Bobbi Brown Discussion & Must-haves

Prettypackages

Really? I always thought her shadows were decent. Maybe they aren't highly pigmented b/c the line leans towards natural makeup?
She has a shade called Camel that I love. I also love Taupe.

boschicka

Really? I always thought her shadows were decent. Maybe they aren't highly pigmented b/c the line leans towards natural makeup?

I have quite a few singles that I like, but have had quite a few duds too. Camel is definitely a great one! Burnt Sugar and Cognac are also nice. I really like that CCOs have a lot of the single e/s available.

ARmakeupjunkie

I have what seems like a ton of her single eyeshadows and a few different palettes. I love her shadows and some of my favorite eyeshadow palettes are BB.

boschicka

I have what seems like a ton of her single eyeshadows and a few different palettes. I love her shadows and some of my favorite eyeshadow palettes are BB.

You're so fortunate to have such good experiences. I guess with products like these with such mixed reviews, it's just better for people to swatch in person if they can. Although, those Laura Mercier illuminators swatched so nicely for me, but didn't apply very well with a brush or last throughout the day either. :mecry:So sad.

Miradan

FYI, Bobbibrown.com is having 20% off a $50 order and free shipping today. I may have picked up three lipsticks :rolleyes:

MissTania

Has anyone noticed the there is a new highlighter, Opal Glow, in one of the holiday sets?

I swatched it a few weeks ago and it was really gorgeous and shimmery, but the full price was obscene considering I am not very interested in the rest of the set. It is now on sale and I'm going to have a another look today.

I just did a Live Chat and asked if Opal Glow would be released as a single and was told they had no information about that possibility.

Bobbi Brown Holiday 2016 Gift Giving Collection: Bobbi’s Party Picks Cheek, Lip & Eye Kit – KISS & MAKE-UP BEAUTY BLOG

Bobbi Brown Holiday Gift Giving Collection 2016 | Photos, Swatches & Top Picks – Bubbly Michelle

This youtuber bought the set primarily for Opal Glow, tune in at the 5 min mark for the review and the 8 min mark for comparison to Sunset Glow:

Bobbi Brown Party Picks Set for Holiday 2016 - YouTube

boschicka

Has anyone noticed the there is a new highlighter, Opal Glow, in one of the holiday sets?

I swatched it a few weeks ago and it was really gorgeous and shimmery, but the full price was obscene considering I am not very interested in the rest of the set. It is now on sale and I'm going to have a another look today.

I just did a Live Chat and asked if Opal Glow would be released as a single and was told they had no information about that possibility.

Bobbi Brown Holiday 2016 Gift Giving Collection: Bobbi’s Party Picks Cheek, Lip & Eye Kit – KISS & MAKE-UP BEAUTY BLOG

Bobbi Brown Holiday Gift Giving Collection 2016 | Photos, Swatches & Top Picks – Bubbly Michelle

This youtuber bought the set primarily for Opal Glow, tune in at the 5 min mark for the review and the 8 min mark for comparison to Sunset Glow:

Bobbi Brown Party Picks Set for Holiday 2016 - YouTube

Yes! I own it. I posted about it awhile back, but maybe in the Sephora thread, so...crickets. It's very pretty and unique. Has that opalescent quality (hence opal glow, der) to it that makes it unlike the other highlighters in her collection.

MissTania

Yes! I own it. I posted about it awhile back, but maybe in the Sephora thread, so...crickets. It's very pretty and unique. Has that opalescent quality (hence opal glow, der) to it that makes it unlike the other highlighters in her collection.

I agree, it really is unique and I had to have it - that opalescent quality you mentioned hit the nail on the head and lured me in!

fur4elise

image.jpeg

I confess I've been drooling over the Havana Brights Illuminating Cheek Palettes, especially Guava! Perfect for spring & summer!
The other is Peach @lipstickaddict ~ my cheek twin over in the MAC ED thread :tee:
I have both in my lust list and most likely will pick up both when I find them on sale ;) ~ $50 each

For some reason I pass over BB. I guess it really is because the edgier, buzz worthy brands get my attention, and BB is a sleeper brand.

Last edited:

fur4elise

Good for her. I am glad she is standing firm with her believes.

:yes: I agree Monsy! It was a great read and her story speaks to staying true to you! She found her own strengths and point of view and it resonates with lots of ladies!

Latest posts