How to use Mac Glitter and make it stay put? Other Uses?

baroquely

Re: How to use Mac Glitter and make it STAY PUT? Lol

Silly question - For those of you who use the lash glue to get the glitter to stick, does your eyelid feel tight when you're done? I know you only use a really thin coat, but I don't want it to feel like my eyelid has been frozen.

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by baroquely
Silly question - For those of you who use the lash glue to get the glitter to stick, does your eyelid feel tight when you're done? I know you only use a really thin coat, but I don't want it to feel like my eyelid has been frozen.

Nope, you will be fine if you use a thin layer. You won't even notice the glue. My prblem was getting the glue off. That was a pain in the ass.

Moonspell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil_D
I use the Reflects glitter with my paint pots and it sticks on great.

Me too and the glitter sticks all day.
th_DANCE.gif

SMMY

I've been using DuWop Payoff, instead of mixing medium. It basically turns powdered eye shadows into cream eye shadows. Once it's essentially a cream to powder eye shadow, I haven't had any problem with fallout. Plus it really intensifies the color.

Kelly78

Reflects glitter help!

Hey fellow MAC addicts!! I'm fairly new to MAC and purchased both of the Little Darling pigment sets. They each came with a reflects glitter - they're gorgeous!! I guess I'm just unsure of exactly how to use these. Can you use them on your eye - and if you can, does it stick or just end up all over the place. They're just so beautiful that I don't want them to just end up sitting in my stash unused. Thanks so much for any ideas/tips you can give me!

Kelly

thedrinkgirl

Re: Reflects glitter help!

I saw the collection yesterday and I've actually got some reflects glitter. It's an incredible glitter but it helps to have something on the eye to adhere to. I freelance at MAC and one of the MA's put the Ungaro ccb on the lid and the reflects pearl over it on a WOC and it was INCREDIBLE!!!!! The other day I wore rule with brun in the crease, crystal avalanche on the lid and placed the reflects glitter a little over the rule/brun color and it looked good. Experiment but yes, they are great on the eyes.

candycane80

MAC glitters are not safe for use on the eyes, you could go bling if any particles got into your eye, they are meant to be used on the body, lips, hair, face (like cheeks) and nails. A lot of people will tell you to use them on your eyes because nothing has happened to them but it is not safe.

LMD84

i have a few glitters and reflects glitters and i mix them with the eyeliner mixing medium to get them to stick to my cheeks and boob area!

tripwirechick

candycane80 is right.. if you choose to use them on your eyes, you do so at your own risk. They can cause scarring to your eye tissue, so think carefully before you make your decision. They look awesome mixed into nailpolishes
smiles.gif

BunnyBunnyBunny

I like to mix them with a Paint Pot and use them under the eye (it's a little safer so that they're not falling into the eye, and the paint keeps the glitter adhered). I like them with Bare Study. Don't put them too close to the waterline though because it can irritate and HURT if they get into your eye, not mention damage the eye.

NewlyMACd

Thanks because I too had not a clue how to use it. I tried it on the lid and it was a lot of fall out so I figured that was the way to go.

Cocopuff

I used a little of the Reflects Blackened Red and the clear lip glass and made my own 'dazzleglass.' It was BEAUTIFUL!

erine1881

hell, i use em on my eyes all the time. dry, wet, mixed with mixing medium, you name it. i get right up there next to my lashes and everything with no problems.

but, like its been said, they aren't approved for the eye area, so try it at your own risk.

LaBruja760

Does anyone know of any good bases that make the color in the reflection POP?!

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBruja760
Does anyone know of any good bases that make the color in the reflection POP?!

anything moist. shadestick, paint pot/paint (before it dries down), or use it on top of anything with a mixing medium (water-based, ezr, liner).

jdechant

Re: reflects glitters avice!!!!

I have a reflects glitter coming in the mail..but I have dealt with plain glitter before so I have a few ideas that can help it stick.

1. Fix + - This works great to help your glitter to stick. Spray your brush with the fix + and then pat it onto to lid or whereever else your using the glitter.

2. Mixing Medium Eyeliner - If you using it for an eyeliner, the MAC Pro store has a mixing medium that is used for glitters or reflects glitters or pigments to create a gel like substance so that you can use it for eyeliner. I still haven't been able to order any as it is out of stock right now, but as soon as I notice it is available again, I will be getting some!!
smiles.gif

GlamQueen21

I own a Reflects glitter and I tried them on my lips with clear lipgloss and it looks amazing. I've never tried them on my eyes and yet I'm too scared to put them on my eyes since I've heard that the Reflects are not eye safe.

rosasola1

i use eyelash glue. works amazing. but get the kind that dries clear.

Latest posts