Post your single favorite MAC eyeshadow for everyday wear!

pinkcrush

Embark! I use it for eyebrows, crease work, blending out black shadow, and even for a deep snatched contour... Anything multi-use like Embark is a HG for me

sagehen

Embark! I use it for eyebrows, crease work, blending out black shadow, and even for a deep snatched contour... Anything multi-use like Embark is a HG for me
Thank you for putting this out there! I have long used Embark for this purpose, as have many WOC. I never understood why people are jumping on these contour palettes when there are / have been products that perform that purpose already. I would not be able to use at least 50% of most contour palettes so I have always used products like this one. There are several MAC e/s that make nice highlights too. OK, all that to say, :agree:

Medgal07

OK, all that to say,
iagree.gif
Absolutely!!!! Embark is a daily go-to for me too!!!!

pinkcrush

Thank you for putting this out there! I have long used Embark for this purpose, as have many WOC. I never understood why people are jumping on these contour palettes when there are / have been products that perform that purpose already. I would not be able to use at least 50% of most contour palettes so I have always used products like this one. There are several MAC e/s that make nice highlights too. OK, all that to say, :agree:
I like to use Embark to contour and Blunt to blend it out for a dramatic look... It's true most of the contour kits I've seen are rather warm or lack the depth necessary for certain WOC to achieve that dramatic sculpted look... I have the BH Cosmetics Contour and Blush kit and it's pretty good on my NW43/NC50 skin but I still find myself reaching for Embark

sagehen

I like to use Embark to contour and Blunt to blend it out for a dramatic look... It's true most of the contour kits I've seen are rather warm or lack the depth necessary for certain WOC to achieve that dramatic sculpted look... I have the BH Cosmetics Contour and Blush kit and it's pretty good on my NW43/NC50 skin but I still find myself reaching for Embark
Ooh, I was wondering about this product in the bold. Now I see we are about the same shade so I may have to check it out. Those pans look so big.

pinkcrush

Ooh, I was wondering about this product in the bold. Now I see we are about the same shade so I may have to check it out. Those pans look so big.
It's hard to pick just one, but Saddle is pretty much my current jam. :love:
It's definitely worth the money... I paid 12.99 plus tax for mine at Urban Outfitters but I've seen them even cheaper online... With this kit ull be able to get a nice blushed look with a snatched contour and matte highlight which makes a good foundation for shimmery/metallic products if u want that drama IMO

Jest and Smut

Smut! I use it everyday to fade out and soften my black eyeliner. If I'm allowed Painterly paintpot, I'll use that to even out my eyelid tone and set it with with MSFN.

Erica53094

Shroom it is the perfect highlight color. Not too shimmery which I love.

Also Vex. I wear it almost every day with club, naked lunch or patina. Just love it!

leonah

can't just say one! but basically warm earthy tones are my go to's like saddle, brown script, texture, rule, red brick, embark, soft brown, bamboo, malt, haux, kid etc.. it's so many more lol

bluelitzer

So hard to put just one! I'd say Indianwood paint pot because it's good for both lid and crease color.
If it's powder eyeshadow it's butterscotch. so natural!

verorl

Too many to name, but if I had to choose just one, it would be Shroom... Looks so pretty, even as a single eye shadow look. I use it as highlighter as well.

Erica53094

Also just bought blanc type for the first time. Omg. It is amazing. Creamy and super blendable. Use every day now. Just ups your eyeshadow game!

drien227

Ninety percent of the time I bother with eyeshadow—it's Brule or Naked Lunch.

Last edited:

Erica53094

I'd add Naked Lunch. Everyone raves about All that Glitters but it is cakey on me. I prefer Naked Lunch as an everyday lid shade. Cannot be without it!

LadyBug13

I started collecting MAC shadows in December 2016 (bought 12 myself and received 8 as gifts). So far, Saddle has been included in most of my eye looks. It's a great transition shade. For a lid shade, it would be a tie between All That Glitters or Woodwinked.

Latest posts