Working for Sephora

SpaJeweler

Re: Second Sephora Interview!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvluv
i got the job : )

Congratulations, too! I know how happy you feel!!!

luvluv

thanksss guys!!! immm soo excitedd = )..dream jobb duhhhh! lol..i jus wish someone wud help me out with ways to shine/not get fired in the first 3 months!?!? anyone??

dulcekitty

Re: New Job @ Sephora

Approach clients, focus on service, be honest but tactful, make complimentary recommendations and offer those consultations and Beauty Insider Cards!

luvluv

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulcekitty
Approach clients, focus on service, be honest but tactful, make complimentary recommendations and offer those consultations and Beauty Insider Cards!

thnxx for ur adviceee. but i was just wondering i see that ur a supervisor so what kinds of things should i avoiddd doing to avoid getting fired in the first 3 months!?!? i mean i know theres the obvious like late...stealing..lying..anything else??!

dulcekitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvluv
thnxx for ur adviceee. but i was just wondering i see that ur a supervisor so what kinds of things should i avoiddd doing to avoid getting fired in the first 3 months!?!? i mean i know theres the obvious like late...stealing..lying..anything else??!

Besides obviously not stealing or excessive lateness/callouts, just be sure not to hang around to much talking to coworkers or doing nothing. Approach every client, offer a basket, talk about beauty insider points, do 10 minute consultations and get them to review the store on the survey website. When it's not busy, do some tasking (filling in your AOP or surrounding gondolas, cleaning testers, sharpening pencils). Also really try not to get into drama with other workers and be professional.

ckbeauty

congrats!!! maybe since you've been through the interview process now you can share about what it was like? it would be really helpful!!
smiles.gif

luvluv

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckbeauty
congrats!!! maybe since you've been through the interview process now you can share about what it was like? it would be really helpful!!
smiles.gif

thanksss. lol. welll basically i live in toronto..so i went into my nearest location..i was handing out resumes all day and i ended up dropping off a resume in sephora..and the assistant manager came out..and invited me to a group interview that week. the store director and the assistant manager interviewed my group...and they ask u basic questions like..tell me about urself..wat do u know about sephora..availability..basic stuff..then they tell u ALOT about the company..how shifts work and wat not...then if u did good they would e-mail u within 2 weeks to let u know if u wud b invited bak for a second one-on-one interview...i got a e-mail about a week later for a one on one interview with the store director..again basiccc questions like strengths..weaknesses..wat did u find challlenging about previous jobs..what did you like etc. After thatttt...they check ur references..they will prolly ask u for two or three..i only had to give one because an old high school friend of mine who works at another location recommended me, plus i had a really good reference cuz i worked front desk/sales in a salon for 3 years ..so that helped i guess. i also wore the sephora colours to both interviews...black, grey, red, and white. smiled a lot. in the group interview i sat right infront of her..cuz u know that ur best bet is to STICK OUT in a group interview..u reallly gotta shine..cuz there were tons of groups. be confident, don't be afraid to say what u wanna say, even if u wana crack a joke..do it professionally..i did : p lol... obviously shake their hands while entering and leaving. Show that u have a true passion for beauty and that ur looking to stay and grow within the company long-term..even if ur in university (which i am). Also...a few of the co-workers there who didnt even know said they put in a good word for me cuz i looked "girly" lmao..whatever that means but i thot it was realllly sweet of them. talk to the coworkers while ur waiting for the manager to come out to get u for ur interview...show them that ur friendly and not afraid to approach. when is ur interview????

cindiaz

Does anyone know what kind of uniform or dress code they use now? and what about the makeup that you use? and my last question what is the starting wage in the store inside JCPenney? I want to apply in El Paso,TX,thank you
th_confused_new.gif

lyssa007

what is the average age of people working at sephora? i am 30 yrs old, am i too old to be there? thanx for the info

lyssa007

Career at Sephora..need infos

HI guys,

I read many threads here about Sephora. Most questions are about salaries, benefits etc....

Here my situation, I have gone tru the interviews and feel very positive about having the job however I am a bit uncertain about this career choice which is why I hope someone can help me.

I loooove that store.

I am 30 yrs old, I dont look it but..., worked in makeup for a while. I wanted to know what are the career posibilities at sephora..in the long run. Am I too old to work there? it seems the majority of people that want to work there are 18 to early 20's.

Cant you let me know the pros and cons of working for Sephora as this would help me make a decision....I feel i should go for a more secure job but cant seem to give up my cosmetic world
smiles.gif
)

Thanx for any infos u can give me girls
smiles.gif

Strawberrymold

Re: Career at Sephora..need infos

There are acually quite a few options. Outside of managment oppertunities, you can also career path to become part of the education, pro-beauty or FSC team. Of course you have to start at the store level, but with hard work there are a lot of things you can do beyond work in a store. I would bring this up in a interview or call the store director and ask questions. You will not be looked down on for this and it will be viewed as intrest and loyalty. Make sure they know you are willing to work for it and don't expect any of these things right away, but (if you are) willing to work for them. You can always ask me if you want more info on what the different positions and options are too!

As to being to old? No way. There are tons of people who are over 20-30 that work there. I suppose it depends on what store you work in, but I know a ton of people who work there and are 30+

Hope that helps!

lyssa007

Re: Career at Sephora..need infos

Thank you for your info Strawberrymold...How long can you expect once you start at the bottom, to go into better positions ?

Latest posts