How to use Mac Glitter and make it stay put? Other Uses?

Indian Barbie

I tried looking for topic on search but couldn't find one that answered my question.

I got Reflects Gold for xmas and I'm not sure what to do with it exactly. What can I do with it and what's the best primer to use for it that doesn't take away the sparkliness?

karinaf

Re: How to use Mac Glitter and make it STAY PUT? Lol

I usually mix it with mixing medium and it stays put!

glittergoddess27

Nope the MAC pro mixing medium is clear. It shouldn't remove the sparkles. Here are some other tips I use to make them stay.

Remember those horrible glitz glosses,.. well gently pat a little on your lid, (Like Afterparty or Ramoneo) and use a soft brush and pat the glitter over it and Bam!

Use a CCB on your cheeks and then brush on glitter.

Pat glitter over EZR,..

If you have a costume theatre company get some Ben Nye Final Seal and spray it on after apply glitter.

After applying eyeliner (or shadestick) use an angle brush and apply glitter on top of the product.

Hope that helps you! You wouldn't believe how much of the new Reflects Transparent Teal I managed to pack on my face last saturday.
smiles.gif

user79

I know some MAs use clear lash glue and mix glitter with it, then apply it. The glue dries clear and the glitter stays put.

astronaut

Ehhh that's a lot of work (for me) to use the reflects glitters. Making me really think twice about getting them. I thought they pretty much stick as much as pigments do?

Lil_D

I use the Reflects glitter with my paint pots and it sticks on great.

darkishstar

The reflects teal was much better than the very pink one. lol.
I just brushed on the teal and so much was there... none of the pink one. Must get a mixing medium...

xxsgtigressxx

Anything with a creamy consistency would help the reflects stick if you cant use mixing medium, otherwise you can use a brush to apply it to your lashes when your mascara isnt dry yet, it looks really pretty as long as you dont use too much
smiles.gif
cutey.gif

MellyMac

Hey there.....okay. Put on your eyeshadow like normal and then just a sheer layer of clear lip glass works great. It is only for shot term wear because it will crease. For longer wear I lay it down on top of my paint pots. For use on the body and the rest of the face, spray fix plus then tap your large powder brush over the area you want the glitter and it looks great.

j_absinthe

I just use clear gloss or vaseline, spread it over the area I want the glitter on, and pat the glitter over the area with either a brush or my finger. Works pretty well for me.

jubethone

I'm afraid to use any of the glitters near my eye because they are not eye-safe, and I also know a girl (at my work) who got some in her eye and she said it "hurt like a bitch"

lilchocolatema

CCB's are the best for this, IMO. If you are using them on the eye, I would apply a paint first, then a thin layer of CCB right on top. I like to pat a sponge on top of the glitter, so it picks up a small layer, and then spray it with a bit of Fix + to keep it on the sponge until it hits my eye. Using a sponge prevents your brush from getting all dirty, and you know it takes FOREVER to get glitter out of a brush.

HTH!!!

sleepyhead

i use a clear mascara as a base on my lids and it works quite well

missmacqtr

well i usually use my pearl ccb..and brush it over ..and it looks gorgeous!

Kiseki

You can use MUFE's Fixer Spray to make sure it won't fall off during the day, a friend of mine has used both MUFE's and Kryolan's and raves about either.

Latest posts