club, they can be useful. i love how the baked bronzer looks on me, and the lip stuff is pretty decent as well.

IslandGirl77

I have Asphyixa, Lounge, and X from UD. I like them alot. They have good staying and power and they are pretty pigmented to me.

LinzBelle

UD and Mac have the same high-pigment quality. Urban Decay is just aimed toward the "edgy" consumer. Practically all their shades are highly glittered/frosted. I'm not sure about their skin care line. But everything of theirs is pretty compatable. Oh and Urban Decay owns Hard Candy. The best eyeshadow imho, is Midnight cowgirl or Sin.

Asphyxia

I own everything in Asphyxia by UD....they discontinued Asphyxia Lip Gunk which makes me sad. I loved UD way before I knew about MAC. I love them both.

Designergirl9

They are both good for different reasons for me. I have tons of UD eyeshadows and I really don't have a color I don't like. They are all beautiful and vivid. I like their lip products but I haven't had as much luck with staying power with them. The primer potion of course is wonderful.

I have some UD shadows and a ton of MAC, and honestly I prefer MAC any day! UD has some great colors, but most of them are heavy on the glitter and are a bit on the dry, crumbly side. The only UD colors I really like are Shattered, Paladium, and Pallor (the last 2 are disc.). IMO, Paladium is one of the most gorgeous shades of silvery lilac. I actually use to have Midnight Cowboy and got rid of it, because I couldn't deal with having the color's silver glitter falling onto my cheeks. Kind of messy.

petitsinge

UD e/s's have excellent color payoff but like other ppl have said some can be way too glittery and messy but some colors are MAC comparable and just as nice (i use both)

UD l/g are pretty nice too though they are a bit sticky - but they do have a nice minty flavor
smiles.gif

Latest posts