Macy's interview for a Beauty Consultant Position?

macBARBIE

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum =)

I have always wanted to apply to a make-up counter, however I didn't really know the ways to do so. Just recently I applied to macy's for a beauty consultant position, and I was just curious because my interview does not say for which counter?

I was just wondering if anyone knows what this will consist of or if I would know what company I'm interviewing for within Macy's.

Thank you for any help =) Also, any suggestions/advice? It didn't tell me any specific company so I don't know if I should go with the all black/full face of makeup / nice hair look. Or for just the regular professional look..thanks!

-MacBARBIE

MACisME

they usually hire u as a "bench" which means u'd be working at whatever counter they need u at unless they need someone at a specific counter then they'll hire u for that line but u would also have to interview with the line's account manager too.. HTH!

Piaqua

I actually just went through the same experience as you. They did actually need someone for a specific counter (Clinique) and I was only told that once I got to my interview with the cosmetics manager. It was (in my humble opinion) a really easy interview; most of it was the manager talking to me about policy, and the all important customer registries. The next step was to talk w/ the Clinique people and talent plus.

I wish I could tell you more, but I havent done the next step yet (just went in for the interview earlier this week), and probably wont be doing it. I need a full time job, and this one is only part time. :/

As for what to wear, MACYs uniform is all black (some counters will have a uniform though, but it will be all black under it anyway) so you cant go wrong with that, though I'm sure nice professional attire would be fine. And since you don't know the line, just wear a well applied polished makeup look.

trojanchick99

I work for Macy's, not in cosmetics though. The first interview will usually be done by the recruitment manager. Then they will have their Cosmetics manager interview you. Eventually you will interview with the specific counter. It's not an intense interview. Good luck.

macBARBIE

OH MY GOODNESS let me tell you ladies this was a COMPLETE waste of my time...SO I applied online for a Specific position..Beauty Consultant Retail Part time...The next day I got an email saying I have an interview (group). So yesterday I showed up to the interview thinking it was an interview for the specific position I applied for, little to know there were about 15 other people there. This "interview" was for ANY position in the store such as recieving/sending (which i really don't know what it is) stock, blah blah blah...so the recruitment manager / hiring manager asked me what department I wanted to work for and I said cosmetics and asked if I had any cosmetic background and of course I dont....Well to make a long story short, I guess I am not even qualified to work at a counter and macy's has this new thing called "associate to cosmetic artist" or something I forogt the name. But it's like a training program. Anyways, I'm just upset that they post up these positions and actually e-mail me back for an interview which it wasn't even for the position I applied for. I'm sorry but I think I have better things to do in 2 hours than sitting in a boring group interview. I even spoke with the hiring manager and asked why they even asked me to come in when he knew damn well there's no open positions available for this posting! ahh oh my. I guess I'll just give up on working at a counter. It was a disaster! Total waste of time!

Latest posts