Guerlain discussion

VAL4M

It's Up! It's Up! At NM!
*happy dancing all around my desk at work!!!*
Guerlain Terracotta Terra Magnifica

:hide:
p.s. I was very bad last week regarding Guerlain!

I gave Jet.com a go and finally ordered 2 Rouge G lipsticks. Savings Success! My order came to $61.48!!! (a savings of $46) The lippies arrived in perfect condition and are beautiful. I will post later from Saturday date night ;)

Also, I discovered the Guerlain Terracotta Pause D'Ete powder on beautytheshop.com for $54.23. I'll be getting that packet tomorrow and will report back on condition etc.

p.s.s. No more makeup for me for a while! I may even return my unopened ABH MR palette because I was so bad! Bad Elise Bad!

:jawsdown: Oh no!!! Keep the ABH MR palette, this is the most beautiful palette ever, you will create the most beautiful look with that... my two scent skip the bronzer if you already have bronzer in your collection. I know Guertain's is beautiful but are you buying for the prettiness or the usefulness???

JerseyGirl

It's Up! It's Up! At NM!
*happy dancing all around my desk at work!!!*
Guerlain Terracotta Terra Magnifica

:hide:
p.s. I was very bad last week regarding Guerlain!

I gave Jet.com a go and finally ordered 2 Rouge G lipsticks. Savings Success! My order came to $61.48!!! (a savings of $46) The lippies arrived in perfect condition and are beautiful. I will post later from Saturday date night ;)

Also, I discovered the Guerlain Terracotta Pause D'Ete powder on beautytheshop.com for $54.23. I'll be getting that packet tomorrow and will report back on condition etc.

p.s.s. No more makeup for me for a while! I may even return my unopened ABH MR palette because I was so bad! Bad Elise Bad!

I hope you love the rouge Gs! They are my favorite lipstick formula but I only have two because they are so $$. Thanks for the Intel about about the bronzer and Jet.com. I had no idea they had make-up! I had a flyer at home but it just had info about them carrying detergent! Have to check them out too.

fur4elise

:jawsdown: Oh no!!! Keep the ABH MR palette, this is the most beautiful palette ever, you will create the most beautiful look with that... my two scent skip the bronzer if you already have bronzer in your collection. I know Guertain's is beautiful but are you buying for the prettiness or the usefulness???

LOL! The reason I am on the fence about the ABH MR, is that I have so many colors that are similar in my mixed brand custom palettes. I have had the palette for almost a week and have not touched it simply because of this. If it's going to sit it has to go back.

;) My answer on the Guerlain bronzers is for both prettiness & usefulness. I am not completely satisfied with the strange assortment I do have. Too orange, too muddy, too heavy in formula, too light, too dark...lol I am more often than not swirling one to three different shades to get something I like. I'd like to think I could ditch some of the less than par pans I have and simplify to just a few really good ones.

I hope you love the rouge Gs! They are my favorite lipstick formula but I only have two because they are so $$. Thanks for the Intel about about the bronzer and Jet.com. I had no idea they had make-up! I had a flyer at home but it just had info about them carrying detergent! Have to check them out too.

Yes ma'am! Jet is the bomb! LOL! I specifically went there looking for makeup and was shocked to have found of all things some high end brands! I could not pass on such a great deal, so ordered 2 lippies. It was a risk having never ordered from Jet before, but well worth it! Then Jet let me take an additional 15% off the already discounted price for a first time order. In fact, I have until Sept to place 2 more orders at 15% off. Also the shipping was free and turned out to be fast! I got my packet in 2 days!

I wore one Rouge G on Saturday night and loved it! Though I will say long flying hair in a convertible can get a little messy with a creamy lipstick...;)

Last edited:

fur4elise

Guerlain_1.jpg Guerlain_1_June25th_16.jpg Guerlain_2_June25th_16.jpg
Rouge G #28 Genna (w/ Liner UD Bang)~ Indoor natural light ~ Direct sunlight in little car.

Overall impression~ :heart::heart::heart:
What can I say, the art deco packaging of the Rouge G is exactly what I would want a high end lippie to be. Heavyweight, solid and beautiful. The built in mirror makes it a lux item. It is truly a little beauty treasure! Creamy, smooth & pigmented. However with hair wildly flipping around in a convertible, I ended up with a little lipstick on my face...lol! I also ordered #27 Gilda, a poppy red shade. If I was to get one more it would be #20 Gina (a bright gold red).

p.s. Now that I am tan, I needed to get matched with a new Estee Lauder DW foundation. It ended up being 5N1 Rich Ginger. So far I really like it. I was also able to get samples of the CFX drops, in Candlelight & Sunlight. I am in love with Candlelight! A drop or 2 mixed in to my darker foundation brought it to life! I even dabbed some sparkle on my shoulders. You can see it a little in the second picture. ;) Summer sparkle is love!

p.s.s. LOL! Oh I also picked up the Benefit ready set Brow! setting gel. I am notorious for ignoring my brows...so I thought I could not go wrong with a clear setting gel to groom them. Again I am pretty happy with the product, though I do wonder if I could have found another option a little cheaper...

Last edited:

katred

Specktra Bestie
View attachment 55006 View attachment 55007 View attachment 55008
Rouge G #28 Genna (w/ Liner UD Bang)~ Indoor natural light ~ Direct sunlight in little car.

Overall impression~ :heart::heart::heart:
What can I say, the art deco packaging of the Rouge G is exactly what I would want a high end lippie to be. Heavyweight, solid and beautiful. The built in mirror makes it a lux item. It is truly a little beauty treasure! Creamy, smooth & pigmented. However with hair wildly flipping around in a convertible, I ended up with a little lipstick on my face...lol! I also ordered #27 Gilda, a poppy red shade. If I was to get one more it would be #20 Gina (a bright gold red).

p.s. Now that I am tan, I needed to get matched with a new Estee Lauder DW foundation. It ended up being 5N1 Rich Ginger. So far I really like it. I was also able to get samples of the CFX drops, in Candlelight & Sunlight. I am in love with Candlelight! A drop or 2 mixed in to my darker foundation brought it to life! I even dabbed some sparkle on my shoulders. You can see it a little in the second picture. ;) Summer sparkle is love!

p.s.s. LOL! Oh I also picked up the Benefit ready set Brow! setting gel. I am notorious for ignoring my brows...so I thought I could not go wrong with a clear setting gel to groom them. Again I am pretty happy with the product, though I do wonder if I could have found another option a little cheaper...

It looks beautiful on you- so summery. Genna is one of my favourites as well, one of the most perfect warm reds out there. I've also been meaning to get Gilda for a while, but I get distracted by TEH NEWNESS everywhere...

SandraVB79

Today at the department store, I bought way too many YSL items, but I also got the Terra magnifica (last one they had) + Black Perfecto lipstick (or whatever they call it).
Got a pouch as GWP because I bought 2 items.

Last week, my escentual order arrived, with Meteorites Voyage (the old one) and that other LE terracotta powder.

fur4elise

how are you liking terra magnifica?
OMG! I know you were asking Sandra but I am loving it! :heart::heart::heart:
I also got the Pause D'Ete, again I am thrilled. No one mentioned how lovely these smell!

What is so nice is how finely milled the powder is! Dare I say even "creamy?" I do not have the right descriptor...lol

Application is a dream! I used smaller brushes to work around the highlighting colors in each and then apply the highlighting color separately.
The center color in the Pause D'Ete is more like a lighter coral peach tone to me and it is a perfect highlight color to a darker matte coral peach blush. Obviously with use the golden over-spray on each is wiped away but no matter.

I do not regret splurging on these! I most definitely will consider the 4 Seasons when I am not so penniless! I am officially a Guerlain Girl! ;)

GreenEyedAllie

OMG! I know you were asking Sandra but I am loving it! :heart::heart::heart:
I also got the Pause D'Ete, again I am thrilled. No one mentioned how lovely these smell!

What is so nice is how finely milled the powder is! Dare I say even "creamy?" I do not have the right descriptor...lol

Application is a dream! I used smaller brushes to work around the highlighting colors in each and then apply the highlighting color separately.
The center color in the Pause D'Ete is more like a lighter coral peach tone to me and it is a perfect highlight color to a darker matte coral peach blush. Obviously with use the golden over-spray on each is wiped away but no matter.

I do not regret splurging on these! I most definitely will consider the 4 Seasons when I am not so penniless! I am officially a Guerlain Girl! ;)

As well you should be! Guerlain suits you very well from your pics earlier.

JerseyGirl

Ok, I received my terra magnifica...it's not the wooden packaging!! I don't know why I was expecting it...it just looked that way in the pics...
It's in a screw tin and there is brown sponge around the powder... The lid has a mirror and more of the brown sponge. The tin is supposed to be re-usable once you finish the powder. (Lol, I've never finished a bronzer...)

SandraVB79

Ok, I received my terra magnifica...it's not the wooden packaging!! I don't know why I was expecting it...it just looked that way in the pics...
It's in a screw tin and there is brown sponge around the powder... The lid has a mirror and more of the brown sponge. The tin is supposed to be re-usable once you finish the powder. (Lol, I've never finished a bronzer...)

It's the Paude d'été that comes in the wooden packaging.
Terra Magnifica is in a reusable tin packaging (no idea what I'd reuse it for though). I don't understand what you mean with the "sponge", mine doesn't have any sponge in it. Just the two-coloured powder, and the mirror in the lid.

ETA:
- Pause d'été in wood packaging: http://farm2.static.guerlain.com/sites/default/files/sku/G042203/images/G042203.png
- Terra Magnifica: http://farm3.static.guerlain.com/si...rie_After_Summer_Terracotta.jpg?itok=fe_HLZIa

Last edited:

Monsy

a lot of people are complaining about magnifica packaging that is plastic and too "light" (i do not want to say cheap)

fur4elise

Ok, I received my terra magnifica...it's not the wooden packaging!! I don't know why I was expecting it...it just looked that way in the pics...It's in a screw tin and there is brown sponge around the powder... The lid has a mirror and more of the brown sponge. The tin is supposed to be re-usable once you finish the powder. (Lol, I've never finished a bronzer...)

Yes, there is a sponge-like insert that is holding the bronzer securely in the tin. It appears it would be very easy to pop the bronzer pan out/depot it, if you wanted to use the tin right away. The tin is "lightweight," so it could get binged dinged if you just throw it in your bag. I am not unhappy with the packaging. I really love the bronzer itself.

eta: the Pause D'Ete wooden packaging is the bomb! Beautifully designed with a magnetic closure.

Last edited:

fur4elise

It looks beautiful on you- so summery. Genna is one of my favourites as well, one of the most perfect warm reds out there. I've also been meaning to get Gilda for a while, but I get distracted by TEH NEWNESS everywhere...

As well you should be! Guerlain suits you very well from your pics earlier.
2278318gwyqd20x9h.gif
Thank you lovely ladies! Katred, I have Garconne, Geneva & Gina on my list too...lol!

fur4elise

My :heart: affair with Guerlain continues on...I now have 4 lovely reds in my treasure trove, having added #20 Gina & #48 Geneva.
Guerlain_4_Rouges.jpg
I wore Gina for Saturday Date Night :heart:
Guerlain_Gina_2_July16_16.jpg Guerlain_Gina_1_July16_16.jpg
Inside~Natural light & Direct sunlight in little car...

Latest posts