Luminess Air at home airbrush makeup?

kimschelling

reply to snugglebunny

I've searched for reviews on luminess air after watching an infomercial on it and all I found was "NO ONE TRIED it" "tell me if it works" "Some hate it...some like it".....so I just decided to buy it!!! I know there are millions of people who are concerned about this product and sketchy beacause that IS ALOT of money ya know? I'm crazy when it comes to beauty products! My husband gets pissed but I went and purchased it and tried it on today and I LOVE it! I went from store bought makeup to bareminerals which started feeling chalky after continuos usage (6+ months)....then I switched over to sheer cover <--that was beautiful....I decided to put half of bareminerals on my face and sheer cover on the other half and bareminerals looks so natural but the feel of it just started getting chalky, but it did make my skin very nice! IT's not bad just stop using it if it does feel that way and pick back up after a day or two...sheer cover side looked more glamorous like a movie star but if you get the wrong color it can look fake and ugly, but it's more of a glamorous look than bare minerals...I showed my husband and he pointed at the bareminerals side and stated that one was better but I like the glamorous look LOL...so I've been using sheer cover for about 6-7 months now and I started breaking out...maybe stress or maybe the brushes I've been using (since bacteria does get caught up in there if you don't wash them daily) <--no one has time for that! I ordered proactiv and that stuff is working pretty good, been using it for 2 weeks and it also makes your face pretty and smooth....I ran across the infomercial of luminess air and I'm crazy, like I said I spend money like it's water so I was so amazed by this commercial that I ordered it and HOLY COW cost me $100 w/shipping fees and something else I forgot <--the was including the $29.95 for 30 days <--BS hahaha but anyway it's $64 for 4 months after that so I got the monthly payments installed since I wasn't about to pay for it all in one bulk, but if you add it all up including what I paid and the installments it's about $365 <--almost $400....anyways I bought the pro system and I love it...I got that one just because it had 3 different settings for whatever reason I DUNNO I just like the best there is lol. I only used it for one day but I had to apply it 3 times over and over to get used to it because it is DIFFERENT (your not touching your face so it's kind of hard the first time) but the first time the foundation looked too dark I think I was pulling back all the way and your only supposed to pull back 1/4 or half way only and the blush is SUPER strong (colored) so I looked like a clown hahahah so I washed my face and tried it again and the coverage was getting better and I tried experimenting w/the blush the second time cuz that's what's messing the whole process up in the end so I put 2 drops of blush and 1 drop of thhat pearl crap and that looked straight retarded on me (maybe better off w/someone of fair complexion to LIGHT) and I had to rewash my face AGAIN and this time "third times a charm" The foundation was LIKE A PrO and the blush I mixed 2 drops of blush and 1 drop of the foundation and applied it lightly and BAM <--stunning! the bronzer is a KICK A$$ if you ask me...it's just like a bronzing highlight for that glow NICE! So this stuff looks so natural...you can't see my pimples AT ALL...my face is flawless and beautiful...looks so natural like I'm not wearing makeup...it feels nice putting it on also but that's where people screw up because there's already air blowing out the machine so it kinda fakes you out when pulling the throttle back <--that's where most over due it but you have to practice HELL it only took me 3 times in 1 day
th_wink3.gif
so anyway your supposed to use a shade or 2 lighter and that is your concealer...if not I tried using store bought concealer and putting luminess over that and that looked even better <--after I get the hang of it I can use a lighter shade from the air brush but I don't have time to practice being in the military I just spray and go and it's so quick and easy and your not touching your face causing bacteria....the makeup is oil-free so that's a plus since i have break outs as is and trying to get rid of them! After a month of luminess air, I bet I'll be a pro and look AMAZING
winkiss.gif
if it took me 3 times in 30-40 min my first time then I'll be a pro in a month LOL...I'm a fast learner and when it comes to new trends dealing w/makeup I'm on top of it....if you have ANY questions please feel free to e-mail me at [email protected] SUBJECT: Luminessair, I WILL reply for I do check my e-mails on a daily basis...this was worth the money to me because I always like new things and w/in a week it'll take me 5 minutes to apply <--it's so convenient and I love it already...most women order and expect to look like a movie star but let me tell you....have you actually seen a movie star??? THINK...they have all that money for surgery and plus they work on their face for hours on end and most the time you see them in pictures which those pictures are tweaked anyway....so if there make up is airbrushed then their airbrushed again through the picture and the lighting has changed as well! so please, your not gonna look straight from the magazine ya know? Video cameras are even tweaked to have better lighting. If I airbrushed your face for an hour w/this luminess then you'll probably look close enough ya know
lol.gif
but it's better than mineral makeup...Airbrush in general is nice and looks better than the real deal brushes and even airbrushed nails look better than painted...Luminess terms and condition states that you can't use other foundations that weren't meant for the brand but I'm pretty sure you can use other airbrush products that were meant for airbrush! if your airbrush breaks than you can buy another one for $99...you still have the compressor and all <--that's the cheapest airbrush I've seen!!! I also checked out dinair.com <--that site was BEAUTIFUL! I was planning on sticking to the luminess foundation and purchasing airbrush Eyeshadow from dinair...it's still meant for airbrushing so I don't see what the difference is, I think they meant we can't use other foundation from the stores or especially something not meant for airbrushing in general??? someone e-mail me otherwise if you know of mixing other airbrush products w/different brands. I will never have to touch my face again!! Plus especially w/MAC eyeshadow taking me forever...airbrushing my eyeshadow will take half the time

jinxii

wow... i wanted to read all of that... but it was just so... overwhelming!

and I recieved the Lumineer Pro airbrush system etc... in february for my birthday... ive played around with it a few times. but its just too much work for everyday use.

JessicaPR

Hi, I just did a 30 day trial online. I saw the infomercial one lazy Sunday afternoon. I currently wear mineral makeup and spend almost $75 every other month to refill it. I havent been happy with it in the now approaching summer because I sweat the mineral makeup off. The trial is 29.99 + 32.xx shipping, total of $62.00, I charged it. I figured if I get it and it sucks I can always dispute it on my cc. But if turns out to be good, Ill keep it and pay the remaining 3 payments of 49.99. We'll see....
winks.gif

VivaLaChong

To kimschelling:
LOL yet another fake review.
One post, new member, and it just happens to be a raving review for a mediocre product? Nice try with the spelling mistakes, at least it's more realistic than the other one
winkiss.gif

Personally, I haven't tried this, and when watching the infomercials, it looks, well, too good to be true.
And after reading loads of reviews (most of which tell about being charged 4 times for the same product), seems I was right.

To anyone else who plans on purchasing one of these systems, I definitely recommend googleing some reviews first, and watching over your credit veeery carefully
thmbup.gif

rollayesenia

I got my kit a couple months ago, and so far so good. It's a work in progress, in that sometimes I put on too much of it, I get to anxious and rather than letting the make up set in before layering more on. I have very dark circles, have tried creams and many concealers, but they all crease on me and I tend to put it on throughout the whole day. With the airbrushing it doesn't crease and it stays in place. I haven't looked into ordering more makeup, the kit I got has plenty, but will have to check into it. My kit came with 4 shades of foundation, a blush, a translucent shimmery, and a bronzer. I've also been using bare minerals, but I must say that the airbrush seems to look much more natural and sheer. I don't use a lot of coverage so it works for me. It does take longer to put it on, but I think it's worth the time and luckily the cleaning is just adding a few drops of water into the stencil and rinsing it out before putting on the next blush, or bronzer. Would be nice if it was more affordable but I'm always trying different things, and it all adds up I figured I'd check it out, plus it was a gift to myself for my b-day.
th_LMAO.gif

On the credit card charges, I'm not done with my payments, but If I have a problem with being overcharged, I'll dispute the charges or cancel my cc, simple as that.

I haven't had the need to call customer service so can't speak of my experience on that.

stacylynne

Here's a link that I found. Some of the reviews you can tell are fake & some real. Just as a not, if something is too good to be true it usually is.

INFOMERCIAL RATINGS.COM - LUMINESS AIR REVIEWS

If you want that airbrush look I would use foundation, powder & a little fix plus on a Stippiling brush & just add a little van. pigment above your cheekbones for that extra glow.
Or just use the dior skin flash airbrush foundation.

Jenuine

Hey,
I'm new to this but. I have the Luminess air and am unfortunatly sending it back today.. IF I can get through to get the code I need. I SO wanted this to work! Its so much fun, and my girls love for me to blow the air on their face, (they think they are getting make up)
I'm a Make Up JUNKIE!!! While this is so cool and so fun.... It really does show the wrinkles. While I am very young looking for my age, it did show every sign and seemed like some I didnt even notice I had until using this.

The guy that works at MAC told me that the one that MAC sells does this. I hate it but its going back. If I knew another product would work better, I would get it and use it because I LOVE the concept.. Just not the final look.
I'm bummed. Hope this helped!
JEN

AshleyArtist

I Had a luminess Airbrush system As well & I hated it the makeup was horrible it took me like 4 weeks to get it and I totally agree with what is said above i looked like an old lady lol but I really did!!

But ladys there is light at the end a this tunnel LOL I looooooooooove Dinair's Aibrush Makeup I have a slight Acne prob but this makeup covered everything and they have this like clear conditioner (they call it) / moisturizer thing that you can spray a lil under the eye area (wrinkles lol) and it fix's the problem i would deffinatley suggest Dinair's

lilt2487

I don't think i'm going to buy this system. wayyyy too many spammers, which kinda scares me. that probably means it wont last very long if they have to succumb to spamming makeup forums. thumbs down..

Willa

It's weird because after seing it at the Makeup Show 2 weeks ago, I thought it worked wonderfully well (sorry if I misspell). I was actually thinking about buying it. I saw the results on a lady and it was super nice and glowy!

dlongmo

I have a airbrush gun and a compressor and have tried the MAC airbrush foundation in it. I can't say that I am impressed. The airbrush foundation I have is silicone based and isn't great for my skin. However, I bought the Mystic tanning solution and use that with the airbrush gun and it works awesome. Not sure how a water based foundation would work, it would have to be really really runny.

Visual Edge

Luminess Air Reviews

Girls, any company with an amazing product should have a good customer service system set up. I mean, how many times have you tried CULT FAVORITE items and they don't work for you? Everybody's different so customer service and return policy is veryvery important even when a product is legit.

Any company that doesnt properly take care of their customers is a waste of time, in my opinion. Read through those reviews, this company is NOT worth dealing with and the money would be better spent elsewhere. If you're really interested in airbrushing, look into a trusted brand.

Suprgirl209

Hey everyone,

I was looking online to see what everybody else thought about luminess air and I came across this site. Well for a long time I wanted to try it but after reading all the info online about their customer service and all that I decided not to get it. Anyway very recently I was watching the Home Shopping Network, hsn.com, and they were actually doing their live presentations for it, I guess it's new to HSN, so I told my brother I wanted it for Christmas. Well I only recently started using it and at first I sucked at it, but as time goes by I'm getting better at it. I apply all my lotions first and then I use the primer they provide and then use the color that matches beat. It's not so bad once you get used to it and pick out your perfect match, which I found using the number 2 shade, but I'm guessing that not everybody will find one shade thy works perfectly with their skin tone so that's where mixing comes in. Anyway the blush is nice, once you learn, but I hate the bronzer, only because it's full of shimmer and I'd rather not have all that shimmer on my face. But it might look good as a shadow, even though I'm nowhere near being able to apply it as shadow, I'm not that good. But the foundTion is kinda shiny, I guess at hsn you automatically get the satin and don't get to choose the matte makeup, even though you can order the big bottles from there seperately in matte or satin, so I'll definitely be purchasing the matte in color number 2. But until then I just use my white loose powder at the end over the airbrushed makeup so basically it looks matte anyway. So yeah so far it's not bad it takes practice, i've only used it for about a week so I can't say it's perfect. Anyway I just wanted to review it and suggest that if you want to try it go to hsn.com because you get to try it for 30 days and return it if you don't like it, and they do flexpay so you don't have to pay for it all at once, I think it's four payments if you choose that option. And it's cheaper, I think it's like 170 or something I forgot. So yeah that's all I wanted to say, kinda long but stll.

NaturalSister19

Hello all,

I purchased the Luminess Air Beauty Kit from HSN, which has VERY good customer service. I have not had any concerns in the customer service area...so far so good. I'm not really worried because I have had great experiences shopping with HSN for years.

I agree about their foundations (mediocre at best) but I have had great success mixing my own using water based & silicone foundations that I already use. Distilled water mixed with oil free moisturizer works great for the face foundations to get the right fluidity. For body, I like a mineral/silicone foundation that I thin down with 91% alcohol that you can get at any CVS. It may take a little practice for you to get the right consistency.

Kett airbrush foundations are great if you want to avoid the mixing. I've ordered some of those over the years and I will again when I want to spend the money. Not super costly, but a little more expensive than other foundations I get with pro discount programs.

Luminess is my second airbrush. I wanted a much more portable one than what I had/have been using for the past 7 years which is by Badger. For the Luminess price, it has been well worth it for me. My other airbrush equipment, Badger Compressor with an Iwata Airbrush cost me around $750 and required MUCH more maintenance with the oil system. Plus, it is very heavy & bulky, so it was a hassle to take on location.

I give Luminess Air a personal rating of about 8 out of 10. I'm glad I got it. So if you need an inexpensive airbrush system - I say give it a try, but don't expect too much out of Luminess foundations.

Here is a picture of a model I did recently using my Luminess. She's trying out for a Hooters Calendar so I did face & body.

You be the judge.

Hope this helps.
GraceHootCal.jpg
(Mod note: please do not link to your own websites in forum posts. Keep them confined to your signature. -shellygrrl)

ajmom1171

I found this thread by searching for links for this makeup system and really wanted to share my experience. I purchased the Luminess Airbrush System from HSN (cheaper than the Luminess website), and I love it now. At first, I was very skeptical for the reasons of price as well as me being a light-skinned African American, I have a hard time finding makeup that suits my complexion.
My 1st trial did not go as well because like it says, new users tend to push the handle on the stylus all the way back and that makes the foundation come out blotchy. It took me a few tries to find my correct color and about 3 tries to learn how to properly do the circular motion and have my makeup not spill all over my clothes (which happened a few times in the beginning). I have actually gotten pretty good and it only takes about 5 or 6 minutes to complete a full coverage application.
The bottles are small and if you have any blemishes on your face or prefer full-coverage, you will use a lot I refill my stylus about 4 times during 1 application using 6 drops of 1 color and 3 drops of another color because I have to actually mix 2 colors F-7 and F-6 to get the perfect color. The system is expensive to keep up with the foundation ranging from $25 to $40 a bottle depending on what kind you use. With the spilling and the leakage of the stylus I managed to use all of the F-7 in a matter of 5 days.
There is no way I can afford to use this makeup and only this makeup. Although I do love it, I will only use it for special occasions and for my wedding in June! It will even come in handy for doing prom or wedding makeup for friends and family...probably for a nominal fee though! I do reccommend it to those who have higher budgets. It really is a good system.

NaturalSister19

@ajmom1171

This foundation is excellent & usually $19.00 per 1oz bottle from this website. At this price, you could definitely use your Luminess Air more often! Compared to Luminess foundation, I would say you may use about 8-10 drops to get the coverage you need.

It is currently on sale for $15.20 (20% off)

Here is the link.

Graftobian Glamaire Foundation

Hope this helps! (mod note: personal links removed)

lmg04

Based on my personal experience with the Luminess product, I whole-heartedly recommend you do NOT purchase it. It is overpriced, cheaply made and difficult to return even under warranty. It splatters the make up across my face, the stylus lever stops working every week. The company is very difficult to work with and the reps are rude. Save yourself some trouble and don't buy anything from Luminess.

mac_aiken

For what it's worth..I've had mine for a year and love it. I also found through trial and error that MAC airbrush foundation (PRO) works in it.

novellastar

I just got the luminess air machine i love it so far, I just want to know if it would be possible to use OCC airbrush makeup with it?

Latest posts