Foundations With Yellow Undertones

ebonyannette

I was thinking of trying Sacha Cosmetics, here is the website you can buy samples for only $2
http://www.sachacosmetics.com/

As for Black Opal I usually see it in Beauty Supply stores alot; They also sell Black Radiance at Rite-Aide they seem similar to Black Opal but I havent tried them yet.

Jacq-i

I used a Burt's Bees Tinted Moisturizer, and Poweder Foundation by AVEDA... It works pretty well for my light olive skin.

stellarx1587

Prescriptives Foundation has an excellent selection for yellow undertones. I was actually using their foundations for a few years and then switched to MAC. Now that I've been using MAC foundations for a few years now... I'm actually considering switching back. I miss it.

aziza

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellarx1587
Prescriptives Foundation has an excellent selection for yellow undertones. I was actually using their foundations for a few years and then switched to MAC. Now that I've been using MAC foundations for a few years now... I'm actually considering switching back. I miss it.

You totally read my mind! I just saw a gorgeous ad in Cosmo with Christina on the cover. I'm thinking about switching from MAC to Prescriptives foundations. MAC foundations just dont sit right with my skin for some reason. And I despise the fact that I'm an NC or an NW depending on the foundation type. That defeats the whole purpose of the whole NC-NW typing thing IMO. I appreciate the fact that they can actually custom blend a foundation for you. Off to Macy's tomorrow!
cheerleader.gif

stellarx1587

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumtingSweet
You totally read my mind! I just saw a gorgeous ad in Cosmo with Christina on the cover. I'm thinking about switching from MAC to Prescriptives foundations. MAC foundations just dont sit right with my skin for some reason. And I despise the fact that I'm an NC or an NW depending on the foundation type. That defeats the whole purpose of the whole NC-NW typing thing IMO. I appreciate the fact that they can actually custom blend a foundation for you. Off to Macy's tomorrow!
cheerleader.gif

Hahaha girl you read MY mind... after I posted I was planning on going to the mall too. I still love my MAC, but sometimes you gotta go with what's the best.

aziza

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellarx1587
Hahaha girl you read MY mind... after I posted I was planning on going to the mall too. I still love my MAC, but sometimes you gotta go with what's the best.

I went to a Prescriptives counter yesterday and I am in LOVE with them!
eyelove.gif
The way they do their foundation matching is pure genius. I have both red and yellow undertones but they matched me with a red-toned foudation-Fresh Clove in Virtual Matte. Go out and give them a try..it wont hurt and they give you a hefty sample ( at least a weeks worth!) if you're unsure. Please run to your nearest counter!

noahlowryfan

Quote:
eyelove.gif
The way they do their foundation matching is pure genius. I have both red and yellow undertones but they matched me with a red-toned foudation-Fresh Clove in Virtual Matte. Go out and give them a try..it wont hurt and they give you a hefty sample ( at least a weeks worth!) if you're unsure. Please run to your nearest counter!

what if i wanted a sample of two different colors. will they actually give you a sample each of two colors?

Bootyliciousx

Quote:
eyelove.gif

Thank you =)

aziza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootyliciousx
How is the coverage in virtual matte? Easy to spread or Cakey? Have you tried there flawless skin foundation?

The coverage is beautiful.I usually use concealer around my mouth because of some darkness but it's not neccesary with this!It spread like butter.. You really only need to use a small amount and I use a foundation brush to apply. I haven't used Virtual Skin..the SA said Virtual Matte would be best because of my oily skin and it's working out fine so far!
cheerleader.gif

noahlowryfan, a friend went with me and they were kind of hesitant when she asked for two samples (she only left with one)...I think it all depends on the counter you go to and the SA who Colorprints you. The whole point of being Colorprinted is to find a specific color so I can understand why they would only shell out one sample.

noahlowryfan

Quote:
The coverage is beautiful.I usually use concealer around my mouth because of some darkness but it's not neccesary with this!It spread like butter.. You really only need to use a small amount and I use a foundation brush to apply. I haven't used Virtual Skin..the SA said Virtual Matte would be best because of my oily skin and it's working out fine so far!
cheerleader.gif

noahlowryfan, a friend went with me and they were kind of hesitant when she asked for two samples (she only left with one)...I think it all depends on the counter you go to and the SA who Colorprints you. The whole point of being Colorprinted is to find a specific color so I can understand why they would only shell out one sample.

yea i understand but doing colorprints on artifical light is not good. it might look good in the store but it won't look good when outside. i went to a Prescriptives counter and got a sample of Flawless Skin. when getting the sample, i might not purchase their foundation. why? because of the jar they put the sample in. it is hard to get the right amount out of it. i overpour some on to my hand.

i am happy with Bobbi Brown because I got two samples of two different colors and their sample is in a tube so it is easier to get the right amount out.

i'm still searching for my HG foundation so i hope my search will end soon.

aziza

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahlowryfan
yea i understand but doing colorprints on artifical light is not good. it might look good in the store but it won't look good when outside. i went to a Prescriptives counter and got a sample of Flawless Skin. when getting the sample, i might not purchase their foundation. why? because of the jar they put the sample in. it is hard to get the right amount out of it. i overpour some on to my hand.

i am happy with Bobbi Brown because I got two samples of two different colors and their sample is in a tube so it is easier to get the right amount out.

i'm still searching for my HG foundation so i hope my search will end soon.

I feel you about the department store lights...I rememeber the frist time time I went shopping for foundation. It was some Clinique crap and I didn't know any better so I tried it on, thought it looked good, and went about my jolly own way. It looked so horrible on me
weeping.gif

The lights at the Prescriptives counter were much softer compared to others, so I didn't worry. If you'd explain your reasoning about you wanting two sample they couldn't turn you down...that would just be mean
rofl.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootyliciousx
mucho gracis sumting sweet
cutey.gif

No problem! Glad to help
cheerleader.gif

noahlowryfan

Quote:
I feel you about the department store lights...I rememeber the frist time time I went shopping for foundation. It was some Clinique crap and I didn't know any better so I tried it on, thought it looked good, and went about my jolly own way. It looked so horrible on me
weeping.gif

The lights at the Prescriptives counter were much softer compared to others, so I didn't worry. If you'd explain your reasoning about you wanting two sample they couldn't turn you down...that would just be mean
rofl.gif

after trying out their foundation, i'm not happy with it so i might just stick to my Bobbi Brown samples and purchase the full size bottle until i find the right shade for me.

MAC_Pixie04

NARS and Stila have tons of yellow shades, as do Vincent Longo, Make Up Forever and Becca has about a thousand foundation shades.

Latest posts