keeping mac boxes

saniyairshad

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlahWah
My husband didn't know I keep all my boxes in a drawer and accidentally opened it one day... let's just say he questioned for awhile what kind of person he married...
rofl.gif

He's asked me to throw them out and it's hard for me to because most of my products are LE and I'm reminded of how I saved for these items, the fun I had buying them... I know, pathetic. *sigh* I'm planning to at least flatten them to make more room and in case I need them for reselling, but once we move into our (yet-to-be-bought) condo I'll probably toss all but Lure and Barbie.... and maybe the msf's... and palettes... aiyah!

oh.my.God, that is exactly what my fiancee said too!!! He was like r u insane? Then he questioned himself whether he wanted to marry me! Haha!!! I love my plastic inserts to my MSFs...I feel they're protected that way, I don't know from what, but in the back of my head I think they are, I'm crazy I know;-) Haha

Artemis

I recycle the boxes. I don't need anymore clutter in my room...besides it would be a pain for me to have to remove that item each time I wanted to use it.

Aprilrobin

I toss them immediately.
That would be way too much of a pain in the ass to open and repackage something every time I used it. And then I'd have to remember what every color looks like by name.
A bag full of boxes would only be extra evidence of how much makeup I own.
I can only imagine the look of horror on my boyfriend's face if he found something like that.
That's almost something out of a horror move.

TRASH!

divaster

I keep a lot of my stuff in the boxes.. e/s palettes/quads, powders, MSFs, and my special packaging e/s like Lure. I was just thinking yesterday when I had to take my Sultress quad out of the box what a waste of time it is, but I like it neat!! The worst is the holiday e/s palette because I have to fit that little beaded tassle thing in the little compartment in the box.
lol.gif

jillianjiggs

i have most of my eyeshadow boxes but they just sit there in a bag. i should toss them, i just was too lazy to throw them out and so many of them piled up. all my eyeshadows are depotted anyways.

i keep my brushes in their sleeves just because. it especially makes my 187 stay the shape i like.

all my msfs are in their boxes because it makes it easier for me to stack them at the bottom of my traincase.

queenofdisaster

i throw my boxes away. but i am planning to keep the barbie boxes just because they are cute. and i just bought a zandra lipstick, and its in the box, and i plan on keeping it too.
winks.gif

stellarx1587

The make up I don't use very often are kept in their boxes in clear plastic storage bins in alphabetical order. HAHAHA. So when I open it I can just look down the rows and find it. But all my other stuff... like the stuff I use all the time and permanent items I throw the boxes away.

rouquinne

i put them in the recycling bin right away.

MAC is all about recycling, that's how Frank and Frank set it up all those years ago.

coachkitten

Okay I think it is time that I throw my MAC boxes away!
smiles.gif
I have some sort of attachment to keeping the products in a box but I think it is time to let go.

ARmakeupjunkie

At one point, I throw out all boxes after I had used the item two or three times. That is usually how long it takes me to decide if I really wanted to keep or needed the product. Now, I keep the boxes and the products inside the boxes. Why? Storage! My makeup case is full! I now keep the products in the boxes and store the items in a drawer organizer. It's easier for me to find what I am looking for because I can see the color name on the box. In the makeup case, everything if flat so I can see the color and I don't need to see the names.

TM26

At first I didn't because it was too much of a hassle. Now I do though. It looks much neater, and keeps my products in better condition. I also love some of the packaging like the Barbie collection. My 4 year old daughter loves looking through my make up and organizing it. This way I feel a tad safer when she handles it. Plus less likely it will get damaged in my train case. I do throw out the plastic inserts.

Sti43

I keep all my boxes for some odd reason. I should throw them out, but I don't. I think I should.
smiles.gif

User40

I was keeping just the LE boxes. I flattened them out so they wouldn't take up as much space. Then I told myself, this is sick, storing empty boxes, so I recycled them. Now I'm kind of sorry I did.
weeping.gif
If it makes you happy, why not keep them?

I couldn't part with the ones from the GEM collection m/u case and my Mystery Powder. I might keep some of the Barbie boxes too.

It's too bad we can't B2M the boxes.

Holly

I just toss em, even the LE ones like my barbie ones. I dont need something I'm not going to use to take up more space in my house
tong.gif

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly
I just toss em, even the LE ones like my barbie ones. I dont need something I'm not going to use to take up more space in my house
tong.gif

*sigh* You sound so healthy... I will attain that mindset someday!

starangel2383

i have a drawer full of the empty boxes, all of them are limited edition boxes that i can't seem to get rid of as well. but i need more space for my palettes from urban decay and toofaced. i dont know what i should do? should i get rid of them or find a way to better store them?

soonari

Until now I've been throwing away the boxes but not sure if I should do the same for LE products

Latest posts