Hair cut before dye?

amoona

I have a quick question for anyone who can answer it. I'm redying my hair, same color as always black, but I also want a cut. I need a small trim and want to add layers and always want to cut my bangs into a side swoop (is that what it's called?). So the question is to I dye the hair first and then get the hair cut or can I get the hair cut first and then dye? Does it really matter? Any advice?!
hmm.gif

saraa_b

Usually when I get my hair done... they dye it first and then cut.

I really dont know if it matters or not lol

hyperRealGurl

it really doesnt matter if u do it before or after......... personal choice... ive had my hair colored then cut.. but then again ive had my hair cut then colored

amoona

That's easy enough haha. I'm too broke to get my hair professionally dyed so that's y I was wondering if I should wait till after or before I get my cut. Thanks ladies!

hyperRealGurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoona
That's easy enough haha. I'm too broke to get my hair professionally dyed so that's y I was wondering if I should wait till after or before I get my cut. Thanks ladies!

Ahh Ic i think i would wait if thats the case b/c theres nothing worse than having ur roots show... and thats depending on how lon gu plan to wait till u get ur hair cut...

thestarsfall

Well, you could get it cut after dying it so that you get rid of any dried uber-coloured ends (as ends tend to go darker than the rest cuz they are more damaged....but I dont know with black)....or you could get it cut first so that you dont have the chance of running out of hairdye (if you have long/thick hair)....

Either way theres a pro and con...haha...

Do whatever happens (if you keep putting off dying hair and then you randomly get a haircut you will obviously dye it after the haircut
smiles.gif
)

angeldust

if you're just touching up your roots it doesn't matter. but most salons prefer you do your color and then cut. so as to get rid of any damaged ends, etc.

aeni

If you're hair's long enough that'd they'd have to whip up extra dye, then I'd cut it first and save the product (and $).

amoona

o thanks ladies ... i guess imma dye before hand since i'm doing it on my own. then on saturday when i go to the salon my hairdresser can take care of all the ends i burned off lol.

user79

Yeah, you should do it before, so any ends that get damaged in the colouring process will be cut off as well.

little teaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by angeldust
if you're just touching up your roots it doesn't matter. but most salons prefer you do your color and then cut. so as to get rid of any damaged ends, etc.

yea i agree after any chemical service they normaly cut afterwards to git rid of damage ends your cut would come out better that way i think

Obreathemykiss

I agree with all of the above. The chemicals can further damage your hair and cutting the ends after will make you look much more polished and keep those ends tidy.

Latest posts