Inglot Cosmetics - European/Polish brand

mae13

So an Inglot stand-alone store just opened in my local mall (Fairview in the West island of Montreal) and I went in to have a look. It was crazy busy, so i didn't have a chance to test too much, but I did have a general look-around.

The packaging and presentation is VERY similar to MAC - black, sleek, with tester units for everything. It also looks like they have more stuff that MAC has (definately more nail polish), with a broad range of both neutrals and vibrant colors. I was really pretty impressed by the color selection.

They also have a palette for 16 pans - when you first purchase it is about 85$, and you can refill the pans for 4.50$ or so (the eyeshadow pots are about 14$, and both pans/pots are twice the size of MAC.) All CAD pricing. Generally speaking, it's about 10 to 30% cheaper than MAC.

I didn't have a chance to test anything extensively, and since this is an entirely new line on this side of the ocean, I'm wondering if any European folks have had a chance to test this stuff out. I know it's originally from Poland, so I'm not sure what sort of distribution they have in the EU, but any input would be welcome.

mae13

Well, I sucked it up and decided to buy that 85$ palette. It's a bit of a bite in the wallet at first, since they don't give you the option of buying just the palette (which is 12$) and then adding pans over time. However, you can buy refill pans for 4.50, so I guess it works out. Still, I hope they change this policy.

Anyway...I'm pretty happy with my selection, I got a lot of neutrals and a good selection of plums/purples.

I think I'm going to go back for some lip glosses. I sniffed all the lip products and they all smell delicious. Not cloying candy, just freshly sweet and nice.

I also found another link, this one is the official NA one, though I think they're still working on it. At least you have an idea of what the store and selection looks like.

http://www.inglotcanada.com/

mae13

I sampled some of the nail polish and this is some darm sturdy polish, let me tell you. I work in a bookstore, so my nails and hands get the worst sort of abuse, but with just one coat I'm a week in without chips. The colors are really incredible too, such a range. They're a little steep at 10$ CAD, but I think I'm willing to spring for one or two every month or so.

GreekChick

Inglot

These stores are opening everywhere..and I swear I feel like I am walking into MAC everytime.....They even have a picture of an eyeshadow at the bottom of their window that reads (no joke ) "AMC"
The whole design is arranged like at MAC's with black, very minimal packaging...The "artists" too are are suppose to dress in black like at MAC....This store started out in Polland I think, and is now spreading EVERYWHERE in North America....You can sure bet the people at MAC are pissed....Its a total copy of every concept MAC has ever thought of...I'm not sure if people are buying into it but it's annoying to see what an "inyourface" copy of MAC this new "professional" makeup brand is...

PigmentJunkie

I found a Canadian website for them...

inglotcanada.com

Hmmm.
hmm.gif

jessiekins1

even though the site says it'll be in metrotown by december, it's already there. :confused: i've seen it. i just walked by it and didn't go in. it was.......creepy.
rofl.gif

Simply Elegant

I haven't had a chance to actually be in the store but I've passed by it and it looks exactly like MAC products. They're basically using MAC's edge, like the bright colours, and trying to play that up. I'm not sure if it'll work because there are two MACs nearby anyway and it is a bit more expensive than MAC.

diesel

Actually if you get a palette, the eyeshadows are $5, blushes $10, etc. I don't think you can claim that MAC has rights over bright colours... there are plenty of other companies that also use bright colours such as MUFE. The quality is not as high as MAC, but I don't see anything inherently wrong with the company. In fact they have many more interesting colours than MAC, some neat duotones.

Simply Elegant

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel
Actually if you get a palette, the eyeshadows are $5, blushes $10, etc. I don't think you can claim that MAC has rights over bright colours... there are plenty of other companies that also use bright colours such as MUFE. The quality is not as high as MAC, but I don't see anything inherently wrong with the company. In fact they have many more interesting colours than MAC, some neat duotones.

I know MAC doesn't have any rights over bright colours and such, but it's kind of like something that makes them stand out from some other brands.

I saw some prices for a few products and they were pricier. I can't remember what it was now.

SonicYouth

There's one here in Montreal. I've been there once, and got out as quickly. It kinda feels cheap (in the bad way) to me.They have lots of e/s colors, but not as pigmented as MACs.. And even tho they are copying MAC, they don't have as much as products neither (ie. no creams, no brushes, etc..). And let's not talk about the girls who work there... The one who talked to me didn't know a thing about makeup ^^ haha.

you.nique

Re: Inglot cosmetics - Euro/Polish line new to NA?

hi there girlies
smiles.gif

i'm so glad to hear that you have a pro-16 pallette! i work for INGLOT and so far canada has been so awsome with the arrival our company. it's a very competitive industry, but we are quickly gaining new clients from all across canada! we have been in NA for about 10 months now, and have about 9 stores across the country. we also just opened our doors to the UK and australia. the company itself though has been in poland for 26 years! if you have any questions about INGLOT or our products please feel free to ask
smiles.gif

redambition

my aunt raves about Inglot polishes - and that is coming all the way from Poland! I also remember seeing some in my mothers collection ages ago.

you.nique - where in Australia are there Inglot stores? I am sure my mother would love to be able to get her hands on Inglot stuff over here! edit: i've found the australian website - www.inglot.com.au... the store is in castle hill)

mae13

The polishes really are very good, and the color selection is crazy huge.

Latest posts