Foundations With Yellow Undertones

elektra513

Quote:
Originally Posted by __nini
I'm with you, elektra. Prescriptives has me jumping for joy at the moment
smiles.gif

I'll look into these C7's..8's I see you guys posting about though.

Even though I use the C8 on occassion I will always buy Px powder foundation - Antelope. I dunno, it may just be the finish, coverage, but Studio fix just seems heavier, weird, or something
th_dunno.gif
. Not an everyday use type of product for me, maybe just special evening out or something...I swatched them on a tissue, my hand and my face and they are very very similar, but I love Px more. I always end up loving the more expensive products *grumble* but it's so worth it.

Ms.Shanti

i say try Bare Escentuals....I'm pretty yellow toned.And i had the same problem finding shades that didn't make me look odd colored.I use Warm Tan.It seems to match my skin perfectly.You can check out sephora.com and search for Bare Escentuals Mineral Foundation on there and see which one is your true color.They have tons.Don't order the kit though your better off just buying the foundation seperate because i find the colors in the kit are too "ashy" on medium-drk skin.

I'm considering buying an MSF Natural to use as foundation or even powder. I've read that it gives pretty light coverage; if that's the case, I was thinking it would be good as a finishing/setting powder over my foundation; however, if the coverage is buildable or more opaque, maybe I could use it as like a powder foundation. Have any of you done either of these things with MSF Natural? Please let me know your experiences.

~Porsha
th_dunno.gif

DirtyPlum

^^ as a finishing powder, yes.

Not as a powder foundation - you will need MAC mineralize loose powder for that.

DirtyPlum

My opinion:

MAC, Bobbi Brown, Giorgio Armani, MUFE and Prescriptives.

NOT Estee Lauder, they just arent yellow enough.
Certainly not Lancome or Clinique.

blindpassion

MUFE has awesome foundations with yellow undertones
I am NC15 in MAC and I have strong yellow undertones.
I use MUFE High Definition in 117 and its a perfect match for me.

tottycat

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpassion
MUFE has awesome foundations with yellow undertones
I am NC15 in MAC and I have strong yellow undertones.
I use MUFE High Definition in 117 and its a perfect match for me.

I am part-Japanese yellow-undertoned. I agree about MUFE HD Foundation. My perfect match is 120. My MAC Shade is NC25.

I also wear 1.5 in Clarins Instant Smooth, Champange in Prescriptives, No.2 in By Terry; No. 20. in Chanel, and No. 6 in Armani Designer Shaping.

Remember, us lighter NC ladies are ethnic, too!

__nini

Quote:
Originally Posted by elektra513
Even though I use the C8 on occassion I will always buy Px powder foundation - Antelope. I dunno, it may just be the finish, coverage, but Studio fix just seems heavier, weird, or something
th_dunno.gif
. Not an everyday use type of product for me, maybe just special evening out or something...I swatched them on a tissue, my hand and my face and they are very very similar, but I love Px more. I always end up loving the more expensive products *grumble* but it's so worth it.

Studio Fix IS heavier and it looks it. Nine times out of ten it won't play well with the camera either...so, I gave up. I feel you on the high prices...I'm going to look into MUFE this weekend
graucho.gif

MissMochaXOXO

i actually love covergirls translucent honey oil control powder as a light foundation! if u apply it with a good kabuki or powder brush, u get a really natural, matte finish!

tropicalia7

The lastest Shu Uemura foundation has a true yellow based foundation. I forgot the name, but the texture is very velvety and nice. Great coverage, too.

SwEetSouL08

hey there i'm nc45... but i want to try the revlon colorstay foundation one, since i heard its really good... does anyone knw the right shade for me? or did u guys try it before?

MAHALO

EarthenGlow Minerals has a large number of yellow based mineral foundations. The samples are inexpensive. I normally wear NW43 and NC45 depending on the season. The best match for me in EG was a shade that looked too light and much too yellow in the container. But it transformed to the perfect shade for me within moments after applying.

macforeverr

Hi, I'm NC25 in MAC select sheer pressed powder.. do you know what shade I would be for studio fix fluid and the studio finish concealer? Would I still be NC25? Thanks so much, I'm planning to order online.
Thanks, and sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum.
smiles.gif

shadowylady206

Giorgio Armani is the best! Bobbi Brown was a little orange, but still may work for others. MAC is too inconsistent and a little too yellow/heavy for me.

Jade09

I have a lot of yellow in my skintone as well and I was having some issues with my MUFE makeup's, and I went to Sephora yesterday and got matched with Stila's Natural Finish Oil-Free Makeup in "F" and it's just amazing. I only had on moisturizer and the makeup didn't oxidize to turn me orange or anything after several hours of wearing it. I would recommend it for people with yellow undertones definately.

Latest posts