MAC School in California

bubbas454

Hey Guys,

A girl that I know has just done a 4 week course with MAC in California and I would really like to do the same only she has lost the contact details and I was wondering if anyone on here has any contact details or a web address I might be able to look at.

If no-one has details of a MAC school in California but has one for somewhere else I would apreciate the details.

Thanks in advance

glam8babe

i see your from the UK... im pretty sure they do MAC classes at London for about £1000.. i dont know much else about it but its on every year apparently

bubbas454

No the course run here would be no good its just a 5 day course.

The course my friend did was 4 weeks with a pro shoot at the end and was by the Head MAC trainer for California.

I cant seem to get any info anywhere its killing me lol

bubbas454

Nah it turns out I misunderstood my friend as I contacted MAC who confirmed that they run no courses.

kyoto

There is a Mac Artist that teaches a 4 week course here in Southern California. She teaches one at Mount San Antonio College, and another at Rio Hondo College. I was enrolled in November, but had to drop out because I had too much going on at the time. I'm hoping to try again this year.

kyoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandaz_Diamondz
Here is the link for the makeup artistry course for the Spring 2008 semester at Rio Hondo College in Whittier. It's a 6-week course taught by freelance mua Carilyn Simon. I recommend this class- it's quick, fun and very informative. http://www.riohondo.edu/ecd/CECD/sp08/Theatre_Arts.pdf

This is the course that I was enrolled in. I spoke with Carilyn several times and she's very nice and helpful. I was in the middle of moving at the time, but will try again this year. Glad to know someone already took the course and enjoyed it.

kyoto

I forgot to mention that Nordstrom Brea Mac Counter is having a technique class this Saturday. There will be two, one at 11:00 AM and another at 3:00 PM. You pay $50.00, which of course goes toward the purchase of products. They called me last night, but I'm not able to make it. Just an FYI for anyone that is in the area and may be interested.

Sikfrmthemirror

i go to rio hondo and never had i heard of this until awhile ago when my friend asked me to help a girl get her kit together. i never knew that was going on at all, but i ended going to make up designory anyway which i loved btu this seems interesting.

bubbas454

Thanks for all your replies and Im sorry it has taken so long to thank you all. I did in the end find out the name of the school its Glammin in OC and looks good it would now be a case of getting the cash together and finding some where to stay so fingers crossed
smiles.gif

jenavii

I'm going to be taking the Make Up Artistry Program this Fall at Rio Hondo. The class actually starts in 2 weeks. Im excited and hope its worth it!

jenavii

The class is $345 plus the cost of make up. I just bought the two MAC student kits, which cost about $640 UDS with tax for the both of them. Check out this link for more info on the class http://www.riohondo.edu/ecd/cecd/fall08/Theatre.pdf

After you've enrolled then send you all the info you need to enroll in the MAC Pro STUDENT Program and a list of supplies you need.

wifey806

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenavii
I'm going to be taking the Make Up Artistry Program this Fall at Rio Hondo. The class actually starts in 2 weeks. Im excited and hope its worth it!

So how would u rank the course?
smiles.gif

gespiritu

I'm taking the course at Mt SAC in January, I am so excited! I would love to read other people's reviews of the classes!

Lambie

The only real MAC school in Southern California is Lu Ross Academy in Ventura, CA. http://www.lurossacademy.com/make-up-artist/ . They use only MAC cosmetics and MAC brushes in their kits and are approved by MAC. I took it because I wanted to work freelance. We did 3 photoshoots in the course and I started my portfolio before I graduated. Sure I learned how to do a smoky eye, but all schools do that, what I learned was how to actually work as a MUA. It's a real school that's approved by the government, the instructor, Holly rocks and the kit is amazing. I just wish they had more courses.

Latest posts