Kevyn Aucoin Cosmetics

Alysse011

Has anyone used the Celestial Bronzing Veil in Tropical Nights? Can you compare it to other bronzers? I am looking for the most realistic look possible but not totally matte. Thanks!

dash4

I bought his Sculpting powder online and was STUNNED when I opened the box and realized it was only 3 grams/.11 oz. It is simply stunning though. But I definitely won't be repurchasing it. Thing is I accidentally ordered three of them and got too lazy to send them back, so I might be selling the other two..

With that said, Aucoin came out with a new sculpting/highlighting CREAM creamy glow duo, which again is quite small -- however it is a fraction of the price of the solo powder The sculpting powder is $44 and the sculpting/highlighting cream is only $28. beautydotcom is about to have a 20% off sale, so I am thinking about picking it up, because it will only be $22.40 after the discount.. plus I will get accumulate drugstore dollars for my purchase..

The creamy glow duo candlelight/sculpting duo has .16oz/4.5g of product.

dash4

Here is a picture of it... (they should have made the bronzer the large part, not vice versa).. UPDATE: I purchased it..When I get it - I will show swatches. The beautyDOTcom 20% sale is active now ( 5/12/14 )..

dash4

It's pretty !
Yup and I saw a blogger who reviewed it and said it is really pretty.. the highlight isn't shimmery - just gives a sheen. It is too tempting. I am almost 100% set on buying it..

I really like Kevyn Aucoin products. If they would just get their product size more reasonable -- it would be nice. I don't mind paying more, but at least give a reasonable amount of product. I mean - I have a deluxe sample of Too Faced Chocolate Soleil that is .14 oz / 3.96 grams.. so the deluxe sample of Chocolate Soleil has more product than Kevyn Aucoin's "full size" $44 bronzer.. really?

niccig

I really like Kevyn Aucoin products. If they would just get their product size more reasonable -- it would be nice. I don't mind paying more, but at least give a reasonable amount of product. I mean - I have a deluxe sample of Too Faced Chocolate Soleil that is .14 oz / 3.96 grams.. so the deluxe sample of Chocolate Soleil has more product than Kevyn Aucoin's "full size" $44 bronzer.. really?
I'm really peeved about the new Sculpting Powder packaging - they raised the price AND cut the amount of product in half? I understand that production costs increase, inflation, whatever whatver but that's still pretty drastic.

dash4

I'm really peeved about the new Sculpting Powder packaging - they raised the price AND cut the amount of product in half? I understand that production costs increase, inflation, whatever whatver but that's still pretty drastic.
I am annoyed too. The amount of product VS the price - is outrageous..

It makes it one of the most expensive bronzers out there. I will end up using it up in a few months (or less).

I wore it today though and it is pretty.. but I can not justify spending $44 for a bronzer which has less product than the deluxe mini of a Chocolate Soleil bronzer.. that is absurd..

BreeMakeupGeek

I bought his Sculpting powder online and was STUNNED when I opened the box and realized it was only 3 grams/.11 oz.  It is simply stunning though.  But I definitely won't be repurchasing it.  Thing is I accidentally ordered three of them and got too lazy to send them back, so I might be selling the other two.. With that said, Aucoin came out with a new sculpting/highlighting  CREAM creamy glow duo, which again is quite small -- however it is a fraction of the price of the solo powder    The sculpting powder is $44 and the sculpting/highlighting cream is only $28.   beautydotcom is about to have a 20% off sale, so I am thinking about picking it up, because it will only be $22.40 after the discount.. plus I will get accumulate drugstore dollars for my purchase.. The creamy glow duo candlelight/sculpting duo has .16oz/4.5g of product.
OMFG the creamy glow duo is TINY that makes no sense!! It's not worth $22.40. This should be $10-$15, MAX. I have it & still haven't found a brush I can use to sculpt, what's the point, pfff I'm pissed & it's not practical *rant over*

dash4

OMFG the creamy glow duo is TINY that makes no sense!! It's not worth $22.40. This should be $10-$15, MAX. I have it & still haven't found a brush I can use to sculpt, what's the point, pfff I'm pissed & it's not practical *rant over*
The bronzer portion is worthless. It is like the size of a (short) fingernail. Mos sample sizes are bigger than that.. You can't even dip a brush in it - it is too small. I bet you can only get 10-15 uses out of it.

I do like the highlighter though. And I use a small amount, so I don't think I will go through it too fast. At least it is more reasonably priced than the sculpting powder, so I am not too disappointed in the purchase, because I am enjoying the cream highlighter..

I am more pissed off about the sculpting powder medium product than anything. It is the size of an eyeshadow.. literally. It is sad because I really like it, but I will not be repurchasing. It is one of the most expensive bronzing products ( per oz / per gram ) on the market. Is it nice? Yes.. And if it was the normal size of a bronzing product - I'd have no issue paying $44, but for .11 oz.. they can suck it..

BreeMakeupGeek

The bronzer portion is worthless.  It is like the size of a (short) fingernail.  Mos sample sizes are bigger than that..  You can't even dip a brush in it - it is too small.  I bet you can only get 10-15 uses out of it.   I do like the highlighter though.  And I use a small amount, so I don't think I will go through it too fast.   At least it is more reasonably priced than the sculpting powder, so I am not too disappointed in the purchase, because I am enjoying the cream highlighter.. I am more pissed off about the sculpting powder medium product than anything.  It is the size of an eyeshadow.. literally.  It is sad because I really like it, but I will not be repurchasing.  It is one of the most expensive bronzing products ( per oz / per gram ) on the market.  Is it nice? Yes.. And if it was the normal size of a bronzing product - I'd have no issue paying $44, but for .11 oz.. they can suck it..
I placed an order for the Candlelight powder & liquid beauty.com had a 20%. KA cosmetics I really like, but the prices are not right for the amount of product you get,the Candlelight liquid is 1oz.

dash4

I placed an order for the Candlelight powder & liquid beauty.com had a 20%. KA cosmetics I really like, but the prices are not right for the amount of product you get,the Candlelight liquid is 1oz.
I agree. It is outrageous.. which is frustrating because I love the products and the brand, but they're just too greedy!!

Jumping Mice

For anyone still lurking this thread, Kevyn Aucoin went on Hautelook this morning. For some reason I can't upload the screen shots I took since you can't see what's on sale unless you have an account. I'm a little tempted by the eyeshadow duo in #201 but I have too many shades of purple and gunmetal, I really don't need more. I've been eyeing some Burberry eyeshadows anyway so I think I'll take a pass this time. Gotta have priorities!

ryan-eh

Maybe no one uses this thread anymore, BUT just in case: have any of you tried either the eye pigment primatif from this brand? I like the look of it but have only found one (very positive!) review.

Medgal07

Maybe no one uses this thread anymore, BUT just in case: have any of you tried either the eye pigment primatif from this brand? I like the look of it but have only found one (very positive!) review.
Sorry, but I haven't. I've only purchased one KA item, one of the new highlighters recently.

NYCBeautyJunkie

Maybe no one uses this thread anymore, BUT just in case: have any of you tried either the eye pigment primatif from this brand?  I like the look of it but have only found one (very positive!) review.
I have one in the color Titian; LOVE it. Gorgeous color.

ryan-eh

I have one in the color Titian; LOVE it. Gorgeous color.
That's the one I was looking at! Definitely trying it now. Thanks! What do you use to apply? Just fingers? I usually go for that in similar-seeming products (chanel, armani), but sometimes I use a cream shadow brush.

NYCBeautyJunkie

That's the one I was looking at!  Definitely trying it now.  Thanks!  What do you use to apply?  Just fingers?  I usually go for that in similar-seeming products (chanel, armani), but sometimes I use a cream shadow brush.
It's much creamier and more mousse-like than the Chanel and Armani so I prefer my fingers for application.

Latest posts