Page 1 of 64 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: NYX Products

NYX Products

Where can you buy these eyeshadows at? I have heard so much about them and I was curious to check them out!
    "I never think of myself as an icon. What is in other people's minds is not in my mind. I just do my thing.â - Audrey Hepburn

I saw them at the Discount Perfume Outlet in Tannersville PA.

Here are a few links for em
    http://www.mydivascloset.com/ulpeeyeshfrn.html

and the main site

http://www.nyxcosmetics.com/eyeshadowtiro.htm

if you buy some please let me know how they compare to mac's!

You may only be one person to the world-but you maybe the world to one person.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mac_obsession
    I saw them at the Discount Perfume Outlet in Tannersville PA.

Here are a few links for em
    http://www.mydivascloset.com/ulpeeyeshfrn.html

and the main site

http://www.nyxcosmetics.com/eyeshadowtiro.htm

if you buy some please let me know how they compare to mac's!

I sure will - I have heard alot about this line ( esp. the e/s ) so I thought I would give it a try!

Thanks for the info!
    "I never think of myself as an icon. What is in other people's minds is not in my mind. I just do my thing.â - Audrey Hepburn

I get mine from Longs and some beauty supply stores.
    You know that you're an addict when you go to a MAC counter and the MA knows your name; and you've never been to that counter before.

i got set number 12 of the trio [golden/rust/walnut bronze] at the "Fragrance Outlet" in the Tanger Outlet of Branson, MO.

all the colours are beautiful, but just to let you know:: in the pictures on their site it makes the "rust" look orange, it's way red. probably really close to mac's "coppering." and the "golden" is more of a dull orangey colour. the walnut also looks sorta reddish on the site, but it's really a chocolately-brown. all of the colours work extremely well for me, i would recommend them.

right now i'm really craving the trio set number 10. tropical colours...oooooo.

haha, hope i helped you out a bit!! good luck--

I knew these sounded familiar. I have bought the loose eye shadow but I wasn't really impressed with it. I gave it to my mom. I was hoping they would be like Mac pigments, and they weren't. The colour was really nice for the first couple of hours and then faded away into oblivion. That said, it was way before I knew about shadesticks or primer potion. I might go and buy some tommorow. They were totally cheap so if they have staying power over a s/s, they would be worth it. I will let everyone know how they are.
    :holysheep:

I've never met a lipgloss I didn't lick

I thought I'd give the loose eye shadows another try, but I just didn't like them. The colour was pretty in the bottle (penny) but the colour payoff wasn't there. When I applied it, the copper colour disappeared and left a black smudge behind. This was over a shadestick too. Plus I had an allergic reaction to it and my eyes swelled shut. I am not a fan of the loose e/s, but the regular e/s were cheap and looked really pretty. I might try them next time, hopefully with better results.
    :holysheep:

I've never met a lipgloss I didn't lick

nyx website www.nyxcosmetics.com... and their shipping is rather inexpensive if I remember correctly, too!
    The Daily Nail
    My latest project:365 different nail designs in 365 days. New post every day!daily-nail.blogspot.com

You can also find NYX at certain beauty supply stores (not mainstream) or on EBAY. This seller has a store that sells them. I love NYX eye shadows, great quality for a great price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NYX-Single-EYESH...QQcmdZViewItem
    ~~Tonia, a 30 something Hello Kitty Fanatic from Los Angeles, CA ~~

I LOVE NYX well before i got wayy into mac anyway hahaha but just so you know their texture and quality of the shadows are comparable to mac's veluxe pearl (the frosty shades anyway) and the matter shades are like mac's satins. they are intense with color! pick up their Lime Green, it looks almost identical to mac's lucky green :P also their purple is WAYYY more vibrant than any mac's. they also have hot pinks and reddish pinks.

i have 4 of their trios and a couple single shadows. i highly reccomend them. i hate milani and prefer this brand over milani any day :P

I have 2 NYX colors that I don't want anymore...I'll offer them to someone *hehe* Hit me up about them.
    she likes to pose and wants to be in Glamour
    her boyfriend doesn't understand; he tells her to go a little slower.
    but this is a fast paced world and you gotta keep moving.
    she's doing all she can; whether you see it or not, she's improving.
    she'll never stop, she'll never stop, you can't make her...

i get mine at red eye and papaya...i'm sure there's a few of both in san diego, and they're really cheap ;]

i have to check these out!! its so cheep!! thanx for the link!!

I just bought some of those pearl powdery things.
    I hope they don't suck. At least the shipping was only $1.06.
    The Daily Nail
    My latest project:365 different nail designs in 365 days. New post every day!daily-nail.blogspot.com

can anyone provide input on how NYX green tea eyeshadow compares to the MAC green tea from the Sweet Tea quad?
    J'aurais voulu ne pas mourir, j'aurais voulu ne jamais grandir, j'aurais voulu me casser l'ame.

Specktra.net FAQ Forum: http://specktra.net/forumdisplay.php?f=190
    Specktra Industry Discussion Forum: http://specktra.net/forumdisplay.php?f=194

Quote:
    Originally Posted by martygreene
    can anyone provide input on how NYX green tea eyeshadow compares to the MAC green tea from the Sweet Tea quad?

to get it to look like mac, you're going to have to use a base and apply a few layers of it ;] i love nyx, but the consistency is alot different from mac.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by THE ANTHEM
    to get it to look like mac, you're going to have to use a base and apply a few layers of it ;] i love nyx, but the consistency is alot different from mac.

colorwise is it comperable though?
    J'aurais voulu ne pas mourir, j'aurais voulu ne jamais grandir, j'aurais voulu me casser l'ame.

Specktra.net FAQ Forum: http://specktra.net/forumdisplay.php?f=190
    Specktra Industry Discussion Forum: http://specktra.net/forumdisplay.php?f=194

NYX Is very well pigmented. I have their lipsticks and pencils as well..

They also have pigment powders now (loose powders) which carries a BIG RAVE as well.

NYX shadows?

I've heard so many great things about NYX's shadows but I've never tried them before. I am considering purchasing some of them online considering I can't find them in any stores around me. I've heard that they are comparable to MAC shadows but yet they are only like 3 bucks!! Are they really that great?? It's hard to believe that something so cheap could be so good...

I wanted to hear everyones opinions before I buy any of them.
    "We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty."

myspace + livejournal

they are pretty great for cheapo shadows. the collection selection is awesome and they are super pigmented.

i would recommend this ebay seller. i got my nyx shadows from her (she carries all of them) as she's even cheaper than the NYX site.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...TRK:ME WN:SID

NYX shadows are pretty nice. I think they are lustres though I'm not sure. They have a really silky feel and stay on pretty well. So they're pretty nice for only $5 at Wrentham Outlet (it's in the perfume store near the Gap).

I believe they retail for $5, but where I buy them it's $2.99 ($3.99 for blushes).

And really, the texture of both e/s and blush are great. Very fine textures, and pretty well-pigmented. There are different finishes, just like MAC.

But, they seem less like a MAC substitute and more like a Chanel substitute. They even have those little diamond-shaped things pressed into them. If that makes any sense.

Anyway, Nyx is good stuff. Excellent price, and very decent quality shadows and blushes. You can buy their stuff online at nyxcosmetics.com

yeah they are really cheap and they stay on very very well !!! i use them sometimes... and sometimes when i go in the MAC store they think its mac and im like,... wish it was but it isnt lol

I love NYX,they have a wide range of colour and love their eyeshadow trios.
    However the little sponge applicators you get with it are useless,so you HAVE TO use brushes(which everyone does anyway :P)

Yes, I thought the website was too expensive...I found them at Long's in CA for $3-4, IIRC. I love Rust though! It's such a cool color-worth checking out!
    robyn on MUA

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RobynG1
    I love Rust though! It's such a cool color-worth checking out!

Yeah, Rust is awesome! I wore it for an Xmas party, blended with a dark green e/s. It looked hot. Rust looks a lot like MAC's Cranberry e/s, too.

Where do you buy them? I've been looking everywhere for them and can't seem to find them in any store.

I'd rather not buy them online seeing as how I've never used them before.

I bought some of those from Long's Drugs in Hawaii. And that applicator it comes with does suck. Overall I think they are ptretty good. I also think I paid more than five bucks. LOL But, that was Hawaii.

Long's or nyxcosmetics.com. Oh, and you must get the Ocean e/s if you missed on Blue Absinthe this might be a little greener. Tell us what you get.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*
    NC45, black hair, combination to oily skin

I love NYX eyeshadows. They're akk highly pigmented and apply well.

Page 1 of 64 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast