Tear or call sheets

farra712

Can someone tell me what these are? I see them as requirements for many of the makeup artist discount programs, and I was told I should have one if I have done weddings or photoshoots, but I thought this was something that was only used in the film and modeling industry. Can someone tell me how I would get one or where I can find an example of what they even contain or look like?

MisStarrlight

Tear sheets are when your work is published in a magazine. You bring in the actual page from the magazine.
Call sheets are put out by production companies (mostly) and list everyone involved with the project & all the information you would need to know (title, phone #, call time).

They both prove that you are working professionally in the field & aren't just something you can make up just to get the discount. (The industry doesn't count weddings as "real" freelance work)

farra712

Thank you. This helps but sucks! So, if one of the photographers I work with calls me and asks me to do makeup for someone who is having professional pictures taken, I would have to have a call sheet to prove that I am a professional, or does this not really count either? I appreciate your quick and thorough response! Thanks again!

lara

A small shoot that only has a photographer, an MA and a talent isn't big enough to require a call sheet - they're only used if you're juggling multiple talents or multiple sets, or if the small-shoot photographer is incredibly anal.

For something that small, I'd just request something on letterhead from the photographer confirming that you worked X hours/day for X wage.

Latest posts