Flat Iron Recommendations/Questions - post all here

mistella

I love my SOLIA. It's $88 on Folica so it qualifies for free shipping. http://www.folica.com/Solia_Tourmalin_d1558.html <--there's over 2000+ customer reviews for this product and it got 4 1/2 stars, check out the reviews. It heats up in less than 20 seconds and makes my hair super smooth. A new cute pink one just came out!!

5925-A8565.jpg

butterflydream

Re: Advice on flat irons, please!!!

IMO, Chi is the best. if you are on a budget the jade irons are good too. Sally carries one and I think it's about $70. if you must use a ceramic one, use a good straightener like silk strate from biosilk. It helps keep hair shiny and from getting fried. This works pretty well for me and my hair is super curly.

Dizzy

I use Paul Mitchell's "The Smoothing Iron" and I love it. I've tried CHI before- it was nice if all you want to do with it is straighten your hair, it's perfect for that. But I didn't like that it didn't have a heat setting, and taht it wasn't a "swivel" cord. Paul Mitchell's has both of those, which makes it easier to curl my hair with it and straighten it without damaging my hair from too much heat.

Make sure that your iron is completely ceramic though, not just ceramic coated like Hot Tools/Wigo flat irons- the ceramic rubs off after a while, then you're just putting hot metal on your hair.

elektra513

I vote for Solia, too
clap.gif

But if you want to save 30-40 bucks, IMO any of the newer Jilbere models are comparable to the hi-tech expensive irons.

I like my Solia better just b/c of the technology of the plates. Folica.com is a great site to do your research.

Good luck.

xiahe

lol i just use revlon's straightener. i really like it!

SingFrAbsoltion

The first one I ever had was a Solia and it was amazing. Then I got a Sedu but I don't like it as much.

MAC_BABE

I've been selling ceramic hair irons for 3 years now and I can deffinately say I love my her styler. You can find them at your malls and even bargain them for as low as 80 bucks. We sell them for 120 but we go lower sometimes. They also have really cute and fun colors.

cs_all_med.jpg

I've straightened EVERY SINGLE type of hair you can imagine and this works PERFECT for everyone. I promise.

TIERAsta

i'm saving up to get a corioliss ceramic straightener (comes in pink & black, 1" and 1 1/2"). i saw it & tried it at one of the kiosks at the mall & it worked great... glad i got to try it before i shell out $$$ for it (almost $200 i think, i heard it was more than chi). i'll have to check out folica though, see if there are any deals on this brand.

Dreamergirl3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_BABE
I've been selling ceramic hair irons for 3 years now and I can deffinately say I love my her styler. You can find them at your malls and even bargain them for as low as 80 bucks. We sell them for 120 but we go lower sometimes. They also have really cute and fun colors.

cs_all_med.jpg

I've straightened EVERY SINGLE type of hair you can imagine and this works PERFECT for everyone. I promise.

I have the purple on and it's really grown on me. Very durable, and it outlasted my HAI which ended up breaking after 2 years
ssad.gif

Rushch6

Quote:
Originally Posted by calliestar
So I am in DIRE need of a new straightening iron...mine is old and rather ineffective. it also pulls slightly. I recently tried out a chi straightener and I thought it was awesome, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to shell out that much for a straightener. Does anyone know of any cheaper brands that compare at all? I definately want a ceramic one. Would buying a Chi off of ebay be the best choice, or are there other (cheaper) brands that compare? If anyone has any advice, I'd LOVE to hear it!

I bought my CHI of Ebay brand new. It's a 2 inch and it was $90.00, you just have to find which ones the best deal.

thelilprincess

i
heart.gif
my 1 inch CHI flat iron. i got it off ebay about 2 years ago for ~$80 and it was so worth it. my hairdresser uses this one on me - she's so good, that even though she moved to Florida, i book an appt with here when she comes back to CA every 3 months. she even taught me how to use the CHI to make slight waves in my hair.

back to the flat iron, even at the Ulta stores, the people recommend the original CHI instead of the CHI Turbo (it has like red felt on the outside of the tool)

i used a j'ilberre one that cost me $40 and after a year or so, it started to make this burning smell as i flat ironed my hair (and it never made my hair as silky smooth as the CHI does). i called the CS to also point our the ceramic looked like it was coming off - the CS rep told me that it's only ceramic plated - not ceramic throughout. no wonder the darn thind was scorching my hair. so you see.....if i had to replace this one, what a waste of $40.

i say invest in a really good flat iron (hold onto the receipt just in case b/c there's usually a 1 yr warrenty). but if you buy off ebay (i took the risk and did) make sure the seller has good feedback.

i've been told HAI are good, too, but i've never tried it. I asked about WIGO, but have been told to stick with the CHI.

girloflowers

i would sell um... ALL of my makeup for a GHD. honest to god.
They're the most awesome things in creation, my current straightener is crap, my hair goes curly again within like, 2 hours. le sigh.

lara

GHD all the way.

Do they have GHDs in the US? Every person in this thread who is raving about the GHD irons are from the Commonwealth
lol.gif

Essjica

My vote goes for the Sedu. I used to have a J'ibere and it was okay... but nothing compared to my Sedu. I gave my J'ibere to my friend with wavy hair and it works good for her. It really depends on what type of hair you have on how much you should spend on a straightener. The curlier your hair, the more you should spend. And I have extremely curly hair and the Sedu is the only thing that works for me. The Chi didn't even work for me. But I've never heard of a GHD and since I've heard so many raves about it, I'm curious and I want to look it up.

TIERAsta

i use CARIOLISS. it comes in pink/black and 1" and 1 1/2" it is a bit pricey, i was lucky to get mine during the holiday season at a kiosk at my local mall. but i've seen them on www.folica.com it works great. i can even let my hair air dry, and it works just the same. and i can even use it similar to a curling iron to make cute ringlets and waves. definitely worth it!!

Latest posts