heavy coverage foundation

lotus

i need some recommendations for heavy coverage foundation for my mom. for several years, she's had melasma and it's been getting a bit worse. they're not just small spots here and there, they're actually covering her cheeks and chin area. she's tried a lot of heavy coverage foundation out in the market, but with that usually comes cakeyness, clogged pores and even the look of wearing heavy foundation. so far, the only one that looks decent enough is one by estee lauder (blue tube) foundation.

i've been thinking of buying her dermablend (hard to find), dermacia or coverfx. any recommendations on that? or can you please recommend a heavy coverage foundation that will possibly not look cakey or clog pores? thanks!

BunnyBunnyBunny

My favorite foundation is by MAC. Studio Fix Fluid foundation has a high coverage. You should stop by a MAC counter and see if she likes the coverage of it, and perhaps ask them for a sample of it to try a few times. =)

Simply Elegant

I'd choose Cover FX. I use the cream foundation as concealer and it doesn't look or feel heavy. I use a bit of powder foundation on top and it looks flawless.

VioletB

I actually work at the Estee Lauder counter and I must tell you that the only thing that I have found that covers like the Maximum Cover (blue tube) is the Dermablend cover creme.. (We don't have a dermablend representative in our store so we all have to play from time to time.) HOWEVER.. I wouldn't reccomend cover creme over the whole face.. it's super thick and you have to use setting powder to help it stay in place and remover to take it off. It would work great as a spot treatment, though. A couple of tips for the Maximum Cover.. if it looks too cakey, mix it with a little moisturizer (not much, just a little dab) and apply it with a foundation brush. The moisturizer thins it out a little bit without taking away any coverage and the brush ensures an even application. (Sheesh now I really sound like a salesperson) I tried this on a client the other day who had broken capillaries all over her face from a botched cosmetic procedure and it worked beautifully.
cheerleader.gif

Good luck.. I hope this helps

VioletB

PS..

Before I say this I must acknowledge the fact that I LOVE MAC, however, I have a lot of clients come in looking for heavy coverage foundations (powder/liquid) that have used Studio Fix and their only complaint is they break out badly from it, and it seems to clog pores. I CANNOT say this is a fact because I have never tried it myself, but, that is the #1 complaint about it. :confused:

noahlowryfan

i thought Studio Fix Fluid broke me out but after trying it again and actually use a cleanser to take it off, i didn't broke out from it.

Latest posts