NYX Products

Caderas

i got set number 12 of the trio [golden/rust/walnut bronze] at the "Fragrance Outlet" in the Tanger Outlet of Branson, MO.

all the colours are beautiful, but just to let you know:: in the pictures on their site it makes the "rust" look orange, it's way red. probably really close to mac's "coppering." and the "golden" is more of a dull orangey colour. the walnut also looks sorta reddish on the site, but it's really a chocolately-brown. all of the colours work extremely well for me, i would recommend them.

right now i'm really craving the trio set number 10. tropical colours...oooooo.

haha, hope i helped you out a bit!! good luck--

Shawna

I knew these sounded familiar. I have bought the loose eye shadow but I wasn't really impressed with it. I gave it to my mom. I was hoping they would be like Mac pigments, and they weren't. The colour was really nice for the first couple of hours and then faded away into oblivion. That said, it was way before I knew about shadesticks or primer potion. I might go and buy some tommorow. They were totally cheap so if they have staying power over a s/s, they would be worth it. I will let everyone know how they are.

Shawna

I thought I'd give the loose eye shadows another try, but I just didn't like them. The colour was pretty in the bottle (penny) but the colour payoff wasn't there. When I applied it, the copper colour disappeared and left a black smudge behind. This was over a shadestick too. Plus I had an allergic reaction to it and my eyes swelled shut. I am not a fan of the loose e/s, but the regular e/s were cheap and looked really pretty. I might try them next time, hopefully with better results.

melozburngr

nyx website
smiles.gif
www.nyxcosmetics.com... and their shipping is rather inexpensive if I remember correctly, too!

lah_knee

I LOVE NYX
smiles.gif
well before i got wayy into mac anyway hahaha but just so you know their texture and quality of the shadows are comparable to mac's veluxe pearl (the frosty shades anyway) and the matter shades are like mac's satins. they are intense with color! pick up their Lime Green, it looks almost identical to mac's lucky green :p also their purple is WAYYY more vibrant than any mac's. they also have hot pinks and reddish pinks.

i have 4 of their trios and a couple single shadows. i highly reccomend them. i hate milani and prefer this brand over milani any day :p

kimmy

i get mine at red eye and papaya...i'm sure there's a few of both in san diego, and they're really cheap ;]

melozburngr

I just bought some of those pearl powdery things.
I hope they don't suck. At least the shipping was only $1.06.
smiles.gif

martygreene

can anyone provide input on how NYX green tea eyeshadow compares to the MAC green tea from the Sweet Tea quad?

kimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by martygreene
can anyone provide input on how NYX green tea eyeshadow compares to the MAC green tea from the Sweet Tea quad?

to get it to look like mac, you're going to have to use a base and apply a few layers of it ;] i love nyx, but the consistency is alot different from mac.

martygreene

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE ANTHEM
to get it to look like mac, you're going to have to use a base and apply a few layers of it ;] i love nyx, but the consistency is alot different from mac.

colorwise is it comperable though?

Modil

NYX Is very well pigmented. I have their lipsticks and pencils as well..

They also have pigment powders now (loose powders) which carries a BIG RAVE as well.

britaniefaith

NYX shadows?

I've heard so many great things about NYX's shadows but I've never tried them before. I am considering purchasing some of them online considering I can't find them in any stores around me. I've heard that they are comparable to MAC shadows but yet they are only like 3 bucks!! Are they really that great?? It's hard to believe that something so cheap could be so good...

I wanted to hear everyones opinions before I buy any of them.

Latest posts