Foundations With Yellow Undertones

greeen

you can check my thread for my tutorial, I have yellow undertones and use Bare Escentuals in Deep. I had the makeup artist guy at Sephora apply it on my cheeks before buying it.

captodometer

Prescriptives has great foundations with yellow undertones. And I also really like the L'Oreal HIP foundations, but I can't really see this line working for the lighter ladies.

MissCreoula

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mango
Vasanti cosmetics also makes foundation for yellow skintones.

I haven't actually tried the foundation as yet. I think MUA might have some reviews.

Check out www.vasanticosmetics.com

Its a Canadian company which ships online orders. I believe there is also a list of which stores carry their products (also has a couple of free-standing stores).

Hope this helps.

Def check them out!! They also sell at a few stores in the states or of course online as mentioned above!!

greatscott2000

Has anyone heard of Black'up? Its a french brand that caters to women of color. I wonder if they carry it in the states or on the Eastcoast. I saw it in France last year- its also on the French Sephora site

www.sephora.fr

Pippi

This thread really helped, I usually have to use like 2 different shades of foundation, and then I mix it with Physicians Formula yellow corrector concealer just to get the closest shade to my skin tone.

allThingsGirl

I use Laura Mercier for powder foundation and I used to use liquid by Lancome. I'm asian NC40 and those matched me perfectly. I am Number 4 in the Laura, but I can't remember the Lancome.
ssad.gif

Switched over to MAC to try it, but, I don't like it as much, it doesn't match me as well.

Toya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mango
Vasanti cosmetics also makes foundation for yellow skintones.

I haven't actually tried the foundation as yet. I think MUA might have some reviews.

Check out www.vasanticosmetics.com

Its a Canadian company which ships online orders. I believe there is also a list of which stores carry their products (also has a couple of free-standing stores).

Hope this helps.

I tested Vasanti Cosmetics for DeLush and I am in love with their products. Definitely give them a try!

pigsy

i love this thread & definitly will try some reccomendations if my mary kay concealer don't work..

btw anyone knows how to buy from real cosmetics? the site confuses me, it always takes me back to the products when i click place an order
ssad.gif

shimpaniac

estee Lauder double wear is pretty natural...and no pink undertones...i wear PEBBLE...a must try if u want sheer coverage...
clap.gif

MACaholic76

Just wanted to update on a few foundations I've tried that seem to be excellent for yellow/golden skintones.
* Bobbi Brown is excellent, I just wish their formulas worked for me. The oil-free felt and smelled like straight up paint from a bucket, while the stick was okay but too much for me.
* L'oreal HIP foundations - currently my HG. I love this so much!!! I am an NC45 and wear this in Cappuccino.
* Prescriptives - virtual skin is really good!
For concealers I cannot rave enough about Becca concealers. For those with olive/yellow/golden skin this is a life savior. I found a perfect match with Pecan, but I think I can wear Brioche or Maple as well.
Also, NARS concealer is pretty good, although the darkest shade was a bit too yellow and not dark enough for me.
Hope I was able to contribute!

me_jelly

I have loads of yellow/gold in my skin and dior foundation is my HG (if you are lighter to medium skintoned, try 200 or 300 - those are yellow based and never turn orangy on me while several other 200-300s numbers have too much peach or pink base in them).

Also BE foundation has several yellow based foundation - I originally bought medium beige, but that one is too pink - I switched over to light and even though it looks really like, it blended like a dream on my medium/tanned skin.

surfdiva

Paul & Joe. Unfortunately they don't have wide color range, but the mid-tone to darker colors I tried were heavily yellow based (too yellow for me). Certain Sephora stores carry it.

OrangeLuvinChik

Try Cargo Foundation - Oil Free (they're in these cute foil packs). I'm Asian, with probably the yellowest yellow undertone
greengrin.gif
, and after searching for years for the pefect foundation, I found Cargo! I got their foundation in F 50. Check them out in Sephora.com.
smiles.gif

Bootyliciousx, could it also be that the reason why foundation turns orangey on you is because you're acidic? I've read this somewhere, and I think I may be the same since some foundations turn darker on me after a while.
smiles.gif

uptowngirl

I am an NC45 and have looked at a number of foundations for yellow undertones. Here is what I can recall:

Department Store
Lancome--Teint Idole, yellow undertones but dries to an ashy finish.
Perscriptives--great selection on colors, but I would have to buy 2 bottles as I am b/w 2 colors, too expensive.
Armani--way too peach and unnatural
Laura Mercier--the website used to offer free samples (I tried this a few years ago). The foundation is very silky, but too peach as well.
Bobby Brown--very natural makeup, but honestly it is just toooo yellow. I gave away a new bottle to my mum.
Clinique--I purchased Superfit and it is wasting away in my drawer. I got a sample of Perfectly Real and am still trying it out. So far, so good.

Drug Store Brands
Revlon--Colorstay: turns ashy when it dries. I think it is b/c of the titanium dioxide (used for oily skin). A whole bottle remains in my drawer.
Maybelline--this is actually very good for darker skin (I used the Caramel). I have the Dream Matte Mouse and it is not bad for a drug store brand. It tends to be a little orange.
L'oreal HIP--Walgreens was selling this for $2 per bottle recently. I had a coupon and got one for free. It is another decent drug store brand. Not completely natural, but a good option.

All in all, I tend to return to the MAC Studio Fix foundation. I like the fact that it is dry and in compact form (easily portable) and is super easy to put on as well.

Latest posts