if you work at macys...

mzreyes

...do you get a discount at the mac counter (if there is one?) ?? i've always wondered about that one..:confused:

FacesbyNiki

Your MAC discount will come from the MAC store. You do get a store discount as well, but it's best to use your MAC discount at the MAC store. It's higher.

tarteheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by FacesbyNiki
Your MAC discount will come from the MAC store. You do get a store discount as well, but it's best to use your MAC discount at the MAC store. It's higher.

I think her question is about Macy's employees in general, not MAC artists who work at Macy's...?

I had a friend who worked at Macy's, and she used her 20% Macy's employee discount at MAC, but had to put it on her Macy's card. This was like 2 years ago incase things have changed.

(Sorry for any typos, by the way; I can't see today!
oh.gif
)

mzreyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarteheart
I think her question is about Macy's employees in general, not MAC artists who work at Macy's...?

I had a friend who worked at Macy's, and she used her 20% Macy's employee discount at MAC, but had to put it on her Macy's card. This was like 2 years ago incase things have changed.

oh.gif
)

thanks!!!

giz2000

Quote:

oh.gif
)

Nope..things haven't changed....you still have to use your Macy's Card to get the discount....you don't have to use any card at Nordstrom though...

mzreyes

wow... i feel REEEEAAAAL dumb for not taking the job at macys. i was going to work at fragrances. UGH. someone slap me

FacesbyNiki

Quote:

oh.gif
)

Oops, I'll just fall back and read from now on.
lmao.gif

astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzreyes
wow... i feel REEEEAAAAL dumb for not taking the job at macys. i was going to work at fragrances. UGH. someone slap me

Not to mention it's light work and commissioned! I would have been all over that.

mzcelaneous

I worked fragrances over the summer a few years ago. And hell yes, I used my discount at MAC like crazy (and Dior, Shiseido, and Lancome)!!! Plus I got close to a few MA's and got hired as a freelance artist.

Bernadette

You only get a discount when you use a Macy's card? Cheap sneaky bastards!
When I worked at Nordie's I used the heck out of my discount!

MisStarrlight

You don't need your Macy's card to get the employee discount at Nordstrom's....how do you do it then? And is it 20% also?
Not that I've ever shopped there, but maybe someday.

Also, if you work at Macy's and your credit isn't good enough for a real card/you don't want another cc, you can always get a pre-paid card.

prinzessin784

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzreyes

Haha that's what I do!
smiles.gif
Not for long though...I hate it.

amoona

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisStarrlight
You don't need your Macy's card to get the employee discount at Nordstrom's....how do you do it then? And is it 20% also?
Not that I've ever shopped there, but maybe someday.

Also, if you work at Macy's and your credit isn't good enough for a real card/you don't want another cc, you can always get a pre-paid card.

Yea when I worked there I was only 16 so I had a pre-paid card.

But at Nordstroms they basically just have you give your employee ID and there's some lil phrase they say. My friend works there and she's hooked it up with some MAC too ... it's only 20% but it's better then nothing.

Bernadette

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisStarrlight

Nordstrom let's their employees pay however they want for their disocunted purchases. They do offer a store CC but don't make you get one or make you use it.
I think a 20% discount in general is pretty weak. After taxes that's hardly anything. I think 30% should be the rule of thumb, especially for big wealthy department stores.

Marci

When I worked for Bergner's which was part of Carson Pirie Scott...it was 20% first year empolyees then 25% thereafter...but the good part was Carson's was owned by Saks Fifth Ave and we could get 20% discount...however, Saks would do double discount weekends!! You'd better believe I'd stock up on my highend cosmetics and bought lots of Coach and Kate Spade bags (which never go on sale!)...*sigh* I miss those days!

Latest posts