Guerlain discussion

Medgal07

That is so cute! I wonder if there are more because the background shows more colors.

If anyone has the Rouge G l'Extrait lip colors on there wishlists, then it's time to buy them now. According to Emma from Escentual's review of the holiday collection, she mentioned that they were recently discontinued. :( My SA at Saks confirmed me they that they got the shaft around late Summer and early Fall.

I used to have a sample of Gourmandise and Avarice (it's the same size as the gloss d'enfer sample you can get as a gift) back when they were released and both of them were top notch. The formula used to be a bit clingy if you didn't exfoliate your lips, but other than that they were long lasting and great. My favorite was Gourmandise because Avarice was a bit too brown for me.

Smile? Enjoy? Was this inspired by Eat, Pray, Love?
ohboy.gif

My list is the powder, one of the lipsticks, and the smile blush.
I guess that's why Sephora never restocked them---I waited forever for Avarice and ended up getting it at Saks----it pulls pink on me---very mauve-ish which is what I was hoping for. In addition to Avarice I have your fav, Gourmandise, as well as, Luxure and Orguiel. I think Luxure is my fav.

Medgal07

That makes sense as to why they've been out of stock on Sephora's website for so long.
ohboy.gif

I wonder if they're going to replace them with the maxi velvets like the one they brought out for this year's holiday collection?
Yes---I just saw your comment. I would agree. I kept stalking & waiting for what I wanted to reappear.
sigh.gif

SubwayDreaming

I guess that's why Sephora never restocked them---I waited forever for Avarice and ended up getting it at Saks----it pulls pink on me---very mauve-ish which is what I was hoping for. In addition to Avarice I have your fav, Gourmandise, as well as, Luxure and Orguiel. I think Luxure is my fav.

starletta8

I'm trying to remember if it was [@]mkoparanova[/@] or [@]Monsy[/@] who mentioned a youthful shift in Guerlain Beauty's marketing... around the time when we were talking about the silicone covers for the bronzers...

That was probably actually me. I got that info straight from 2 different counter managers.

starletta8

I was shocked during Specktra's downtime at something I never thought would happen. Especially not this quickly.

Um, I hit pan on a 4 Seasons bronzer. Significant pan, too.

I bought in late February!!!

hitchcockblonde

Didn't quite know where to put this, I don't usually hang around the Guerlain threads but it looks like they're trying something else to reach younger crowds. They're releasing a cosmetics expansion on the La Petite Robe Noire fragrance line. The packaging is just like the perfume bottles. Personally I think the nail polishes look adorable and I'll be happy to pick up a couple. The lipsticks are probably a skip for me.

http://britishbeautyblogger.com/makeup/guerlain-spring-2016/

elegant-one

Didn't quite know where to put this, I don't usually hang around the Guerlain threads but it looks like they're trying something else to reach younger crowds. They're releasing a cosmetics expansion on the La Petite Robe Noire fragrance line. The packaging is just like the perfume bottles. Personally I think the nail polishes look adorable and I'll be happy to pick up a couple. The lipsticks are probably a skip for me.

I would get the pink & the red. I'm not so into the younger look. I prefer classic. I'm very very inerested in those lipsticks.
Thanks!!!

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I would get the pink & the red. I'm not so into the younger look. I prefer classic. I'm very very inerested in those lipsticks.
Thanks!!!

Same here. I'm not really feeling the look of those new products... Not a fan of classic brands suddenly trying to appeal to younger customers.

Monsy

young people now have money. look how much money is pouring into urban, tarte, too faced, becca (all those younger brands). i doubt any other "mature" brand would that money pouring into their brand

SubwayDreaming

I'm OK with the expansion of the La Petite Robe Noire cosmetic line to appeal to a younger crowd - just wish they would leave the "classic" line alone.

Kaidan

Damn, talk about a 180 turn, lol! :hehe:

This is probably the collection that will coincide with the new upcoming La Petite Robe Noire perfume next year. I love the La Petite Robe Noire line of perfumes (except forthe eau de toilette version) so I can’t wait to hear more about this upcoming line of makeup from Guerlain. The lipsticks look like the Dior Addict lipsticks, andI hope they perform well. I like that the nail polishes look like mini versions of the heart-shaped stopper bottles that La Petite Robe Noire recycled from Mitsouko and L’Heure Bleue.

There used to be a section of the Guerlain makeup that honored L’Heure Bleue, but I only remember the eyeshadow duo/liners. I think it was before the ombre eclat line of eye shadows.

Last edited:

Latest posts