Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 Last

Foundations With Yellow Undertones

Besides Mac what other brands make foundations with yellow based undertones are out there? Mac turns my skin orangey or makes my skin look dirty.
    98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% that hasn't, put this in your signature.

You might want to try Make Up For Ever's foundations.
    NC15, light brown hair, blue eyes
    NC25 in summer

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bootyliciousx
    Besides Mac what other brands make foundations with yellow based undertones are out there? Mac turns my skin orangey or makes my skin look dirty.

Hey there!
    If you are warm or yellow toned and the NCs turn orangy or yellow on you then give the NWs a try. This is the *same exact* issue I had and I am now using NW40 and my skin looks just right and even-toned, which is what a foundation is supposed to do. It did NOT turn orange either!!!
    MAC is like crack.
    MAC Artist, NW43

makeup forever face and body foundation is nice and i have heard nothing but good things about Becca's foundation.

I believe that Bobbi Brown and Shiseido make yellow based foundations. Probably IMAN too.

Vasanti cosmetics also makes foundation for yellow skintones.

I haven't actually tried the foundation as yet. I think MUA might have some reviews.

Check out www.vasanticosmetics.com

Its a Canadian company which ships online orders. I believe there is also a list of which stores carry their products (also has a couple of free-standing stores).

Hope this helps.

I'm Asian with yellow undertones and Nars foundation has been the best for me so far.

Lancome fndn also has yellow undertones..... fndn has been hard for me....... most other fndn look pink or orange on my skin...... excpet MAC

When Loreal came out with HIP line I remember hearing alot of the ladies who tried it say that they were very yellow...so maybe you could check them out. I haven't tried them but I remember hearing mostly that they had alot of yellow undertones in the foundations.

Good Luck!

I was perusing Tia Williams (http://www.shakeyourbeauty.com ) blog the other say and she made an entry about Sam Fine and Black Opal's stick foundations. Turns out that they're his favorite and they're only $8.95 The only downside is that they're hard to find in stores. The search feature on the Black Opal sucks but you could always order a few online. 10 (or 11) shades are available so I'm going to order a few and test em' out if I can't find them over here. Check out the reviews on MUA and this site: http://www.allurebeautysupply.com/BL...p_147-514.html

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mango
    Vasanti cosmetics also makes foundation for yellow skintones.

I haven't actually tried the foundation as yet. I think MUA might have some reviews.

Check out www.vasanticosmetics.com

Its a Canadian company which ships online orders. I believe there is also a list of which stores carry their products (also has a couple of free-standing stores).

Hope this helps.

Thank you =)
    98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% that hasn't, put this in your signature.

I used to have the same problem with foundations turning orange on me, until I tried out Chanel's Teint Fluide Universel in #40 Beige (not sure what the equivalent is in the States). It's definitely yellow-based, but a wee bit of pink in it to help neutralise any extremely yellow tones. Perfect match for me (Asian descent, yellow/neutral undertones, NC30-35).

Prescriptives makes really good foundations with yellow undertones that don't turn orange. I just recently purchased their Anywear powder foundation in Beige & I'm really happy with it. I'm an NC42 in Studio Fix Fluid & the Beige is a perfect match. I actually wear it over the SFF for extra coverage.

I have yellow/olive undertones and Armani LSF in 6 works for me (C25/40), Laura Mercier Silk Creme, and MAC Studio Fix in C tones.

Stila only do yellow/beige undertones and Prescriptives has many tones!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jennifer Mcfly
    When Loreal came out with HIP line I remember hearing alot of the ladies who tried it say that they were very yellow...so maybe you could check them out. I haven't tried them but I remember hearing mostly that they had alot of yellow undertones in the foundations.

Good Luck!

ooh, yep... i was going to say... all of the H.I.P foundations have yellow undertones.

Alima Cosmetics is a mineral line that has a ton of yellow colors, Vincent Longo does and I think NARS does too. MAC of course has the widest selection.

I also use Armani Luminous Silk Foundation in #8 and Stila Illuminating powder in 70 watts
    NC-43.....GGG Golden Glam Goddess

I think Shiseido powdery foundation is a foundation with yellow tones in it ...i really liked it and it smelled pretty good too!! ...Cargo foundatoins are pretty yellow toned too!

I was thinking of trying Sacha Cosmetics, here is the website you can buy samples for only $2
    http://www.sachacosmetics.com/

As for Black Opal I usually see it in Beauty Supply stores alot; They also sell Black Radiance at Rite-Aide they seem similar to Black Opal but I havent tried them yet.
    http://www.youtube.com/ChocolateMommy08

"Nothing will work unless you do" -Maya Angelou

I used a Burt's Bees Tinted Moisturizer, and Poweder Foundation by AVEDA... It works pretty well for my light olive skin.
    Have faith in your dreams, and someday, your rainbow will come smiling through...

Try Neutral Shades As These Will Not Alter Your Skin Tone.

Prescriptives Foundation has an excellent selection for yellow undertones. I was actually using their foundations for a few years and then switched to MAC. Now that I've been using MAC foundations for a few years now... I'm actually considering switching back. I miss it.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by stellarx1587
    Prescriptives Foundation has an excellent selection for yellow undertones. I was actually using their foundations for a few years and then switched to MAC. Now that I've been using MAC foundations for a few years now... I'm actually considering switching back. I miss it.

You totally read my mind! I just saw a gorgeous ad in Cosmo with Christina on the cover. I'm thinking about switching from MAC to Prescriptives foundations. MAC foundations just dont sit right with my skin for some reason. And I despise the fact that I'm an NC or an NW depending on the foundation type. That defeats the whole purpose of the whole NC-NW typing thing IMO. I appreciate the fact that they can actually custom blend a foundation for you. Off to Macy's tomorrow!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SumtingSweet
    You totally read my mind! I just saw a gorgeous ad in Cosmo with Christina on the cover. I'm thinking about switching from MAC to Prescriptives foundations. MAC foundations just dont sit right with my skin for some reason. And I despise the fact that I'm an NC or an NW depending on the foundation type. That defeats the whole purpose of the whole NC-NW typing thing IMO. I appreciate the fact that they can actually custom blend a foundation for you. Off to Macy's tomorrow!

Hahaha girl you read MY mind... after I posted I was planning on going to the mall too. I still love my MAC, but sometimes you gotta go with what's the best.

I ALWAYS recommend Becca's line of foundation/conclr. products....They have a shade for literally every skintone...At least check 'em out at www.Sephora.com
    Hartz pet products can KILL your beloved pets. For more info., please visit www.HartzVictims.org It may save your pet's life!!!

"They used to call him 'Spitshine Tommy'. This kid could make your shoes look like fu*kin' mirrors!"

Laura Mercier and Shu Uemura have dark foundations for those w/ yellow undertones.

Try Shu Uemura, it's a line originally made for Asian ladies.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 Last