Working for Sephora

pugmommy7

YAY! so great!
and man that old stage red lipstick black glove thing sounds bizarre!
I was a "colourings consultant",an MA at The Body Shop, waaay back in 93' and they had a crazy cult like way of doing things too. I guess they all want to reinvent the wheel
winks.gif

pale blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugmommy7
YAY! so great!
and man that old stage red lipstick black glove thing sounds bizarre!
I was a "colourings consultant",an MA at The Body Shop, waaay back in 93' and they had a crazy cult like way of doing things too. I guess they all want to reinvent the wheel
winks.gif

lol I worked at the Body Shop way back when I was in high school and I remember all the political t-shirts we had to wear, I think I may still have my 'Fur is Dead' one!
lol.gif

MissCreoula

Hi,
Will you be working at the Square One Location?If so I'll come visit you (although the Yorkdale or Eaton Centre local is closer my BF lives in Mississauga. Let me know I will def be there for Grand Opening as there's always lots of freebie bags.

Sarahj31

I had alot of fun working at Sephora when I was there. However, their discount stinks. They claim that, because it's not their product, they can't really discount it. But, they don't give better discounts on their own brand so.... I just became really good friends with the Asst. Mgr. and she always gave me tons of stuff! Good luck with the job!

TrusyMyEyes

Going to Apply to Sephora

I don't need a job, but I wanted to work at a makup store or counter this summer. I also want to build my kit up some more, so I figured the best place to work would be Sephora with their wide variety of products. I could use my employee discount and have a ball.

I am an aspiring makeup artist as well and I know this will give me that extra boost of confidence, working with many different faces. Also learning how to sell myself and the product.

Have any of worked for Sephora? Any advice? And what is the discount?

And whatever else you have to say..go ahead and say it ...lol

bebs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrusyMyEyes
I don't need a job, but I wanted to work at a makup store or counter this summer. I also want to build my kit up some more, so I figured the best place to work would be Sephora with their wide variety of products. I could use my employee discount and have a ball.

I am an aspiring makeup artist as well and I know this will give me that extra boost of confidence, working with many different faces. Also learning how to sell myself and the product.

Have any of worked for Sephora? Any advice? And what is the discount?

And whatever else you have to say..go ahead and say it ...lol

I talked to a few people there.. and I couldnt get the real number for the discount but I think its like 10 though 20% off of everything

TrusyMyEyes

That is not good at all. I am going to look into some other counters as well then. Just to have options, when they all hire me I can decide where I want to go. lol I am a funny girl.

martygreene

Look through this forum- there should be a thread from a while back about this very thing.

Sephora does have very strict policies regarding your appearance- be advised. Hair must be normal colored, no facial piercings, no more than two earrings per ear, no more than three rings per hand, nails must be manicured with a natural sheer, french, or american (red might be permitted too), you must wear a reddish tone of lipstick as part of your uniform, etc.

Throwaway Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by martygreene
Look through this forum- there should be a thread from a while back about this very thing.

Sephora does have very strict policies regarding your appearance- be advised. Hair must be normal colored, no facial piercings, no more than two earrings per ear, no more than three rings per hand, nails must be manicured with a natural sheer, french, or american (red might be permitted too), you must wear a reddish tone of lipstick as part of your uniform, etc.

woah, they for sure don't do that at my Sephora.

martygreene

According to company policy, they are supposed to. Certain locations may be bending the rules, but that's what the written policy is.

TrusyMyEyes

Sounds too weird..can't be myself.

I just put in an application to Nordstroms cosmetic department. I think I want to work for any non Estee Lauder company. So like Nars or Laurier Mercier (sp)..something like that..Nars is going to be my first choice, when I go for interview.

Latest posts