Eczema Sufferers

Goat Goat Etc.

Oh and no one mentioned bleach baths! A soak in the tub with a little bleach can kill the staph associated with some eczemas.

Goat Goat Etc.

I'm going to continue this thread and add one more thing. My eczema came back after a very bad stint of mosquitoes and stress from job woes over the summer. I bought something on a whim for my hair and it actually ended my eczema when I used it on my body almost immediately. What was it?

Freaking Unrefined Shea Butter!
It is miraculous! It's better than my Sebamed lotion. The brand I'm using is called Kuza in the "creamy" formulation and the butter is bright yellow. I found it at my local HEB grocery for $3.99 in the black hair care section. It is a multi-use product and can be used on hair, nails, and the skin. It absorbs so well and is not greasy!

I had a post-scratch attack, dried up weepy patch of eczema on my back of my calves again and just on a whim applied a good helping of the shea to those areas. The day after next I noticed my eczema was GONE! I have had flare ups on the tops of my feet recently and applied it to them as well and the eczema was knocked out the next day.

**Sidenote about Yellow and Off-White Shea: Shea can be natural and still be yellow. I have bought shea before from coastalscents years ago and was under the impression shea could only be off-white. Turns out yellow butter is the result of another Shea nut grown in West Africa. I thought maybe I might have gotten a fake batch or a batch with artificial preservatives or parabens. I was glad to learn this was actually real! It has the same unique, nutty scent and smooth paste-like texture with no grit. So it all checked out to be very real!

style-addict

Quote:Originally Posted by Goat Goat Etc.

Me too!

Sephora carries the yu-be cream. I believe they make a cream and it also comes in a lip-balm. Before you buy the full size, ask for a sample! They gave me a small tube that lasted for a good 2 months (granted, I only use it on really dry patches on my face/body, but a little goes a long way!)

Goat Goat Etc.

Hey everyone! Let me give a shoutout to Cerave moisturizing cream! It's been a favorite of mine for a while now, it's even replaced my Shea Butter!

Lin1018

I cured my eczema by taking 1 Evening Primrose oil tablet every morning & evening. Check with your doc 1st I also ate a lot of salmon & rainbow trout (we owned a fish farm at that time), took around 9 months but haven't suffered since 1996.

sassyinpink

New User
omg, read through this whole thread, bring back so many memories.
i suffered from eczema since young, and thankfully, after my teens, it reduced a lot in magnitude.
it did flare up now and then but i have an aunt who recommended blogger's benefits from crocodile oil for eczema skincare.
crazy right? i ordered 1 from amazon anyway (not from that website because the delivery time was too long for me)
and... my skin does feel better, but the smell.. omg, the crocodile oil is so stinky!
i learnt to apply only at night, so that i don't have to go out with that smell... lol

Latest posts