The Dupe Thread: If you have... you don't really need...

wishingforsn0w

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocodivatime
If I have Firespot do I need Coppering?

If I have Smut do I need Typographic?

If I have Twinks, Smoke and diamonds and Mulch do I need Sable?

Typographic is much easier to blend and work with, the matte2 finish really makes a difference IMO. Although typographic is a slightly softer black, if you like that look. as compared to Smut, which is stronger and a bit more harsh.

juicy415

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukinamama
what would be dupe for mutiny pigment in eyeshadows?tx

uhh... silverthorn? i wanna know also

Laurie

Not too sure if these were mentioned:

If you have Steamy you don't need Waternymph and vice versa
If you have Juxt you don't need MES Fresh Green Mix and vice versa
If you have Deep Truth you don't need MES Sea and Sky and vice versa

**This is based on my skin tone**

cocodivatime

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishingforsn0w
Typographic is much easier to blend and work with, the matte2 finish really makes a difference IMO. Although typographic is a slightly softer black, if you like that look. as compared to Smut, which is stronger and a bit more harsh.

Thanks for the reply. I'm so dumb I went through part of my stash today to "inventory" before I placed my final MAC order and i realized that I already have both typographic AND Smut.

Thats when you know that you have too much.
nonono.gif

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:

Nothing. Sorry. You could try another brand, but there's nothing close in the MAC perm line.

Quote:
If I have Firespot do I need Coppering?

If I have Smut do I need Typographic?

If I have Twinks, Smoke and diamonds and Mulch do I need Sable?

- Firespot is an orangey with a hint of gold and red. Very different from Coppering which is closer to deep red/orange rust and IMO Coppering has better color pay-off, so yes, they are different enough to warrant having both.

- Smut and Typographic are very different. First Typographic is matte and Smut isn't and Smut is a deep dark blackish brown with a slightly red duo-chrome. I don't own Typographic so I can't give you a wonderful color description, but they are different.

- If you have Twinks and Mulch I'd say you don't have to have Sable. They are a bit different, but how many dark, earthy browns do you really need?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurie
Not too sure if these were mentioned:

If you have Steamy you don't need Waternymph and vice versa
If you have Juxt you don't need MES Fresh Green Mix and vice versa
If you have Deep Truth you don't need MES Sea and Sky and vice versa

**This is based on my skin tone**

- Waternypmh is WAY more green/teal/aqua than Steamy and with better color payoff. Waternymph reminds me of the Jungle Green Crayola crayon. Anyone remember that color? I understand that everyone has a different opinion on dupes and every color looks different to everyone and on their skin, but those two aren't dupes IMO.

- I'd say Juxt and FGM are close enough, but FGM has the better texture.

- I'd say Deep Contrast is much darker that S&S. The bluer side of S&S is vibrant, true blue while Deep Contrast closer to a navy.

SakuraDelia

Quote:

fafinettex3 did a video about this:

[youtube]2t-BnLzBE2Q[/youtube]

Karen_B

Quote:
Anyone? The last thing i want to do is buy a highlighter that I don't need

I don't think Dazzlelight is similar to any of those (not having seen Creme de Miel).

wifey806

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dollfaced
Is there a dupe for UD zero e/s?
& mac brave new bronze l/s?
TIA.

ug! the MAC artist just told me TONIGHT what the dupe was for Brave New Bronze. Lemme think...
th_confused_new.gif
It started with a 'c'? Well at least we know there *is* a perm. dupe!!

Laurie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle

- Waternypmh is WAY more green/teal/aqua than Steamy and with better color payoff. Waternymph reminds me of the Jungle Green Crayola crayon. Anyone remember that color? I understand that everyone has a different opinion on dupes and every color looks different to everyone and on their skin, but those two aren't dupes IMO.

- I'd say Juxt and FGM are close enough, but FGM has the better texture.

- I'd say Deep Contrast is much darker that S&S. The bluer side of S&S is vibrant, true blue while Deep Contrast closer to a navy.

Yup.. Skin colour definately makes a difference, I swatched all of these side by side and asked someone who isn't into makeup if they look different and they said 'no'.. Which I knew already.. But just wanted to make sure.. And I said Deep Truth.. As far as I know there is no e/s called Deep Contrast.. I could be wrong.. There is one called Contrast though.. Which is also a dark blue.
smiles.gif

twilightessence

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifey806
ug! the MAC artist just told me TONIGHT what the dupe was for Brave New Bronze. Lemme think...
th_confused_new.gif
It started with a 'c'? Well at least we know there *is* a perm. dupe!!

I've heard Cherish is a dupe for BNB. Which is good, cause I love my BNB LOL.

fallenang3l211

Re: If you have...you don't really need....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonyannette
Ooh this is a great thread!!

If you have Hepcat you dont need Purple Shower

If you have Girlie you dont need Rio De Rosa

If you have Silver Ring you dont need Swan Lake

If you have Embark you dont need Twinks

If you have Brun you dont need Concrete

If you have Shale you dont need Quarry or Haux

If you have Swiss Chocolate you dont need Espresso

If you have Humid you dont need Sprout or Greensmoke

If you have Deep Truth you dont need Contrast

If you have Tan Ray paint you dont need Structural Brown paint

If you have Sharkskin shadestick you dont need Graphito paint

If you have Jadeye Fluidline you dont need Delphic Fluidline

I strongly and respectfully disagree. I'm sorry! I have both humid and greensmoke..and they are VERY different. Humid is very bright and vibrant where as greensmoke is darker and a glittery (damn lustre shadows and their fallout!)

My two cents...

Sumptuous Olive/Henna (ugh...regret regret regret!)

Knight/Knight Divine

Mulch/Romp

Shroom/Femme Fi

Wishful/Naked Lunch

Karen_B

Are there any good dupes for Et Tu, Bouquet from Rose Romance? They still have it at my counter and I am wondering if I should get it before it's gone.

plasticLVR

ok, awesome thread. I just purchased Bronze and I got home and realised it is the SAME color as tempting.....They look TOTALLY diff. in pan but man oh man when you swatch them side by side they are identical!!!!!!!!!!!!UGGGHHHH!

wifey806

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen_B
Are there any good dupes for Et Tu, Bouquet from Rose Romance? They still have it at my counter and I am wondering if I should get it before it's gone.

I didn't buy it because it reminded me of Seedy Pearl which I never use anyways. I wonder if Seedy Pearl or Nanogold could be dupes? Any opinions on that?
shrugs.gif

Latest posts