Von Lee Make-Up School

M.A.C.tastic

hey there again, congrats on starting. i am so sorry about mrs. thomas, i know she has been having foot problems or maybe it is unrelated. either way, i am not sure who the new teacher is but i am sure she will be fine. mrs. thomas prepared us but not formally. it was basically like when she was talking or when we would go through stuff she would say, pay attention you will need to know this etc. about the makeup, it is true, if you can make someone look good with that stuff, you can do anything, but the real experience comes from outsude work, experimenting with colors etc. do be so hard pressed when you leave the class to do everything so exact. as far as the exam, the last day you will have a written exam, very easy, i beleive it was some multiple choice and some written, but def. study color chart and such. for the practical the teacher will pair you into pairs and you will do it on each other. not hard at all. after you pass the class you can go online an apply at the maryland dept. labor and licensing etc. they will tell you how. good luck, keep us updated!!!!

FacesbyNiki

I love to see threads like this when people are sharing info.
smiles.gif

miinx

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.C.tastic
hey there again, congrats on starting. i am so sorry about mrs. thomas, i know she has been having foot problems or maybe it is unrelated. either way, i am not sure who the new teacher is but i am sure she will be fine. mrs. thomas prepared us but not formally. it was basically like when she was talking or when we would go through stuff she would say, pay attention you will need to know this etc. about the makeup, it is true, if you can make someone look good with that stuff, you can do anything, but the real experience comes from outsude work, experimenting with colors etc. do be so hard pressed when you leave the class to do everything so exact. as far as the exam, the last day you will have a written exam, very easy, i beleive it was some multiple choice and some written, but def. study color chart and such. for the practical the teacher will pair you into pairs and you will do it on each other. not hard at all. after you pass the class you can go online an apply at the maryland dept. labor and licensing etc. they will tell you how. good luck, keep us updated!!!!

Mrs. Walderman is the owner of Von Lee, she is actually responsible for helping create the curriculums and state board exams for MD state esthetics and make up artistry license many many years ago.
smiles.gif

I was in the class with Marianne in Sept 06, it was great and so wonderful to get to work on people of so many ethnicities and skin types.

slvrlips

*** Update****
I graduated from school on 04/12/07 and since then I have made 13 new friends gained lots of tips, work, etc. The school was Great. For all those thinking of going here I say go out of all the people I know that have gone to different schools Von Lee had the best kit (imo) Remember you will learn the basics and all your creative ideas will come from you and your classmates.

miinx

Quote:
Originally Posted by yummy411
sounds like a deal.. right slvrlips!? i wonder how the cco's are in bmore?

the hagerstown cco is FABULOUS if you are willing to travel!

ninahxd

OMG. only if theres thread discussion like this about schools in NYC. GOOD LUCK! i wish you the besttt! and dont forget to share tips and tricks on specktra so i can read =)

slvrlips

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.C.tastic
congrats!!!! now we have to get together and do some makeup!!!!

This would be great
Name the time and place & I'm there
You have been soo helpful
Thanks so much for your encouraging words

slvrlips

Quote:
Originally Posted by yummy411
sounds like a deal.. right slvrlips!? i wonder how the cco's are in bmore?

Hey yummy
it sure does sound like a deal
I hear the cco in hagerstown is awesome

AspiringMA

Hello,

I know this post is super old , but Im looking to this school and i found your info to be really helpful!... what are the schedules like? Im trying to find a school that can work with or around my work schedule which is crazy (11-8) Mon-Fri...do you have any idea of how their scheduling is?

Latest posts