Foundation Equivalencies

lenchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenchen
I'm a new guinea in NARS Sheer glow and i'm looking at it right now it definately has yellow undertones. I'm an NC 50 in MAC, and 177 in MUFE that foundation has yellow undertones if you go with NARS Trinidad, it is waay to dark for you and Benares would definately be too red as benares is red based.

I am also a nc 50 and I tried new guinea in the sheer glow it was ok a little flat looking. I looked on the Nars site and they have it listed as red undertones. I was thinking of trying New orleans but I'm not sure. Anyone else have this problem? I really want to try this foundation but the color matching for this is a little difficult.

New Orleans has red undertones..it was red against my skin, when I tried it. I contacted someone from NARS about New Guniea, they said do not worry about how they listed the product...
my foundation matches are

MAC NC50 /c8 in studio fix powder
MAC Matchmaster 7.5
MUFE Face and Body 12/44 44 being more neutral
MUFE Mat velevt +70
MUFE 177
BECCA tinited moisturizer in Nuba
BECCA foundation stick in Truffle.
BECCA pressed powder Cardamon
Bobbi Brown skin foundation 6.5 warm almond
Bobbi Brown foundation stick warm almond
Revlon colourstay in caramel
NARS sheer glow in Macao(mua matched me to this but it's too yellow) New Guinea looked better..
I want to try black opal's foundation stick does anyone have ideas on what I may be based on my foundation matches? I'm think of having it when my bobbi brown stuff runs out...

reesesilverstar

Hi ladies, I need some help. I'm interested in NARS sheer glow and tried out Macao, and while the tone is right, the hue is off as it leans obvious red on my skin. Is there a shade that's more yellow/golden, but not lighter?

SOMUCH2SHAY

You might want to try New Orleans. It still has yellow undertones, but it's a bit darker. If you have a freestanding Sephora nearby, they may have all of the colors on display and you can test each of them out. Once you find a couple of possible matches, I suggest taking samples home so you can see how they wear before wasting your money (Nars tends to oxidize).

Ebbychina

• Mac Studio Tech – NC44
  • Mac Studio Fix (Powder) – NC43 (but going to try NC45)
  • Mac Prolongwear – NC45
  • MUFE Face and Body – Camel (18)
  • Mary K Cream to Powder – Bronze 0.5

QueenOfSnark

-NC45 (too orange)
-NC44-42 (too ashy)
-C6 (too ashy)
-C7 (too red)
-MUFE Mat Velvet #70 (too red/brown)
-Chanel Mat Lumiere #05 Soft Honey (too ashy)
-Bobbi Brown Natural Finish Long Lasting Foundation #06 Golden (too orange)
Recent Additions:
-NARS Sheer Matte: Tahoe (perfect match, but doesn't last long AT ALL. Beads/runs)
-Chanel Perfection Lumiere: Beige Ambre 44-54 (too orange), Beige 60 (too light), Beige Ambre 34 (perfect, especially with a little KGD color corrector in Goldenrod mixed in)
-Chanel Double Perfection Compact: Suede (too light), Tawny (too red/dark), Honey-Ultime (slightly too light, but perfect if lightly applied)

I'd like to add that if you have trouble matching foundations due to needing more yellow, you MUST buy Koh Gen Do's Foundation Color Corrector in Goldenrod. A little dot will shift your foundation to a more true golden/yellow tone without making it lighter. Totally a lifesaver for me, and cheaper/easier than mixing several foundations.

Im looking for a foundation for my oily skin. I currently use Bobbi Brown Golden #6, BB concealer in Honey. Its a pretty good match. I have yellow tones.

M.A.C tends to be too red for me. Im in Houston and its so humid here this BB is wiping off my face and so oily.

Im thinking trying Chanel Mat Lumiere Luminous Matte Powder.. any ideas on a shade?

I was also thinking of trying the drug store brand Maybelline matte mousse in toffee or tan but I heard it will enlarge my pores

reesesilverstar

You might want to try New Orleans.  It still has yellow undertones, but it's a bit darker.  If you have a freestanding Sephora nearby, they may have all of the colors on display and you can test each of them out. Once you find a couple of possible matches, I suggest taking samples home so you can see how they wear before wasting your money (Nars tends to oxidize).
Thank you :) I do believe I've found my perfect foundation in Smashbox Studio skin 4.1. It's very comfortable, doesn't accentuate pores, lines, or flakies. I really like it so far.

QueenOfSnark

Im looking for a foundation for my oily skin. I currently use Bobbi Brown Golden #6, BB concealer in Honey. Its a pretty good match. I have yellow tones.

M.A.C tends to be too red for me. Im in Houston and its so humid here this BB is wiping off my face and so oily.

Im thinking trying Chanel Mat Lumiere Luminous Matte Powder.. any ideas on a shade?

I was also thinking of trying the drug store brand Maybelline matte mousse in toffee or tan but I heard it will enlarge my pores
If you're looking at Chanel foundations I'd go for Perfection Lumiere, it's pretty decent at oil control and I've had zero problems with it running/beading unlike NARS Sheer Matte. Look at the Beige Ambre range if you need yellow. I wear Beige Ambre 34, but I mix a little Koh Gen Do Foundation Color Corrector in Goldenrod to add a bit more yellow to it.

Sophi Bella

In MAC you would prob be NC50 (this usually carries yellow undertones), If you're more red then try the same in NW50.

*fabulosity*

hey guys I need some help...
I want to try this chanel mat lumiere and I went to a Nordstrom's counter yesterday... she tried the perfection lumiere on me in 94 Ambre and I hated it.. too red when I peeked outside to go look... She told me she couldn't help with the mat lumiere because it only comes in 6 shades? Is that true...? Online it looks like soft honey may work.. BUT then I searched on blogs and everyone whose wearing this seems to be several shades lighter than me.

I'm NW43 in MAC
Laura Mercier Toffee Bronze
NARS Macao
Clinique Ginger

Am I just out of luck on this one?

Thanks I will. You think the Chanel Perfection Lumiere would be better than the Matt Lumiere? For oily acne prone skin?

Going makeup shopping this week.

After reading all of the so very useful threads I'm thinking I should try

Nars In either Tahoe or Cadiz (been reading this is red which is a no go for me) but I will see at the counter.

M.A.C Mineralizied in med deep or dark

Chanel double perfection in Honey

Will update once Ive tried for a few days

califabulous

Finally found my HG foundation, Nars Sheer Matte in Tahoe. I get hella oily in the summer so it's perfect, doesn't slide off, doesn't change color an hour later, and stays put FOREVER. I'm hoping the shade isn't too different (if at all) in the Sheer Glow formulation.

I have strong yellow undertones, and Tahoe was the first to completely match my skin rather than mask it. Others I've tried:

-NC45 (too orange)
-NC44-42 (too ashy)
-C6 (too ashy)
-C7 (too red)
-MUFE Mat Velvet #70 (too red/brown)
-Chanel Mat Lumiere #05 Soft Honey (too ashy)
-Bobbi Brown Natural Finish Long Lasting Foundation #06 Golden (too orange)

MAC Select SPF 15 NC40
Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation SP15 4.25 Natural Tan or 4.5 Warm Natural
Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua B40 Beige Ambre
Chanel Teint Innocence (Compact) 4.5 Naturel (50)
Clinique Perfectly Real 28
Dior Capture Total 031
L'Oreal True Match W6 Sun Beige
Shiseido Dual Balancing O60

MAChostage

Just wanted to add some new finds for my NC44 complexion:

Estee Lauder Invisible Fluid Makeup: 5CN1
Avon (YES, Avon) Ideal Flawless Invisible Coverage Liquid Foundation: Soft Honey

Nadz Makeup

rwhat I did was to use NC50 studio tech and fix in the same colour and it brings it close..otherwise its misery to find my shade. I wear otherwise:

• Iman Clay 3 mixed with Clay 5,
  • Milani Spiced Almond,
  • Black Opal Nutmeg
  • Revlon Color Stay Caramel (400
  • Mary Kay Bronze 507

bunniamkp

[h=1][/h] [h=1]"Hello Flawless!" Oxygen Wow Liquid Foundation-"I'm All The Rage" Beige - natural beige for medium complexions[/h] Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup-4N1 Wheat

L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup-Sun Beige W6

MAC Pro Longwear-NW40

Ximylu

Hello ladies =))
I'm a NC40 STUDIO FIX in MAC, but I still feel like its not my shade..when I take pictures my face looks so much lighter than my neck. Should I try NW?? I have yellow under tones. I'm Hispanic. Hopefully this gives you an idea of my skin color. Any comments help thanx!

priscisely

Hello gorgeous ladies,

I just wanted to give my shade matches ( the best I have come across). I have very very yellow undertones and have been on the hunt for a long time to find good matches.

Nars sheer glow in Tahoe is amazing, but ever so sightly more pink than its counterpart in the sheer matte(this colour in matte is pretty perfect). The sheer glow in Tahoe is such a nice match as well and even though the colour is still a smidge pink, I love the formulation much more than the matte ( I have combination/oily skin). I do wish it stayed on longer in the very hot and humid tropical country I love in though :(

Nars Sheer Glow in Cadiz - too red, but still can work with a yellow based powder

MUFE HD in 153 and 173 mixed together is a good option too, helping to control oils better than the NARS.

BB foundation stick in golden is nice but a bit orange, and the BB oil free compact foundation in golden is more orange than the stick. Tends to be a bit slippery though so setting it is a must. BB creamy concealer in honey is a good match too

Laura Mercier secret Concealer in #4 really helps to brighten under the eye.

Chanel Perfection Lumiere in beige ambre #44-54 is too orange as well. :(

Estee Lauder Double Wear in 5W1 is too pink and dark

Mac Pro Longwear NC45 was wayyyyy too orange :(

Revlon Colorstay in Toast ran too pink

Havent tried, but eager to try the MUFE Mat Velvet + and I think #65 might be a good match but it is unavailable in Sephora and online :(

Hope this helped someone and if anyone has any suggestions for me please do let me know :)

This forum has been so helpful too so thanks everyone!

Latest posts