Guerlain discussion

JerseyGirl

chanel has better foundations in my experience  guerlain has poor color selection. they are just ok. a lot of alcohol and fragrance 
I agree the color shades are more limited with Guerlain. But, I find when I wear Chanel I get more transfer (to phone or anything if I touch my face) than with Guerlain. Do you find that too? Am I doing something wrong?

cpena78

Which one would u guys recommend Guerlain Les Violettes translucent compact powder or Chanel Loose powder please? I want more of a glow lol

VAL4M

Do any of you wear the Guerlain foundation? If so, what are your thoughts? I am currently using Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua, but going into fall/winter I need to change my shade. I was curious about trying something different.
I'm wearing Guerlain foundation right now Parure Extreme (discontinued) i think it was replaced by Tenue de Perfection high coverage and matt foundation and just purchased Parure Gold who is more dewy but still high coverage I really love it i'm 02 Beige clair which is the equivalent of NC25 I guess. the finish is really natural, long lasting, very confortable to wear, and I have a lot of blemishes and with that foundation i do not need as much concealer so les time consuming in the morning to get ready.
I tried pretty much every high coverage foundation out there and always came back to Guerlain, Chanel Matt lumière didn't blow me away, and it was sitting on my skin, smashbox studio skin was too heavy as well as MAC studio fix. I have to say Guerlain foundation colours are limited.

SandraVB79

I have and like the Meteorites Baby Glow, but that's not actual foundation I guess. I also like my Dior Forever, and I just bought a Givenchy one. They used it on me during a makeover in the store, and I really liked it. However, my HG will always be Jane Iredale. Sometimes I wonder why I keep others too, lol! Jane Iredale has huge colour selection too.

starletta8

I did what I swore I wouldn't do- bought bottle #2 of Meteorites primer. I know there are probably cheaper alternatives, but it works with all but 1 of my current foundations.... and we all know how rare that is!

Trying to resist replacing my Abeille Royale serum, which is on its last legs, and to hold off on buying a bottle of the Abeille Royale facial oil. I love the oil so much, but it goes so darned quickly!

Medgal07

Thank you ladies so much for all of your help!!
bouquet.gif
I also use Baby Glow and the Terracotta Joli Teint Healthy Glow Fluid Foundations which I LOVE!!!!

Shars

You guysssss. I haven't been keeping up to date on all the threads but has any one posted about Guerlain's upcoming Spring/Summer 2016 stuff? I want to know what is in that compact!! Looks like a new Voyage powder.

Anneri

Speaking of great powders, has anyone of you tried the Les Violettes compact powder by Guerlain? Experiences? Similarities to the Voyage one?

KateH22

Speaking of great powders, has anyone of you tried the Les Violettes compact powder by Guerlain? Experiences? Similarities to the Voyage one?
I have the Meteorites Voyage Enchante from this year and Les Voilettes compact in medium. I find that Les Voilettes is more matifying and also adds some colour. The Voyage powder , in my experience, doesn't add any colour, but still somehow manages to even out my complexion. The Voyage powder is also slightly matifying but it also makes my skin glow at the same time. And it blurs pores and provides a soft focus effect to the skin.

katred

Specktra Bestie
You guysssss. I haven't been keeping up to date on all the threads but has any one posted about Guerlain's upcoming Spring/Summer 2016 stuff? I want to know what is in that compact!! Looks like a new Voyage powder.
That blush...

Medgal07

Thanks Shars!!! I Would love to see swatches of that blush duo
eyelove.gif

Medgal07

That's the one in the regular line offering? I've never tried. Thinking of getting it Anneri?

Latest posts