Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 Last

Mixing Medium...

What's this?
    How do I use it?
    What's the effect?

I'm a little confused at what your asking. Are you referencing Mixing Medium? LMK and I'll try to answer your question as best as I can, but if I can't there are a plethra of fellow MAC addicts that will be happy to assist.
    |Jessica|

Mixing medium is a glycerin-and-liquid mixture designed to turn dry products into moist products, or to change the consistency of already-moist products. You can use it with a pigment to turn the loose powder into something more like a liquid liner or paint.

MAC currently produces two versions of mixing medium- water based (eyesafe) and alcohol based.

A reasonable facsimilie of mixing medium can be achieved by combining glycerine and water. Just dilute with water, I think the proportions are 3 parts water to 1 part glycerin. The alcohol-based mixing medium (not for the eye area) can be made the same way (alcohol plus glycerin for something that dries quickly on the body).
    J'aurais voulu ne pas mourir, j'aurais voulu ne jamais grandir, j'aurais voulu me casser l'ame.

Specktra.net FAQ Forum: http://specktra.net/forumdisplay.php?f=190
    Specktra Industry Discussion Forum: http://specktra.net/forumdisplay.php?f=194

Where can you buy the glycerine?
    Stalkers can find me under this username @ MUA, Ebay, LJ & Hotmail...

any pharmacy should carry glycerine.
    J'aurais voulu ne pas mourir, j'aurais voulu ne jamais grandir, j'aurais voulu me casser l'ame.

Are you talking about a pro product?

I use EZR (Eye Zone Remoistureizer) as a mixing medium for my pigments..... I think it's about $24.....

hope that helps.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacArtistFauryn
    Are you talking about a pro product?

I use EZR (Eye Zone Remoistureizer) as a mixing medium for my pigments..... I think it's about $24.....

hope that helps.

Wow! Mixing medium is only like $14 or so...

You may only be one person to the world-but you maybe the world to one person.

Yes, mixing medium is a PRO product.

Besides ebay if i don't live near a pro store is there any way to get mixing medium?? i want to try it so bad!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by makeupmartyr
    Besides ebay if i don't live near a pro store is there any way to get mixing medium?? i want to try it so bad!

You could order it from the 1-800 number.

Matte and Mixing Medium?

I was trying to find the Mixing Medium on the MAC site and I can't seem to find it. Where can I buy it and how much is it? Also, I have a problem with creasing when i use eyeshadows. I use CCB's but I still crease. Have any of you tried the Matte on your lids to stop creasing? Does it work? Or what tricks do you guys have?

I THINK you can only get the mixing mediums at the pro store but don't quote me on that.

What i do is use some paint, then CCB, then shadow it lasts for ages without creasing!
    Something about you now
    I can't quite figure out
    Everything she does is beautiful
    Everything she does is right

mixing medium is only sold at Pro Stores. I can get it for you if you want. Theres a Pro store by my house. Send me a note.

MAC Mixing Medium....ideas?

Ideas on how YOU use MAC Mixing Medium, can anyone share?
    Thank you!
    Rebecca
    State Licensed Esthetician and Makeup Artist
    Our clients inspire us...be inspired!
    www.jtabordesign.comAdvertising Design ***********************************

I generally use this whenever i use my pigments or any powder eyeshadow. I apply it using my finger, because i find a brush tends to absorb most of it, and then wait for it to dry a bit and then apply shadows or pigment on top. Or you can use it with loose shadows by mixing them with the medium first and then applying the mixture to your lid...you cna also use it to make eyeliners from pigments/loose shadows. It's great because it's so versatile.

is it a PRO product?
    Heaven is P-I-N-K!!!

yup. pro store only

Mixing the loose shadows with some mixing medium and then adding them to clear polish or clear mascara is nice too.
    Puttin on the Glitz
    http://www.myspace.com/allthatglitz

"Random thought: I want a toaster that toasts the MAC logo onto my bread. It may only be psychological but it would make my toast taste so much better."

Thanks for the input.
    How much is the mixing medium? Since my hubby put me on a makeup budget it's hard to get anything these days. hehehe

Its like $14 plus tax I think...

I use it and it doesnt crease at all, I dont know that I would use the matte on my eyes..

CCB's are notorius for creasing. Try using paints as your base instead.

I've never tried the matte on my lids, but it's currently out company-wide. I called five different MACs to try and find it for a co-worker and none of them have it.

Why not try the new eyebase that's coming out with Prep and Prime?
    - Shanna

...fair and cold, like a morning of pale spring...

Glorie.... I would love if you could get one for me.

where are you located? pay for it plus shipping and handling...

I acutally bought Paula Dorf Transformer today so I won't be needing the mixing medium. Thanks though.

i use the hell out of this stuff.
    i mix it with pigments or shadows. foiling is really nice with this stuff. wetlining. um, i mix it with all-girl sometimes and apply it to my lips under clear lipglass. um, the glitter pigments really stand out and *sparkle* *sparkle* with it too.
    it's addicting. imo, anywho :-)
    fall seven times, stand up eight

As far as the two versions of this, which one do you all prefer, and why? Or for different purposes? I know one is water-based, I forget what the second one is!

Water based, cream based (face & body) and alcohol based.
    Ive never personally used the alcohol based.

I use the water based for my eyes, whenever i want a bold look, or to help my look stay all day, or to help adhere pigments or e/s. I also mix it with pigments to create either a really metallic or satinny look.

The cream I use on my face or wherever when I use glitter. It really helps it stick, and it stays put with it, but I dont believe it is eye safe (hence the water based one).

HTH!

Wet eyeshadows?

I've heard about putting on your shadows while it's wet??? I might be saying it wrong, but what exactly is this? are you supposed to add water to your brush and then apply the shadow?

I suppose you dip the brush in water than apply... for greater intensity! :P

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 Last