Makeup Schools

Chelseaa

I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but I think so.
Is there such thing as a speedy makeup school?
I'm going to college in the fall but I really want to look into makeup and everything, and it would be cool to just take like a speedy class during the summer. Maybe that's a little too convenient, but does it exist? =/

I'm entertaining the idea of getting into freelancing, although i know it must be a lot of work. I want to make it happen though. Anything you could tell me would be great.

tearsindecember

There's an amazing makeup school here in Orlando, FL.. Joe Blasco's. It's only 11 weeks. I'm going to be attending after I finish Paul Mitchell.
smiles.gif

Love Always Ivy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tearsindecember
There's an amazing makeup school here in Orlando, FL.. Joe Blasco's. It's only 11 weeks. I'm going to be attending after I finish Paul Mitchell.
smiles.gif

how is paul mitchell? they are opening one near me and im considering going (my store says they will do tuition reimbursement!)

tearsindecember

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love Always Ivy
how is paul mitchell? they are opening one near me and im considering going (my store says they will do tuition reimbursement!)

Paul Mitchell is amazing. It's so much fun. You really learn a lot, and get to work with the greatest people. You get to work on people, make tips, and actually get the feel of being in a salon all day. You definetly won't regret it.
smiles.gif

giggles1972

has anyone ever heard of HEX Hollywood Expressions traveling makeup school? if so, what are your thoughts. They are coming to my area Nov 2008

pyxystixx

Quote:
Originally Posted by giggles1972
has anyone ever heard of HEX Hollywood Expressions traveling makeup school? if so, what are your thoughts. They are coming to my area Nov 2008

Damn this link makeupartistchat.com had a ton of information in regards to that school. But I don't see the page anymore. Anyways, from what I read, please be careful. Pretty much what people were saying was that this sounded like a scam. I was so about to sign up but then it kinda all made sense that it might really be a scam...and I don't have 2k to throw away like that.

Mandaz_Diamondz

Look into the community colleges in your area. This past fall I attended a 6-week (class held once a week for like 4 hours in the evening) at a community college in the area and was able to get my certificate. I paid about $300, which wasn't a bad price at all. I learned the basics, hygiene, new tips and tricks and was able to work with different people.

j babyy

Makeup Designory is a great makeup school. Its a little bit expensive but completely worth it. They have a 4 week beauty makeup course, as well as a lot more detailed courses that would take longer. I went the the location in Burbank, CA but they also have a location in NYC

christylee

I went to Makeup Designory in Burbank to do the 4 week beauty course and I loved it. I had already taken theatre makeup and prosthetics at Cal State Fullerton (which I would highly recommend as well) and I really wanted to round out my makeup knowledge. Beauty makeup was exactly what I needed. I had checked out a couple schools, but I knew as soon as I walkd into MUD that this was the school I wanted to go to. Friendly staff, awesome facilities, and it's located in a great area. My teacher was Jackie Mgido, and aside from the curriculum, I learned so many awesome little tips and tricks from her as well. Another plus is that the MUD shop is located in the front of the school, so you can pick up anything you need during a class. I saw some amazing work come out of my class and the other classes in session. It's not cheap, but I can honestly say it's worth it and Makeup Designory has a fantastic reputation in the industry.

OH! If you poke around on the MAC pro site, you'll see that MAC pro members get a discount at MUD as well, so it's awesome that the two are affiliated.

QTAllStarGurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tearsindecember
There's an amazing makeup school here in Orlando, FL.. Joe Blasco's. It's only 11 weeks.

I may be going there..but it may not be until summer '09 b/c i dont have time this summer...but please do share updates on how you like it!!!
winks.gif

My girlfriend, Tricia Sawyer, you can google her and view her resume (personal make-up artist to Sharon Stone, Jessica Alba, Scarlett Johansson, Brittany Murphy, etc.), has opened up a school in Los Angeles called Trix. She offers a one-week crash course on make-up for film and television. You can view her resume on IMDB or at this website Tricia Sawyer

Check it out!

SpeckyBecky

Has anyone ever done the Elite Pro at home study program? I am no where near an actual make up school so I was wondering everyone's thoughts on this?

Annie

Quote:
Originally Posted by laguayaca
does anyone know about some in Va Beach or Norfolk, Hampton Roads area

As far as I know, there isn't one in the Hampton Roads area (I live there as well, so I've searched); the closest I've found is Yvonne De Vilar in Vienna VA (outside of DC).

lizb

I think somebody else asked this, but had anyone done Elite Pro online program? Supposedly it's one of the top makeup schools in Spain, but before I fork out money, I want to know if it's legit or bogus?? Thanks so much!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelseaa
I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but I think so.
Is there such thing as a speedy makeup school?
I'm going to college in the fall but I really want to look into makeup and everything, and it would be cool to just take like a speedy class during the summer. Maybe that's a little too convenient, but does it exist? =/

I'm entertaining the idea of getting into freelancing, although i know it must be a lot of work. I want to make it happen though. Anything you could tell me would be great.

look at the mac pro website
http://www.macpro.com/templates/user/pro_student.tmpl

they have a mac pro student membership option and it lists all the schools MAC approves. go to your state and then google the different schools to see what types of programs they have. good luck!

ShortnSassy

i just graduated from a local academy and got my esthetics license. i really want to pursue going to another makeup school because i just don't feel confident enough going out into the industry without some formal training under my belt. my instructor at school went to westmore academy in burbank, ca. she said she got an amazing education and now has movies such as the hills have eyes 2 and transformers on her resume.

Latest posts