Flat Iron Recommendations/Questions - post all here

angied

Re: Whats the BEST straightenr ?

I am a hairstylist and I have to go with pretty much any of the above. And believe it or not I just got one of the instylers from tv and it works wonderful! It can curl or straighten and it leaves my hair shiney as can be!!! And I have very naturally curly hair. If you go to instyler.com you can check it out.

xsnowwhite

I love my SEDU flatiron. You can straighten, curl and crimp easilly with it. Also my hair has minimal damage from it and I use it daily.

chiquilla_loca

my hair is normally straight and is just there, lol, it's long, goes past my shoulders, and i recently got a demo done at my local mall with a Herstyler Wet & Dry flat iron and I was amazed, first of all at the price! ($200) and 2nd of all, because it left my hair silky smooth & glossy! like if I just had it done at a salon. I never imagined that a person with straight hair would benefit from a straightener.
i bought my on ebay for $60, yay!
hope this helps!

2sweet

Re: Flat Iron Recommendations

I have a GHD and it's awesome. I have long hair that is naturally straight but because of all the highlights, my hair has some texture so it's no longer super straight when it dries naturally but rather with a slight wave. I can flat iron all of my hair in 15-20 minutes maximum. My mom has shorter hair and she loves it too.

aLove4MakeUp

I have a "Paul Mitchell Pro Tools express ionstyle" flat iron.... it's a 1" ceramic with adjustable heating up to 400 degrees. It has two thin strips of silicone on one plate that help smooth out the hair and also add shine. It literally heats up in a minute. It really works great on me (i have naturally CURLY hair). The only downside of it is the outside does get hot, but nothing extreme. Retail price is high, saw it on Folica website for $175. A friend of mine who's a professional hair dresser n updates me on all the great hair tools out there got it for me for only $120. I love her.

MAC_addiction<3

HerStyler straightening irons

I'm from the UK and had never heard of these until i got stopped in a shopping center at the weekend and the woman tried the straightners on my friends hair (they are meant to cause no damage to the hair etc) and the piece of hair the woman straightnened was so soft. My hair is so dry and straw like atm i'll do anything to get it deeling soft and shiny again. I was just wondering if it was definetly the straightners that do this as my friends hair is pretty soft anyway. I think theyve been selling them in the US for a while ?? but this is the first i've heard of them in the UK so anyone got/used them? what do you think of them? TIA x x

Jewelz913

Re: HerStyler straightening irons

Ughh I hate those people in the little kiosks at the mall. They have the worst flatirons, plus they're not even licensed to touch your hair. Sure some of the irons may seem to work when they show ya, but you are setting your hair up in the long run. They will damage them harshly. I'm a hair stylist and the only iron I use is the GHD. Similar to CHI and FHI but the technology is 10 times better!!! They are expensive but that will last you forever!! CHI's are good too, but they aren't manufactured well. The life span on those are about 5 years, if ur lucky. The cords are the first to bust on those. So with that said, a lot of those flatirons you see will work but will keep damaging your hair. Invest in a good styling tool and you'll be a lot happier!

Hope this helped:)

makeupjunkie08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewelz913
Ughh I hate those people in the little kiosks at the mall. They have the worst flatirons, plus they're not even licensed to touch your hair. Sure some of the irons may seem to work when they show ya, but you are setting your hair up in the long run. They will damage them harshly. I'm a hair stylist and the only iron I use is the GHD. Similar to CHI and FHI but the technology is 10 times better!!! They are expensive but that will last you forever!! CHI's are good too, but they aren't manufactured well. The life span on those are about 5 years, if ur lucky. The cords are the first to bust on those. So with that said, a lot of those flatirons you see will work but will keep damaging your hair. Invest in a good styling tool and you'll be a lot happier!

Hope this helped:)

I totally agree, get a GHD! They are slightly expensive but it will last you forever and they are totally worth it.

MAC_addiction<3

i already have GHDs lol have been using them for around 5 years now, i was just curious about the others because they made the hair so soft and my ghds don't do that x

billy_cakes

As a hairdresser, i do recomend GHDs to all my clients. However Im against the glossy purple/white/black/pink limited edition ones that they bring out because they gloss coating a) wears off and b) doesnt work as well as the normal ones.

nursee81

Has anyone heard of the Royale USA flatiron. They have a booth in my mall and they were trying to persuade me to buy one for $150. I have no problem paying for a good hair tool. But I have never heard of them and I am in need of a flat iron mine is on the fritz. I have thick straight hair so I am looking for one to get my hair flat and curl it also.

enigma

Definately GHD. I've tried quite few and GHD have been the best so far.
smiles.gif

My hair is quite frizzy and curls easily when it rains and with these I have no more problems keeping my hair straight.

Lollie

I have to say that I love my CHI iron! I bought it from ebay because I don't think those irons are sold in Belgium and they're very expensive in the Netherlands (about €180). I have it since January last year and I'm very impressed! I have wavy, thick, dry, damaged, dyed hair and my CHI makes it soft, shiny, straight (duh) and it looks thinner. If it would ever break, I would certainly buy a new one!

newtomakeup

definetely GHD. I have a thick, wavy, fizzy hair and it seriously make my hair straight..

bebexp

Chi is the way to go if your not on a budget, depends on the iorn, some have temp settings and some dont BUT the results from the chi are great! but if you want to save some money there's the babyliss brand!

Sunnylee

What's the best straightener?

I have had the cheap ones like revlon and the more expensive ones like CHI & SEDU but I feel like they all have their flaws. My hair stylist uses a Hana flat iron and that was pretty sweet but I haven't seen any reviews.

Any suggestions?!

pdtb050606

Re: What's the best straightener?

I'm also looking for a new straightner..I have a CHI but it just doesn't do it for me anymore. A couple weeks back I bought a T3 from Ulta and hated it! It was awful and I had to return it. I will be looking forward to the responses too
smiles.gif

Latest posts