urban decay vs mac

AudreyNicole

Has anyone tried their 24/7 Eyeliner pencils? I am intested in them, but I am hoping for a high color payoff... what are your thoughts?

tracie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
Has anyone tried their 24/7 Eyeliner pencils? I am intested in them, but I am hoping for a high color payoff... what are your thoughts?

I really like the 24/7 pencils, I have covet, lust, and electric so far..and I'll probably get honey and baked whenever I get to a sephora/order online. They stay on my eyes really well, and they are pigmented, I use covet quite a bit, I actually like to use it over black track on my waterline..darkens it up a bit and stays very well.

As for other UD products, I love most of what I have. I began my love for make up (shadows..mostly) with UD and I think there are some amazing colors and they're soft and blendable. There are some that are glittery, but *ahem* I don't find them to be any worse than say..lustre shadows (idol eyes, anyone?). Favs include: ydk, sin, mildew, half baked, last call, hotpants, asphyxia.

I wasn't a big fan of the lipgunks, but I'm super picky on scented items, and the smell of SWF was just too strong for me, personally. However, I really like the xxx shine glosses..they stay well and are minty
smiles.gif

Surreal mineral makeup is okay, I haven't gotten to use it much, because up until recently (I've gotten tanner) it was way too dark.

Their blushes are also nice, kind of small though.

Masucci

I love UD shadows and own many of them. I also own many MAC shadows, and the only difference I notice is that MAC offers a much larger color palette.

XsheXscreamsX

Urban decay's DELUXE eyeshadows are wonderful. they arent sparkly, they are super smoothe and have the best color pay off! they are a little more than regualr urban decay eyeshadows, but well worth it. they are a little larger and have a mirror. I just wish they had more colors. Other than these eyeshadows, i perfer MAC. with the exception of primer potion. thats a gift from god!

holly_ho

I have quite a few UD shadows and I love them all, except for Midnight Cowboy Rides Again...it's a really nice color, but the sparkles get all over my whole face no matter how I put it on. 'X' is definitely my favorite out of them all tho, and it's the perfect summer color!

Pootle_around

I have quite a few UD shadows. Asphyxia, Shattered, Twice Baked,(well I used to have this, I've just given to another Specktrette) Midnight Cowboy, Mildew, X, Polyester Bride, Goddess, roach, and Chopper. I probably have a just a couple more Mac shadows. They are comparable. Sometimes I think that UD are slightly better. For example, I'm a hooooge fan of greens. UD Milew is stunning on Asian girls, I use it a lot. I tried MAC's Humid to see what it was like but I find there is a lot of colour fall-out. It's slgihtly harder to blend into my base colours too.
UD shadows are smoother IMHO. But Mac have better colour range.
You shoudl try UD blushers - they're beautiful. Smooth, easy to apply, and X makes me look like I have Kate-Moss cheekbones.
All in all, I'd go for UD over MAC any day, but they come very close in quality.

shriekingviolet

I think UD is great. Their nonglittery shadows are superior to most of MAC's IMO. Only MAC's Veluxe pearls and select frosts are as smooth and pigmented. Mildew is one of my favorite shadows. It's so flattering and can be used for both tamer, business friendly looks and ones more wild. I really like Sin, Roach, Lounge, Green Goddess, Shattered & Blunt. I really like their new Deluxe e/s and 24/7 pencils too. I used to loooove their lipgunks but they d/ced all but one of the colors I liked. Same with the lipsticks. I'm disappointed that they've moved away from their more pigmented lip products and towards the sheerer and shinier ones.

I'd be a much bigger UD fan though if there wasn't so much glitter. I don't mind it in theory, but I hate all the glitter fall out. Which is sad, because some of their glittery shadows are so pretty. Like Chopper.

effboysinthebut

I prefer MAC. UD just seems like you have to really pile it on to get any color pay off. I had a few and sold them to friends. I have yet to try their deluxe colors, mostly don't want to waste the money when mac is cheaper. It's a shame too, they have really nice colors.

GalleyGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by holly_ho
I have quite a few UD shadows and I love them all, except for Midnight Cowboy Rides Again...it's a really nice color, but the sparkles get all over my whole face no matter how I put it on.

Same here! And they get all over my boyfriend's face too.

BadBadGirl

How about putting on an eyeshadow base then Midnight Cowboy then sealing it with She laq. Would that work?

ShesAFoxyLady

Quote:
Originally Posted by isometh
Although UD's new shadows are awesomely pigmented and feel nice if you can handle the bold colors
smiles.gif

Great thread. This sounds like what I'm probably looking for - esp the deluxe versions (don't care for too much glitter)

benzito_714

UD is trying to seduce me and i think they are winning. i haven't seen a wide variety of UD offerings until i went to columbia mall's sephora. i think i will be taking a short hiatus from mac to try more UD.

DixieHellcat

I have a couple of UD. 1 (Urb) I hardly wear because the sparkles make me teh crazee. The other (Mary Jane) has just a little shimmer & I love it. The 24/7 e/l are very nice too.

TwiggyPop

I don't like glitter at all so now I only go for the smooth ones; vert, mildew, shattered, etc. The deluxe too, I love those, they go on like velvet!

seabird

UD e/s crease on me like mad, whereas MAC shadows don't at all. I prefer MAC, they offer a wider selection, on not just eyeshadows but everything else as well. My favourite product from UD is the heavy metal glitter liners but I'm not sure if they're doing those anymore.

aimerbijoux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer Mcfly
I have about 6 UD eyeshadows and love them all except one. Maui Wowie, it's a beautiful color but the glitter just gets everywhere!!!

YES omg I agree! Maui Wowie is really gorgeous but wow that glitter gets everywhere and does NOT brush away. Plus I have a harder time getting it packed on my lid; its usually just cakey and crumbles into a glittery mess somewhere on my cheek.

SweetClover

I only have one UD eyeshadow, Blunt, and it's so awsome!! It lasts way better than MAC. I really love it. But I have also tried Grifter, which is an awesome color, but the glitter...well, it was already said. But I think that I will still get some more UD eyeshadows even if the glitter is all over the face after a long day. The colors and the staying power are just too good to not buy it.

Latest posts