Working for Sephora

jeanna

Wow! I am so excited about this! Me in Sephora is like a kid in a candy store
smiles.gif
Anyway, the first interview is a group interview. Have any of you ever interviewed with Sephora before? I would like to be as prepared as I can for this, because I really really want this job, so any insight you can give me would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Edit: Oops - I thought I was posting this in the General Makeup Discussion forum. I guess I was too excited and clicked the wrong thing. Mods, can you please move to the appropriate forum? Sorry... and thank you
smiles.gif

jennylopez1010

i have....i worked there for about 3 months.....um..it was a group interview then if they liked you that same day you stay for an individual interview and then they called like in a week. its basically your standard interview questions but they liked hearing about teamwork and patience. =)

jeanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juneplum
moved it 4 ya doll
greengrin.gif

thank you! and whoa... where have you been?? we've missed you around here!
smiles.gif

jeanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennylopez1010
i have....i worked there for about 3 months.....um..it was a group interview then if they liked you that same day you stay for an individual interview and then they called like in a week. its basically your standard interview questions but they liked hearing about teamwork and patience. =)

Great...thanks! This helps
smiles.gif

user3

Jeanna can I just add that the m/u you have on in your avatar would be perfect for the interview! Hot stuff!

Best of luck to you!

jeanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Nessa
Jeanna can I just add that the m/u you have on in your avatar would be perfect for the interview! Hot stuff!

Best of luck to you!

Thanks! I was thinking of doing that actually... sticking with neutrals and concentrating on making the skin as flawless and glowy as possible! Polished is what I'm aiming for.

If I can, I was thinking of maybe re-creating the Stila "Sweet Thing" look:

C8685_main.jpg

or the Cover Story look from their spring catalogue:

C13090_main.jpg

pale blue

I worked at Sephora for awhile as an MA awhile back, but I never had a group interview...I just interviewed with the Asst. Manager and the Store Manager...but they also called them Asst. Director and Director, and the store was "the stage". It was sort of odd. This was also when you HAD to wear a bright red lipstick to work everyday, and you had to wear one black glove. The Michael Jackson glove jokes were plentiful lol... Of course it's not like that now.

Good luck with the interview jeanna, I'm sure you'll do great
smiles.gif

user3

Jeanna I like the Stila Sweet Think look.

I think the 2nd look would be better once you have the job.

Shawna

I want to write some nasty things because I'm so jealous!!! Congrats Jeanna, you totally deserve that job, and if I ever get to Toronto, I'll insist on buying everything from you
smiles.gif

Latest posts