Working for Sephora

MorenitaLokita

I just got hired at Sephora (my dream job). I had my first day of training two days ago but the CEO is visiting so they are going to finish training us next week. I'm so excited because I had a seasonal job at Kiehl's in the same shopping center and I met some celebrities (drake, penelope cruz, salma hayek, kerry washintong, etc) and other nice people. I'm excited to move up from a cashier into color or skin care. After I finish up this bachelor's in the winter, I'm going to finish my cosmo degree. So many possibilities, this is def my year :)

alisadoll

Hello all! I applied to Sephora over a year ago for a Senior Education Consultant position. I did the group interview where we answered questions and then did the block activity where one person memorizes a photo for 10 seconds and then directs the others who haven't seen the photo on how to assemble the blocks. Well, I didn't get the SEC position, but I did get offered a part-time position as a product consultant (it would become full-time within a month as a full-timer was leaving). I declined, but now, almost a year later, I was called again by SiJCP to interview for the SEC position again.

1. I didn't know they held onto my application for that long. Is this a good thing?
2. Are there any helpful tips you guys can give me? I have retail experience where I've trained before, but have held no actual management positions. Is that a problem?
3. What exactly in the SEC's role?

Thank you so much for your help!

sumyia

Hey everyone, I'm new here and I was wondering if any of you can give me some feedback about Sephora's hiring process and how long it usually takes. I applied online for the position of makeup adviser and got called into a group interview a few months later. The group interview consisted of five people including myself and lasted about an hour. I was called back the next day for a one on one interview, and then went on to do a demo. Everything honestly went really great and both the manager and the education director complimented me a whole lot. At the end of it all I was told that I would be contacted soon. It's been about a week and I still haven't heard from them! I'm really losing hope now, and feel like I'm drifting in a dark hole lol. How long does sephora usually take to call back after the 2nd interview and the demo? Is it too early to lose hope? Any advice or input would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!
heart.gif

kellielimk

Hey everyone, I'm new here and I was wondering if any of you can give me some feedback about Sephora's hiring process and how long it usually takes. I applied online for the position of makeup adviser and got called into a group interview a few months later. The group interview consisted of five people including myself and lasted about an hour. I was called back the next day for a one on one interview, and then went on to do a demo. Everything honestly went really great and both the manager and the education director complimented me a whole lot. At the end of it all I was told that I would be contacted soon. It's been about a week and I still haven't heard from them! I'm really losing hope now, and feel like I'm drifting in a dark hole lol. How long does sephora usually take to call back after the 2nd interview and the demo? Is it too early to lose hope? Any advice or input would be very much appreciated. Thanks! :heart:
how did you get on? I had my first interview with nars 2 days ago and am waiting to get a call back

sumyia

how did you get on? I had my first interview with nars 2 days ago and am waiting to get She started moving it around a call back
I got the job! I love it there since its in a very nice location in New York City and there's a big hotel right in front of it. I love working with all of the clients and my co workers are great! Good luck to you! Hope you get the call :)

kellielimk

I got the job! I love it there since its in a very nice location in New York City and there's a big hotel right in front of it. I love working with all of the clients and my co workers are great! Good luck to you! Hope you get the call :)
congrats!! Im still waiting. I sent her an email to see if there was any update on the job vacancies but got no reply. Im not sure weather i should have sent it so soon or not. Its not looking good for me at this stage :-(

sumyia

Don't lose hope! Sephora took a little more than a week to call back. Its good that you showed your interest. You still have a good chance!

veroneeka01

So I got a call from a manager from a Sephora inside JC Penney on September 9th, & I had a phone interview & it went pretty great so 3 days later she called me back to attend a group interview the next day, the group interview went GREAT & as I was leaving she told me she'd "see me soon" so 3 days later on a Monday she asked me to go the next day for another interview, this interview was pretty much a makeup demo & to see how well my costumer service was, during the makeup demo an actual costumer came in, it was a lady that didn't know English & I was the only one at spehora who knew Spanish so they had me help her out, I taught her how to do her eyebrows and even encouraged her to buy an Anastasia pomade for her eyebrows the next time she'd come, both the managers were really impressed and said I did great job BUUUT they didn't hire me on the spot, they told me they'd call me later that week and they haven't yet so I decided to call this past Wednesday & she said she'd call me back the next day but it's already Saturday & I haven't heard anything from them yet! What should I do? It's almost been a whole month with their process & im really losing hope! Any suggestion as of what I should do???

JillBug

So I got a call from a manager from a Sephora inside JC Penney on September 9th, & I had a phone interview & it went pretty great so 3 days later she called me back to attend a group interview the next day, the group interview went GREAT & as I was leaving she told me she'd "see me soon" so 3 days later on a Monday she asked me to go the next day for another interview, this interview was pretty much a makeup demo & to see how well my costumer service was, during the makeup demo an actual costumer came in, it was a lady that didn't know English & I was the only one at spehora who knew Spanish so they had me help her out, I taught her how to do her eyebrows and even encouraged her to buy an Anastasia pomade for her eyebrows the next time she'd come, both the managers were really impressed and said I did great job BUUUT they didn't hire me on the spot, they told me they'd call me later that week and they haven't yet so I decided to call this past Wednesday & she said she'd call me back the next day but it's already Saturday & I haven't heard anything from them yet! What should I do? It's almost been a whole month with their process & im really losing hope! Any suggestion as of what I should do???
I would call them back and ask them what is up. They said they would call you and they haven't, so you aren't out of line to call and inquire.

Latest posts