How old is your OLDEST M.A.C makeup in your collection

tinagrzela

For you guys who have the old lipsticks (before the bullet), it would be cool if you could post pics!!! I've never seen them...And what about the lipglasses, did they change packaging??

angelica

My oldest items are 4 eyeshadows from salsabelle collection and they are my first MAC purchase ever Parrot, Guacamole, Coral, and Casablanca, I still use them and they are about 4 yers old now I think

jenii

I gave most of my old stuff to my mom and sister. It was still good, but I just wasn't using it, so I passed it along.

Now, my oldest MAC item is my Parrot eyeshadow.

But, previously, there was stuff I'd had since I was in high school (I'm 26 now) that was still good.

So, yeah. You don't have throw stuff away after a few years. If it still looks the same (or in the case of lippies, still smells the same), then it's fine.

stellarx1587

My oldest MAC makeup would probably be my old Print, Espresso, Zone, & Satin Taupe e/s's. I think they're from 1998? And I have some old MAC lipliners that were in the silver packaging. I don't even remember what year that was from.

AudreyNicole

The very first thing I bought was Expensive Pink e/s and Vanilla e/s. Both at the same time - a year ago this month!
smiles.gif

coachkitten

My oldest product would be a jar of turquoise Matte pigment. I maybe got this 3-4 years ago myself but it could be older than that. Otherwise my second oldest is Parrot eye shadow.

MAC_Whore

I have some brushes from about '93, some screw-top shadows from about 97ish, and 1 old style screw-top (yeah there is one that is different from the ones we normally see) in Paisley that is about 93ish too. I don't use the Paisley, but can't throw it away. I just like to look at it.
smiles.gif

pixi

ive got ruby woo which isnt in the bullet packaging...dunno when its from, i got it on ebay unused

SMMY

I'm fairly new too. My oldest MAC item is Metal Rock, which is about a year and a half old. That and my pigments Deckchair, Provence and Coco.

redambition

ahhh, nostalgia.

it was a year on boxing day that bought my first MAC.
smiles.gif

194 brush
266 brush
Select Moisturecover concealer (still going strong, still ok)

foxyqt

Revealing lipglass.. the tube is broken and all the sticky gloss its leaking out but i cant get rid of it cuz i love it LoL & it smells fine I still use it sometimes.. =) & i have Contrast e/s.. its really old but I still didnt hit the pan!

both are about 3 to 4 years ago

electrostars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawna
I had a grid lipstick in the silver packaging right up until a few years ago when I finally tossed it. It was still completely fine and smelled like it should. I bought it way way back around 1994 or 95. I also have a nylon eyeshadow from that era in the screw top pot. It looks and smells fine too. I think you are probably safer with shadows or powders because they don't harbour bacteria the way liquids do.

i still have grid in the silver tube...it's my oldest item. XD

Eilinoir

Shroom, Trax, Surreal, Hush, and Paradisco - all purchased in the summer of 2003. Only now is there abput 5% left of Shroom (a thin ring around the border of the pan...*sniff*

meihwa

My oldest items were my first MAC purchase in 1995....Brun, Mystery, Camel eyeshadows (I still use all of them and they look as great as ever), Fetish lipstick in the black non bullet packaging (NOT okay for use, it smells bad, but has sentimental attachment, and I have not had the nerve to B2M it)

moonrevel

My oldest items are Creme de Violet and Swish eyeshadows that I bought in 2000. I got a clear Lipglass then as well, but it has long since gone to that big makeup counter in the sky.

I've only been into mac for about 5 years, but I was lucky enough to score an icebox. I think that or zone are my oldest items.

Teal

I have a eye shadow MAC pallete consisting of 15 colours,from New York. hmm had it for a year now and still giving me the satisfaction
eyelove.gif

and i also have one eye colour pencil in pink..its 3 years old..and its crap
ssad.gif

a914butterfly

i have a parrot eyeshadow, 2 liza quads (with parrot) and i have a mlle lipstick and a rizzo lipstick (which is really old because its not the bullet packaging and according to the description, its supposed to be bubblegum pink and its not- its more of a disgusting orangey-pink color and starting to smell but i hold on to it cause i collect mac) i also have a turquoise colored eye liner crayon that slides up in a lipstick type tube (i know these are old and long discontinued)

jessiekins1

my oldest mac is my purple haze shadow, it's 6 years old. i haven't touched it in about two years because i've found other purples i like better.

Latest posts