Foundation Equivalencies

dancer

Hi I usually wear Loreal W5.5/6 and estee lauder 3w1 (Invisible makeup). Anyone knows what's a good Bobbi Brown and Chanel(compact form) equivalent? I tried Revlon but can't seem to find a good match

Dancer

dancer

If you're NC 45 Estee Lauder Cashew will be too light....try intensity 4 or 5.. and check both the neutral and warm undertones. Good luck, I have a similar problem

ddthamaverick

Hi, I love makeup. The lipgloss, bb cream, eyeshadows and my all time fav mascara. The issue im having is finding the perfect shade equivalent. Im a sun beige in loreal true match, beach glow or bronze in too faced and honey in bobbi brow . Now Im trying to save money so I would like to see what color I would I would be in olay tone and rebab foundations, revlon photo ready / colorstay and loreal lumi. I have combo oily skin snd a few spots here and there but want to find the perfect shade. Please help.

xeynah

Hi, I need some help with Loreal true match and Revlon ColorStay shades. These are my somewhat close matches for other foundations: MAC: NC 40/42 MUFE: 153 NARS sheer glow: Barcelona (but this is slightly light for me) Thanks!

msroyalty2u

Here are my shades: Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Even Finish Compact Foundation (Warm Almond 6.5) Bobbi Brown Oil-Free Even Finish Compact Cream-to-Powder Foundation (Warm Almond 6.5) - Discontinued and replaced by above formula Bobbi Brown Sheer Finish Pressed Powder (Golden Orange) NARS Sheer Matte Liquid Foundation (Macao) NARS Powder Foundation w/ SPF 12 (Tahoe) Prescriptives Virtual Matte Oil-Control Liquid Foundation w/ SPF 15 (Fresh Ginger) - Satin Matte Finish Prescriptives Virtual Matte Pressed Powder (Level 4) MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation (NC45) MAC Blot Powder (Dark) Hard Candy So Baked Bronzer (Tropics 130) Does anyone have any shade recommendations for Giorgio Armani, Chanel and D&G Foundations (Oil-free formulas)? In Giorgio Armani, I was thinking "Soft Tan 160" might work, For reference, I have warm, yellow/orange undertones and oily skin.

Divad2013

I went and got matched to

M.A.C. - NC50 Mineralize Foundation

NARS - Macao - Medium-dark 4 - Medium-dark with deep yellow undertone

I am looking for something less expensive since I am very new to wearing foundation. If any one has any ideas I am open to them

trina11225

I heard the cover girl queen foundation outlast is really good. I just don't know u will match that, but you can always try and return to store. They don't sell it back.

Divad2013

I didn't know you could return foundation.. Learn something new everyday.. I will try that.. I might be out of luck when it comes to drug store foundation

MzBrownBeauty

Benefit Hello Flawless in Nutmeg (this foundation has more of a yellow base) MAC Prolong Wear in NW 45 MAC Studio Fix powder NW 45 MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Deep Smashbox HD Foundation in Dark 2 (summer shade) Laura Mercier TM in Mocha Covergirl Natureluxe in Brazilnut 370 Smashbox TM in Dark Maybelliene BB Cream in Deep Lancome Color Ideal in IV-20 (discontinued)
Thought I would add these to my list: MUFE Mat Velvet 75 (80 was a little too dark) I mix this with a little Smashbox D2 and it ends up perfect! Estee Lauder Double Wear in Truffle (Just bought this so will add later if the shade worked)

Copperhead

I went and got matched to

M.A.C. - NC50 Mineralize Foundation

NARS - Macao - Medium-dark 4 - Medium-dark with deep yellow undertone

I am looking for something less expensive since I am very new to wearing foundation. If any one has any ideas I am open to them
Try Revlon Colorstay in Caramel or one of CoverGirl Queen All Day Flawless. I wear MAC's NC50 and in CG Queen ADF I wear Q825/Golden Honey.

http://www.covergirl.com/beauty-pro...tion-makeup/queen-all-day-flawless-foundation

Divad2013

Thank you I will try those..... I am learning how to use and apply foundation so I don't want to spend so much money to learn.

MissTT

I didn't know you could return foundation.. Learn something new everyday.. I will try that.. I might be out of luck when it comes to drug store foundation
You will definitely find a shade in the CG Queen All Day Flawless. There are so many shades especially for us brown girls. I started a thread about it here: http://www.specktra.net/t/183062/covergirl-queen-collection-all-day-flawless-foundation It is my favorite foundation surpassing the following in my collection: Urban Decay Naked, Make Up For Ever HD, Armani Maestro Fusion, Estee Lauder Invisible, Estee Lauder DoubleWear Light, Lancome Teint Idole Ultra, MAC Studio Fix, Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer, NARS Tinted Moisturizer. Those are off the top of my head. As you can see I don't really mess with drugstore makeup yet this is my Holy Grail.

missmelsie

I have been trying out loads of different foundations trying to find something for my Indian skin tone. I am medium-tan with yellow/golden undertones. Here are my thoughts:

Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Even Finish / Skin Foundation: Honey matches perfectly but my neck is a little lighter

MAC Studio Fix Fluid: NC 42 is too light, NC44 and NC45 too orange. I've heard there's an NC43.5 but I don't know where to get it!

MAC Pro Longwear: NC42 is too light and NC45 too orange

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Foundation: 4W2 Toasty Toffee suits me perfectly. 4W1 Honey Bronze washed me out and the neutral 4N2 Spiced Sand wasn't too bad but still a little ashy.

NARS Sheer Glow: Syracuse looked too "brown" on me and didn't look natural, but Barcelona is too light. I can't get Tahoe in New Zealand to try it out but I don't think it will suit

NARS Sheer Matte: Syracuse was WAY too light!

I want to try MAC Matchmaster - I think I might be a 4.0 or a 5.0? But I'm really looking for something that's great at oil control but still looks natural, while evening out my skin tone a little bit so my neck doesn't look ridiculously lighter than my face. Does anyone have any suggestions?

MissTT

My neck is lighter, too, missmelsie. All the MUAs have been telling me that's normal and I should bronze my neck. I've resisted b/c it just seems like so much makeup and it'd get on my clothes and stuff. Yuck! I have tried it once, however, and it did help. That NC43.5 exists in India I believe. Do you know anyone there who could check into it for you?

MzBrownBeauty

Yep, if it doesn't work just return it. I bought Covergirl Queen 3 in 1 foundation from Target but the shade was to light and gave me a gray cast, so I returned it. Maybelline's BB cream in deep is really good. Its more like a tinted moisturizer but it provides a nice coverage. I've also heard good things about Black Opal.

chanz000

Hiya.

I am in the UK and have very orangey skin.

When i first started out i opted for MAC but several years on MAC just isn't working for me. I really want to try Lancome, YSL or Estee Lauder??

Any suggestions what shade I would be?

I am a:

Mac - Studio Sculpt NC45
Chanel- Perfection Lumiere Beige Ambre #64
Bobbi Brown-Long wear even finish Golden

Chanz

Latest posts