Guerlain discussion

Ernie

Does anyone know if the Kisskiss balms in the white packaging are perm or LE? I LOVE them & so addicted to them right now. Morning Rose turns my lips into this really pretty baby pink & keeps my lips so soft & moisturized. I also love Crazy Bouquet & Pink Me Up on my lips.
I saw them in the permanent display at Sephora. ;)

SubwayDreaming

​Does anyone know if Insolence perfume is being discontinued? I can't find it at the usual stores - I have bought it at The Bay and Shoppers Drug Mart in the past.

katred

Specktra Bestie
​Does anyone know if Insolence perfume is being discontinued? I can't find it at the usual stores - I have bought it at The Bay and Shoppers Drug Mart in the past.

Guerlain have been weird about moving things to different retailers. I'm surprised that the Bay wouldn't have it, though.

I really hope hope it's not being discontinued because it's one of the few "sweet" fragrances that works on me.

SubwayDreaming

Thanks! I'm going to the US this weekend, so I'm going to look there (both Nordstrom and the Guerlain store). If those stores don't carry Insolence, then I will start to panic. :cool:

Guerlain have been weird about moving things to different retailers. I'm surprised that the Bay wouldn't have it, though.

I really hope hope it's not being discontinued because it's one of the few "sweet" fragrances that works on me.

Monsy

check monsieurguerlain blog
he has listed all the fragrances discontinued for the past and upcoming year

Kaidan

The current nail polish line and all of the rouge and shine automatiques are discontinued as of this year, same goes for the Rouge G L'Extrait line. :( The upcoming LPRN line will replace the previous lines (the rouge/shine line was originally meant for a younger crowd while the classic line consisted of the KissKiss and Rouge G) except for the L'Extraits, but there's still no confirmation if the LPRN makeup line will be permanent or "permanent while it lasts." I'm waiting for the US release of this because there's a lot of stuff that I like. :D Not so thrilled about the line having some Asia exclusive shades though.

The holiday matte velvet lipstick is simply a testing ground for an upcoming line with no specified release date for now. So far it's successful, so they might release more of the maxi velvets in small doses until a permanent line shows up soon.

Monsieurguerlain confirmed the upcoming LPRN flanker called Intense for September this year. I'm excited for this one since it's supposed to be a sweeter version of the regular Le Petite Robe Noir and mainly catered for the US crowd. LPRN is as sweet as it gets for Guerlain, so I wonder how it compares to the rest of its flanker sisters.

The Insolence problem might be because of Guerlain's inconsistency in store exclusive releases. For example, the Guerlain counter at JC Penney in PR is the only one in the country to have the entire line of Insolence, Le Petite Robe Noire, Habit Rouge, and L'Instant. Insolence and LPRN are major sellers at the counter, especially Insolence parfum version. Saks PR doesn't sell LPRN and has only one version of Insolence, but has more of their classic and expensive perfumes. I don't think they sell the bee bottles in PR though. Nordstrom PR doesn't carry Guerlain, Sephora PR only carries two versions of LPRN and stopped carrying the makeup line due to low sales, and the Sears PR Guerlain counter became a Vichy and Dermablend counter probably because of low sales, but they had the best selection for hard to find items. ;(

New meteorites are always welcome! :yay:

SubwayDreaming

Thanks, Kaidan. FYI - I went to the two Guerlain boutiques in Las Vegas this weekend. They both had Insolence eau de toilette, but not the eau de parfum.

The Insolence problem might be because of Guerlain's inconsistency in store exclusive releases. For example, the Guerlain counter at JC Penney in PR is the only one in the country to have the entire line of Insolence, Le Petite Robe Noire, Habit Rouge, and L'Instant. Insolence and LPRN are major sellers at the counter, especially Insolence parfum version. Saks PR doesn't sell LPRN and has only one version of Insolence, but has more of their classic and expensive perfumes. I don't think they sell the bee bottles in PR though. Nordstrom PR doesn't carry Guerlain, Sephora PR only carries two versions of LPRN and stopped carrying the makeup line due to low sales, and the Sears PR Guerlain counter became a Vichy and Dermablend counter probably because of low sales, but they had the best selection for hard to find items. ;(

Kaidan

A bit off-topic, but I can't believe that LVMH shut down (for a while, at least he's back for now) one of the most dedicated Guerlain perfume blogs for no reason. Rather than shutting down fan blogs that are hobbies from passionate bloggers, why don't they crack down the shops and sellers that sell fake perfumes, handbags, and other goods? I'm also not pleased that ​their main target since the late 2000's have been the Russian oligarchs and their mistresses. It really gives a bad impression for the rest of the target groups, mainly the American and dare I say even the French crowd. That's not how you win a regional target group. It doesn't help that most of their info is so asymmetric as of late; get your act together whoever is in charge of Guerlain, sheesh! At least Dior, Givenchy, and Fendi are a bit consistent with their info and how they carry their brands even though it's a huge far cry from what they used to be.

tldr LMVH's PR and marketing team can go to hell. :)

Latest posts